PDA

View Full Version : Have shoes worth this much?

Foolish Pleasure
04-18-2010, 03:34 PM
http://www.t-r-c.com/MISC.%20ITEMS/67.jpg

The guy is only asking for $1600.:D

breezing
04-18-2010, 03:50 PM
time will tell.

HuggingTheRail
04-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Seeing "$1600" and "shoes" in the same sentence reminds me of my ex-wife...

Hanover1
04-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Scams abound of this genre....Seems the grab would be worn more before a new shoe applied. Horses for the most part are best on shoes worn in a few days after application, and are not changed quite that often, so as to preserve walls of hoof from constant nail puncturing/removing.
There is a guy on eBay right now selling "chunks" of aluminum, claiming they are from Secretariats shoes, pulled at Hialeah, and offers a COA with them. His feedback is rife with claims of fraud, yet eBay eats up commissions with little interference on these deals.
Some people have more money than common sense, however.......

JustRalph
04-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Seeing "$1600" and "shoes" in the same sentence reminds me of my ex-wife...
:lol: :lol:

joanied
04-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Scams abound of this genre....Seems the grab would be worn more before a new shoe applied. Horses for the most part are best on shoes worn in a few days after application, and are not changed quite that often, so as to preserve walls of hoof from constant nail puncturing/removing.
There is a guy on eBay right now selling "chunks" of aluminum, claiming they are from Secretariats shoes, pulled at Hialeah, and offers a COA with them. His feedback is rife with claims of fraud, yet eBay eats up commissions with little interference on these deals.

Someone had pointed me towards this shoe because I knew Foolish well, and his last owners are friends of mine...it could be a scam...it does look awful new to have been worn by him...but...Foolish had horrible feet, so there is an excellent chance that his shoes were changed more often than the norm...
I'd sure love to own it if it's for real...I could have gotten a shoe from him, just never thought about it while he was still alive...anyway...doubt someone will come up with that kind of money for it.

Foolish Pleasure
04-19-2010, 12:48 PM
I think he ought to give me back my shoes for free to be honest with you people.

joanied
04-19-2010, 12:56 PM
I think he ought to give me back my shoes for free to be honest with you people.

:D .... ya know somethin'...I was going to use his name as my user name until I saw you already had it :) ...I still miss him:faint:

Foolish Pleasure
04-19-2010, 01:09 PM
Me too.
I have some collectables from him that I got back in the day,
I would never trust anything from him today unless I knew the seller personally.

One thing I adore abt the internet is being able to bring them back to life one more time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukkK03tUKFc

Igeteven
04-19-2010, 01:17 PM
It's only what ever they buyer is willing to pay for it.

nothing more

joanied
04-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Me too.
I have some collectables from him that I got back in the day,
I would never trust anything from him today unless I knew the seller personally.

One thing I adore abt the internet is being able to bring them back to life one more time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukkK03tUKFc

I had several things from him, but when my friends got him I gave everything to them...they were so in love with Foolish, and at the time, we figured he'd live a lot longer than he did...he's buried on their ranch here in WY. He was an extremely happy horse once he got to Wyoming...he got the best of everything and was loved on everyday.

Oh, that Derby call still pisses me off to this day...why was it his Derby that got the only screwed up call in the history of the race :mad:

slewis
04-19-2010, 01:53 PM

I do agree about the scam possibles...but that shoe looks worn to me..as you know hanover...the shoe in the picture is a REAR shoe, and rear shoes wear a bit slower than front.

slewis
04-19-2010, 01:56 PM
Someone had pointed me towards this shoe because I knew Foolish well, and his last owners are friends of mine...it could be a scam...it does look awful new to have been worn by him...but...Foolish had horrible feet, so there is an excellent chance that his shoes were changed more often than the norm...
I'd sure love to own it if it's for real...I could have gotten a shoe from him, just never thought about it while he was still alive...anyway...doubt someone will come up with that kind of money for it.

Joanied...all that fresh air is getting to your logic....

If he had bad feet they'd be trying NOT to change his shoes often.

You need to come back to Brooklyn...you know..to recharge the batteries.;)

joanied
04-19-2010, 02:35 PM

Hmmmmm...ya know, you are right about that...shame on me, I know better:blush: ...but there is no IF about it, slewis...his feet were a problem all his life...even at stud. I can't recall now which race it was...too much fresh air:D ...he tore the frogs right off...it was in Florida. If not for his feet, no telling what he coulda done besides what he did do...

I could use a good recharge, and no place better than my beloved Brooklyn:ThmbUp:

Hanover1
04-19-2010, 04:00 PM

I agree......Bad feet = special applications, not more of them.......

Hanover1
04-19-2010, 04:02 PM
I do agree about the scam possibles...but that shoe looks worn to me..as you know hanover...the shoe in the picture is a REAR shoe, and rear shoes wear a bit slower than front.
I have looked at thousands of shoes in my lifetime, and this shoe in particular ( I never used toe grabs in the rear either...) is suspect.