PDA

View Full Version : New type of bet on the West Coast- I need your advise.

Igeteven
04-19-2010, 09:46 PM
I play Santa Anita, I send a fax to the President of Santa Anita today, and I would like some opinions on this.

As we all know, here in California, we have five or six horse fields Supers, (Big Deal) on the face of it, there is no money to be made in this type of bet.

What I purpose is this.

1. Eliminate Supers except in the 3rd, 5th, and 8th race,( based on 8 races for the day) 90 % of the time, they're maiden claimers or straight maidens, then, we have full fields because of the pick six, late pick 4, and the super high five.

2. Just have supers in those races.

3. If one plays, and hits for 10 cents, they get paid off and if no one hits it for a dollar, the rest of the pool gets carryover to the next super race.

4. I figure that some super pools could reach a half million dollars or so, 10 cents supers will be still played, this type of bet will protect the small bettor against the whales coming and scooping it up as to the super high five. This will give a fair chance to win some serious money when the pools grows.

This will help the player working on a set amount..

Now any suggestions to add or it's a pipe dream.

Lester

Dave Schwartz
04-19-2010, 09:58 PM
If someone hits for $0.10 how is there anything to carry over?

horses4courses
04-19-2010, 10:06 PM

For example, if pool is $50k, person who hits for a dime gets 10% of the payoff. The remainder gets carried forward.

I like the concept - so will the IRS, as there will be more people than before playing, and hitting, for $1 instead of a dime.

Not sure I like nominating the races - why not make an 8-runner minimum?

Igeteven
04-19-2010, 10:11 PM

If the pool shares is base on a dollar bet, half the pools was paid out on one dollar bet and another quarter of the pool was on 10 cents bet, there would be a quarter of the pool left over, there is your carryover.

you only get 10% of the dollar, nothing more.

You get what you pay for, nothing more.

Example, if the pool was 200,000 grand, 4 people hit it on 10 cents, each person would get 20 grand, the left over is 120 grand going into the next super race, plus the new pool.

Big Bucks for the small player.

kenwoodallpromos
04-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Report today said average 7.8 per field? Why should they listen to you?

Igeteven
04-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Report today said average 7.8 per field? Why should they listen to you?

Not in California, do you like the bet?

rwwupl
04-19-2010, 10:50 PM
For example, if pool is $50k, person who hits for a dime gets 10% of the payoff. The remainder gets carried forward.

I like the concept - so will the IRS, as there will be more people than before playing, and hitting, for $1 instead of a dime.

Not sure I like nominating the races - why not make an 8-runner minimum?

Not Bad....

Each bet would be a full hit for dividing shares. Those who played .10c would get 10 % share of a dollar bet. Those who hit for a dollar would get 100% share of the hit.

As long as there are .10 cent bets that hit there would always be a carryover, as 90% of each .10 cent bet would go into the carryover for the next Super.

It would not be necessary for no one to hit to have a carryover like the p-6,... The whales could not buy the pot as long as there were .10 cent tickets played and hit. It would be the little mans carryover pot.

Who knows how big it would become,and paid out on the final day with all tickets on that day being $1 only.

horses4courses
04-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Not Bad....

Each bet would be a full hit for dividing shares. Those who played .10c would get 10 % share of a dollar bet. Those who hit for a dollar would get 100% share of the hit.

As long as there are .10 cent bets that hit there would always be a carryover, as 90% of each .10 cent bet would go into the carryover for the next Super.

It would not be necessary for no one to hit to have a carryover like the p-6,... The whales could not buy the pot as long as there were .10 cent tickets played and hit. It would be the little mans carryover pot.

Who knows how big it would become,and paid out on the final day with all tickets on that day being $1 only.

This could revolutionize superfectas.
Might put th HI-5 to rest, at the same time.
It's obviously attractive to the 10 cent player - the chance to get their rightful share of a large pool. The bigger players, though, have the added incentive of scooping a giant pool by themselves while playing for a $1 unit.

Should there be 4 races on the card with, say, 8 or more runners, you might get multiple carryovers that day, or a very large carryover to the next day's racing. Interesting...........

Igeteven
04-19-2010, 11:09 PM
This could revolutionize superfectas.
Might put th HI-5 to rest, at the same time.
It's obviously attractive to the 10 cent player - the chance to get their rightful share of a large pool. The bigger players, though, have the added incentive of scooping a giant pool by themselves while playing for a $1 unit.

Should there be 4 races on the card with, say, 8 or more runners, you might get multiple carryovers that day, or a very large carryover to the next day's racing. Interesting...........

