PDA

View Full Version : This is exactly what I mean about Ramon Dominguez

cees with dees
04-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Put him on a 1/5 shot like Wild Awake and he rides him like he's a hundred lengths the best instead of saving ground thoughout the last turn and having the best chance.
I hope he and Andy Serling who both suck find an island where they can worship each other's lack of productivity.
And yes, this IS sour grapes from going down time after time on Dominguez odds on favorites when everyone praises how superior he is.
He is a fine rider. About the same as the other 90% of population of the NY jockey colony.
Ben

HUSKER55
04-18-2010, 02:48 PM
that is when I bet against him

Robert Goren
04-18-2010, 02:51 PM
If there was ever a horse in need of a race it was Wild Awake. No horse coming off a 5 month lay off ever out to be 1/2. As we all learned not even RA. JMO

broadreach
04-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Andy said before the race he would bet against Wide Awake for several reasons.

NTamm1215
04-18-2010, 02:53 PM
I hope he and Andy Serling who both suck find an island where they can worship each other's lack of productivity.

If they're allowed to take all of the money Ramon's made despite his lack of productivity they should have a great time.

How are you supposed to come off as anything but a nincompoop when you highlight a bad ride the guy gave on a horse who has had HUGE problems with winning? And to boot you insult someone because you have a difference in opinion.

NT

johnhannibalsmith
04-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Why are we instigating yet another unnecessary negative thread that offers absolutely nothing but a chance for a renewal of the same trivial little personal battles?

Gosh, I enjoy reading good natured discussions and debates about riders, but this one just launches directly into an attack.

Come on. I understand Andy gets under your skin, but why call on him to do so immediately if it bothers you so?

formula_2002
04-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Put him on a 1/5 shot like Wild Awake and he rides him like he's a hundred lengths the best instead of saving ground thoughout the last turn and having the best chance.
And yes, this IS sour grapes from going down time after time on Dominguez odds on favorites when everyone praises how superior he is.
He is a fine rider. About the same as the other 90% of population of the NY jockey colony.Ben

win % wise, not recently.
http://www.nyra.com/Aqueduct/Handicapping/Statistics/LeadingTrainers.pdf

gm10
04-18-2010, 03:13 PM
He is a fine rider. About the same as the other 90% of population of the NY jockey colony.
Ben

He didn't do much wrong imo. Him and Cohen aren't geniuses but still miles clear of the other jock's at AQU.

Hanover1
04-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Last I checked, you DO ride a 1-5 shot like he's the best......And last I checked, most punters scoff at a 1-5 shot as a value play after a long layoff :lol:

PaceAdvantage
04-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Andy said before the race he would bet against Wide Awake for several reasons.Why should CWD let the facts get in the way of his crazy rants?

He, like a few others here, have "Serling on the Brain" disease. They're obsessed with the guy for whatever reason...

I mean, if you're going to slap the "SUCKS" label on any public handicapper, Andy Serling would be way at the bottom of most level-headed horseplayer's list.

But, jealousy tends to cloud even the most rational person's judgement, so you can imagine what it might do to a guy like CWD. :eek:

ranchwest
04-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Why should CWD let the facts get in the way of his crazy rants?

He, like a few others here, have "Serling on the Brain" disease. They're obsessed with the guy for whatever reason...

I mean, if you're going to slap the "SUCKS" label on any public handicapper, Andy Serling would be way at the bottom of most level-headed horseplayer's list.

But, jealousy tends to cloud even the most rational person's judgement, so you can imagine what it might do to a guy like CWD. :eek:

Yeah, but when you bet a 1/5 layoff horse, don't you need someone other than yourself to blame? :lol: :lol: :lol:

exiles
04-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Andy said before the race he would bet against Wide Awake for several reasons.

