PDA

View Full Version : atlantic city to race 2 days in the fall?????

Cubbymac26
04-19-2010, 12:31 AM
was reading an article in the press of atlantic city about todays opener at atlantic city...the article basically the same year after year stating how we want to race more but cant afford it

later in the article it stated that there is a small chance that they may race 1 or 2 days in the fall...i sure hope they do but how can they get dates if the racing commission didnt say they had them??????

the article also states that they want to to run 2 15 day meets bookending mth....would love to see it happen... the whole story around acrc just amazes me im mad i wasnt around in its heyday

im just looking for comments on the 2 "possible fall dates"

OTM Al
04-19-2010, 09:05 AM
That would possibly be one plan due to the fact that there has been talk of ending the Meadowlands T-bred meet.

DSB
04-19-2010, 09:29 AM
I will believe it when I see it.

Every indication this outfit has given is that it doesn't want to race any live dates.

This, along with the "two 15 day meets" could be nothing more than lip service. Horsemen in the state have been clammoring for Aycee to step up and race like they are supposed to, but to date the most they can get out of them is 6-8 days a year.

A recent article in an Atl newspaper quoted the head honcho at the track as saying that they are "saving one of their OTW licenses to use at the track in case they stop live racing".... well I have news for her.... the horsemen in the state WILL NOT allow that.... if they want to rake in simulcasting money all year, they are going to have to race some... even if it is minimal.

castaway01
04-19-2010, 02:48 PM
was reading an article in the press of atlantic city about todays opener at atlantic city...the article basically the same year after year stating how we want to race more but cant afford it

later in the article it stated that there is a small chance that they may race 1 or 2 days in the fall...i sure hope they do but how can they get dates if the racing commission didnt say they had them??????

the article also states that they want to to run 2 15 day meets bookending mth....would love to see it happen... the whole story around acrc just amazes me im mad i wasnt around in its heyday

im just looking for comments on the 2 "possible fall dates"

I have no idea if they'll run 2 days in the fall, but anyone who has followed the actions of ACRC's owners knows they idea they WANT to run two 15-day meets is ludicrous. They'd love to run zero days, and run as few as possible to keep anyone wanting to pull their simo license quiet.

InTheRiver68
04-19-2010, 05:22 PM
A 2-day meet sounds like it's going to be a steeplechase meet.

- InTheRiver68

Thomas Roulston
04-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Don't know why they can't run some dirt races.

OTM Al
04-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Don't know why they can't run some dirt races.

That would be because it hasn't been maintained in about 10 years and is full of rocks. It would take quite a bit of money to refurbish the dirt track.

onefast99
04-20-2010, 03:23 PM
That would be because it hasn't been maintained in about 10 years and is full of rocks. It would take quite a bit of money to refurbish the dirt track.
The dirt track is beyond repair. They would need to dig out the entire drainage system and replace it as it isn't operable so just adding top soil will be a waste of money. I don't know if the owners have any available funds to do this, but just the though of having dirt at AC brings back great memories of that track.

JohnGalt1
04-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Because I love turf racing, and I'm going to be at Canterbury Thursday, I thought I'd handicap the card.

The betting is really old school.

Only 6 races.

One daily double.

No pick 3, 4, or 6.

Only one superfecta.

All money wagered will be compressed into just a few pools.

I'm mostly a win better so I think it will be interesting.