This would solve a major problem here in California, other tracks, I don't know

As to the whales, They can't do it as long as 10 cents plays, they will be crying when they have to share the ticket with the little folks.

horses4courses
04-19-2010, 11:12 PM
This would solve a major problem here in California, other tracks, I don't know

As to the whales, They can't do it as long as 10 cents plays, they will be crying when they have to share the ticket with the little folks.

But the greed factor plays into it here.
You don't have the chance of scooping the entire pool, unless you play a $.

Igeteven
04-19-2010, 11:15 PM
But the greed factor plays into it here.
You don't have the chance of scooping the entire pool, unless you play a $.

yes, unless you hit it for a dollar, however, the 10 cents players, will get a piece of the action,

some will play it for a buck some will play it for 10 cents

What it stills boiling down to, the little man can cash a big one, the little mans carryover

Igeteven
04-20-2010, 01:20 AM
Not Bad....

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

kenwoodallpromos
04-20-2010, 01:45 AM
Not in California, do you like the bet?
I like the idea of 10c supers in races with expected large fields. I do not understand how a 10c bettor can win the $1 money bet, but the $1 bettor cannot win the 10c money.
I do not even understand why you want to limit certain persons from winning when there are carryovers. But if it works, good!
What do think of my idea to have a special longshot win pool in the feature and stakes races (a pool for stakes, and different one for feature whether stakes or not). The feature may have both pools, and both carry over until the last day of the meet if the longest odds horse in the regular win pool does not win. Then the last day, the carryover pays off regardless of who wins? Longshot bettors can bet everyday, and there is a sure profit the last day for betting!

Thomas Roulston
04-20-2010, 09:42 AM
A still better idea - and one I have expounded here before - is a 1-cent Six-Pack wager, to be won by selecting the first six finishers of a single race in exact order. On each program, the race with the largest field is the race on which this wager is to be offered; as between two or more races with the same number of entries, the one with the highest purse becomes the Six-Pack race (and anticipating what some wise-guy might bring up, in no case could two races with the same purse value be carded on the same program).

If the Six Pack is not hit, it simply keeps carrying over until it finally is hit.

Igeteven
04-20-2010, 10:35 AM
I like the idea of 10c supers in races with expected large fields. I do not understand how a 10c bettor can win the $1 money bet, but the $1 bettor cannot win the 10c money.
I do not even understand why you want to limit certain persons from winning when there are carryovers. But if it works, good!
What do think of my idea to have a special longshot win pool in the feature and stakes races (a pool for stakes, and different one for feature whether stakes or not). The feature may have both pools, and both carry over until the last day of the meet if the longest odds horse in the regular win pool does not win. Then the last day, the carryover pays off regardless of who wins? Longshot bettors can bet everyday, and there is a sure profit the last day for betting!

He does, however he get the high %

ezrabrooks
04-21-2010, 08:54 AM
I have read this thread, and still don't understand the carry overs... but, wouldn't the $1 players be better off playing ten 10 centers?

Igeteven
04-21-2010, 11:58 AM
I have read this thread, and still don't understand the carry overs... but, wouldn't the $1 players be better off playing ten 10 centers?

I believe, more then 75 percent play the 10 cent super, most of the time, there will be a carryover

shouldacoulda
04-22-2010, 01:40 AM
It sounds like it could work. Or designate 1 race on the card as a $ superfecta carryover. Personally I would like to see a 1$ pick six wager. I think it would bring more players into the mix and increase the pools. Lets face it, handicappers have gotten better, the take outs have gotten larger. Do you really get excited if you play a win bet and it pays 7-9$. People are looking for the larger pay offs in exotic wagers at least I know I am. Playing WPS bets is like watching paint dry.

rastajenk
04-22-2010, 08:12 AM
I believe, more then 75 percent play the 10 cent super, most of the time, there will be a carryover I believe, if I read this thread right, that there will rarely be a carryover, the new gimmick will never get any momentum, and there will be hardly any difference in the pools or the strategies or anything, and after a short while, track execs will say, WTF were we thinking? Just my humble opining.

Igeteven
04-22-2010, 11:45 PM
I believe, if I read this thread right, that there will rarely be a carryover, the new gimmick will never get any momentum, and there will be hardly any difference in the pools or the strategies or anything, and after a short while, track execs will say, WTF were we thinking? Just my humble opining.

I did submit the final plan of the bet, I don't know too many people play 1 dollar supers in full fields, however, one can clean up with a hit, but the 10 cent player will be right behind him to cash in.

It in the hands of Santa Anita Management now,