PDA

View Full Version : Latest Derby poll, TB times

jognlope
04-19-2010, 01:45 PM
They have dosage, videos, all that stuff too.
1. Eskendereya
2. Lookin At Lucky
3. Sidney's Candy
4. Ice Box
5. Awesome Act
6. Super Saver
7. Dublin
8. Endorsement
9. American Lion
10. Mission Impazible
11. Jackson Bend
12. Line of David
13. Rule
14. Setsuko
15. Stately Victor
16. Conveyance
17. Odysseus
18. Discreetly Mine
19. Noble's Promise
20. Caracortado

MNslappy
04-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Jackson Bend should be higher than #11.

jognlope
04-19-2010, 02:23 PM
I dont' know anything about stats and all that, or even the contenders this year, but I would think also Line of David with distance might be up a little more, maybe put in an exotic.

PhantomOnTour
04-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Jackson Bend should be higher than #11.
Indeed, if not for Esky he would have a lifetime record of 9:7-2-0. As it stands he is 9:5-4-0 and is a game sonofagun. Not getting his due at all.

SmartyLane
04-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Indeed, if not for Esky he would have a lifetime record of 9:7-2-0. As it stands he is 9:5-4-0 and is a game sonofagun. Not getting his due at all.

Game as they come I agree 100%. Seems like he won't get the distance in his preps but once the "others" come to him he digs in for place money. Hard for me to think an added 1/8th he can do that. I really like him though.

OFFandRUNNING10
04-19-2010, 10:22 PM
I would have to disagree here. I think Jackson Bend around #11 is about the right spot. He really hasn't showed me a whole lot to think he is going to be a major factor on derby day. To me it seems he has had absolutely ideal position in each of his races... which is going to be tough to match on derby day. I dont think he is going to be able to sit about a length or so off the leaders like he typically likes to. By the looks of it he is probably going to be running mid pack and is going to have to deal with some traffic unless he wants to push hard early which I think would kill him. He isn't one to really pass horses. He can grind it out but I don't think that is going to work for him well in this derby. I am also not crazy about him going another 1/8 mile. I don't know...I see less upside in him compared to other horses... Just my opinion but I think # 11 is a fair spot for him.

WinterTriangle
04-20-2010, 02:12 AM
Strange, they put in Odysseus but not Interactif who is still on the fence and they left out Dean's Kitten who has a berth.:confused:

WinterTriangle
04-21-2010, 06:03 AM
Looks like there won't be enough defections for Setsuko to get in. Too bad. :(

Like Summer Bird, this one will get better as the distance gets longer. Hope he runs in the Belmont, if he does, I'll be on him.

OFFandRUNNING10
04-21-2010, 10:11 AM
I am disappointed that he will not get in as well. Unfortunately, the cards did not play into his hand this year. I think he would have been a major factor derby day. Originally it looked like many people weren't really onto this horse. However, as derby day is approaching, more and more people are talking about him.

I definitely think they will aim for the belmont with him (assuming health and all is in place). Unfortunately, I do not think he will be near as favorable of a price come that time. I am looking foward to seeing him run again though...whenever that might be.