Andy doesn't know @@@##$$T,Dominguez rides the best horse by a lot in every race at AQU the jockeys he is riding against shouldn't be allowed to ride in mule races, yet he still manages to give bad rides to the majority of the horses he rides,he only wins a lot of races because 1-- he is riding the best horse and 2--he is riding against incompetent jockeys, look at the 5th race, see how how the mule riders gave him the inside, all the good jocks are retired,now you have a bunch stall muckers mascarading as jockeys.

the little guy
04-18-2010, 09:46 PM
We all knew it was just a matter of time before Cees with Dees had another one of his meltdowns.

Perhaps he should follow my Twitter site where I made the following tweet about a half an hour before today's 4th race....

All self-respecting horseplayers should be playing against heavily favored Wild Awake in the 4th.

Relwob Owner
04-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Ben

This thread brings up many questions for me....

1. You were let down by a jockey not performing on a 1 to 5 shot and you mention being let down by RD time after time on odds on horses....do you make it a habit of always betting favorites? If he sucks so much, seems like you would have a great angle at your disposal in terms of beating odds on horses he rides.

2. Serling likes RD....other than that, how does RD sucking relate with Serling, aside from the obvious vendetta you have?

3. Didnt you have a melodramatic thread a few weeks ago saying you werent posting anymore? Did you have a change of heart?

4. What is the point of starting a thread like this?

Just curious.....

PaceAdvantage
04-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Andy doesn't know @@@##$$TWhy should we put any stock in your opinion, when you follow it up with this nonsense:yet he still manages to give bad rides to the majority of the horses he ridesMust be a full moon tonight...

Monty Capuletti
04-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Perhaps he should follow my Twitter site where I made the following tweet about a half an hour before today's 4th race....

All self-respecting horseplayers should be playing against heavily favored Wild Awake in the 4th.

Ouch...

Hammerhead
04-18-2010, 11:12 PM
Good evening Folks.

Has anyone taken into the equasion that the animal in question may have not been up to his game today? Not feed correctly? Yelled at? Smacked for not obeying the idiot that is suppose to care for him? Animals are not human but do have feelings instilled on them by egotistical humans that feel they should perform to the standards that they impose. Lets face it folks if you failed 1st grade your parents gave you the riot act. These animals are given the same treatment.
\
In some races horse are made to run to fill a field. Failing to make a showing they are beat, hoping to instill a winning atitude. They do not understand this. I know because I have 42 animals that jerks could not control, and 6 ferral cats that only come or sleep with me. 3 are horses 4 goats 1 had his horns wacked off, and as of yesterday had a offer for a retired race horse up for uthinazation. (can't spell that) I only have 3 stalls so that is out plus I have a dominate male makes it worse

These are living breathing animals with tremendous feelings and heart. They have a love for life and almost any diverse insult to there feelings can be detremental to there running ability. Know you trainer. Visit there tracks.

Just because I'm 1-5 don"t mean I can run to it today.

By the way most if not all love the night. Any distraction could send them out for a midnight snack which since I am up will give the boys some hay, and the goats will be with them. Means bunny and Mr Duck also.
Later

Monty Capuletti
04-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Good evening Folks.

Has anyone taken into the equasion that the animal in question may have not been up to his game today? Not feed correctly? Yelled at? Smacked for not obeying the idiot that is suppose to care for him? Animals are not human but do have feelings instilled on them by egotistical humans that feel they should perform to the standards that they impose. Lets face it folks if you failed 1st grade your parents gave you the riot act. These animals are given the same treatment.
\
In some races horse are made to run to fill a field. Failing to make a showing they are beat, hoping to instill a winning atitude. They do not understand this. I know because I have 42 animals that jerks could not control, and 6 ferral cats that only come or sleep with me. 3 are horses 4 goats 1 had his horns wacked off, and as of yesterday had a offer for a retired race horse up for uthinazation. (can't spell that) I only have 3 stalls so that is out plus I have a dominate male makes it worse

These are living breathing animals with tremendous feelings and heart. They have a love for life and almost any diverse insult to there feelings can be detremental to there running ability. Know you trainer. Visit there tracks.

Just because I'm 1-5 don"t mean I can run to it today.

By the way most if not all love the night. Any distraction could send them out for a midnight snack which since I am up will give the boys some hay, and the goats will be with them. Means bunny and Mr Duck also.
Later

You had me at "ferral cats".

BreadandButter
04-19-2010, 01:59 AM

Andy - I didn't see your tweet, but I did thankfully hear you on the pre-race show. That race made my day. Thank you.

WinterTriangle
04-19-2010, 02:44 AM
I know because I have 42 animals that jerks could not control

Seen a lot of great animals ruined by people when I was doing dog rescue.

Kudos to you for giving them a 2nd chance.

kenwoodallpromos
04-19-2010, 03:11 AM
Yes, TLG discounted RD's mount. I find the chart interesting in that 5 horses raced April 3, only 1 of those gained ground (placed) and 3 lost ground. The 5th April 3rder stayed in 8th the entire race. Win and Show horses had not run since Oct and Jan. The horse that raced March 25 did not finish ITM either. Perhaps the crowd just wanted to stay away from horses that had not been rested for at least 1 month!

kenwoodallpromos
04-19-2010, 03:25 AM
The horse finishes within 2+ lengths but has not won in last 8 tries, all ITM, 4 different riders; Stuck in traffic with 3 different experienced riders, swung wide with others besides RD. IMHO, this horse is simply a herd follower with no interest in winning!

gales0678
04-19-2010, 07:41 AM
ramon is going to need to improve on his 1/38 in the tc's and breeeder cup races to move into any type of great rider status

those are the days that count as far as legacy and 3% does not get it done

slewis
04-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Ben

If you're gonna complain about any of Ramon's rides yesterday, you'd be looking a lot more intelligent ranting about his ride in the 1st race when he was clearly on a very live horse and decided to "stay and pray" as opposed to what Johnny V. did who stedied to the outside and got the win.

Barclay's filly, from my observations and database, had not matured a whisker from what I saw in the fall of her 3 yr old year.

I'll catch her at Belmont later this spring/summer.

ranchwest
04-19-2010, 09:27 AM
This thread brings up many questions for me....

1. You were let down by a jockey not performing on a 1 to 5 shot and you mention being let down by RD time after time on odds on horses....do you make it a habit of always betting favorites? If he sucks so much, seems like you would have a great angle at your disposal in terms of beating odds on horses he rides.

2. Serling likes RD....other than that, how does RD sucking relate with Serling, aside from the obvious vendetta you have?

3. Didnt you have a melodramatic thread a few weeks ago saying you werent posting anymore? Did you have a change of heart?

4. What is the point of starting a thread like this?

Just curious.....

Re: #1: Yep, screw it up once, shame on you (RD). Screw it up twice, shame on me (Cees with Dees). Screw it up a bunch of times and I (CWD) probably shouldn't talk about it. :lol:

eastie
04-19-2010, 10:55 AM
ramon is going to need to improve on his 1/38 in the tc's and breeeder cup races to move into any type of great rider status

those are the days that count as far as legacy and 3% does not get it done

While I think Ramon is a great rider, you make a really good point.

big frank
04-19-2010, 04:09 PM

those are the days that count as far as legacy and 3% does not get it done It took Bobby Frankel a long time before he won a breeders cup race and Todd Pletcher hasnt done that well in the derby either... Does that make them just another trainer ?? Dominguez is one of the best,, if not the best rider in the country !

JustRalph
04-19-2010, 04:42 PM
I don't even pay attention to what he is on anymore...........unless it is a pickup mount and I can't remember the last time that happen......

Riders are about the last thing I look at..........although I have a rule of almost never betting a rider that is under 10%, but it is hard to keep that rule sometimes at small tracks

castaway01
04-19-2010, 04:45 PM
While I think Ramon is a great rider, you make a really good point.

The point about a Breeders Cup record might make some sense with trainers, but what does it really say about riders? Ramon has only been a "big name" in NY for a short time, so do you really think he was riding a ton of favored Breeders Cup mounts and losing on all of them? If you show me where he rode 10 favorites and lost on all of them, then get back to me, otherwise it's a silly point in a silly thread.

DeanT
04-19-2010, 05:06 PM
RA's AQU mounts, by odds rank.

SQL: SELECT * FROM STARTERHISTORY
WHERE TRACK = 'AQU'
AND RIDER = 'DOMINGUEZ RAMON A.'

Data Summary Win Place Show
Mutuel Totals 532.60 586.70 605.80
Bet -648.00 -648.00 -648.00
Gain -115.40 -61.30 -42.20

Wins 98 175 223
Plays 324 324 324
PCT .3025 .5401 .6883

ROI 0.8219 0.9054 0.9349
Avg Mut 5.43 3.35 2.72

By: Odds Rank

Rank Gain Bet Roi Wins Plays Pct Impact
1 -62.80 324.00 0.8062 63 162 .3889 1.2857
2 40.20 160.00 1.2513 28 80 .3500 1.1571
3 -10.80 82.00 0.8683 7 41 .1707 0.5645
4 -48.00 48.00 0.0000 0 24 .0000 0.0000
5 -12.00 12.00 0.0000 0 6 .0000 0.0000
6 -16.00 16.00 0.0000 0 8 .0000 0.0000
7 -4.00 4.00 0.0000 0 2 .0000 0.0000
8 -2.00 2.00 0.0000 0 1 .0000 0.0000
9 0.00 0.00 0.0000 0 0 .0000 0.0000

InsideThePylons-MW
04-19-2010, 05:07 PM
He would have won the Preakness if it wasn't for Afleet Alex's miraculous recovery.

Light
04-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Ben

I dont think there was anything wrong with RD's ride. The horse just didn't have it off a 6 month layoff. And if you did some handicapping you would see that the winner had better credentials than Wild Awake.

Your problem is what I talked about previously in the selections forum. You have this "nothing to beat here" mentality in alot of races which results in picking alot of false favorites. You also say you are a professional player for the last 10 years. You say you play who you like regardless of odds. Yet the mathematics of playing alot of heavy chalk as you do, says the risk/reward factor is not only poor,but almost impossible to make money on for the common man.Earning a living from playing alot of these types (in any kind of bet), for a professional, would be out of the question.

hoovesupsideyourhe
04-19-2010, 05:34 PM
nice job andy..gales and cees who won more riding titles of all the new york jocks in a calender year.

thespaah
04-19-2010, 06:30 PM
We all knew it was just a matter of time before Cees with Dees had another one of his meltdowns.

All self-respecting horseplayers should be playing against heavily favored Wild Awake in the 4th.Freakin unbelieveable. First off, any reasonable handicapper knows to stay clear of weak favorites. We know what quailfies as a weak favorite.
The galling aspect of this is a person calling himself a handicapper violated this cardinal rule then has the nerve to blame not one but two people, neither of which had any "fault" for him losing his money. And that is even after your comment urging those betting this race choose other horses on which to wager..
Jeez...Of all the nerve. :bang:

slew101
04-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Loved that Scrappy T!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xtuD9Qu_t8

He would have won the Preakness if it wasn't for Afleet Alex's miraculous recovery.

exiles
04-19-2010, 07:41 PM
It ?? Dominguez is one of the best,, if not the best rider in the country !

Dominguez,will still be the best rider at DEL if the big boys were still riding in NY, now he is riding against the over the hill JVand PRADO, and a bunch of stall muckers masquerading as jockeys.

NTamm1215
04-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Dominguez,will still be the best rider at DEL if the big boys were still riding in NY, now he is riding against the over the hill JVand PRADO, and a bunch of stall muckers masquerading as jockeys.

Did you post this in the hope someone would reply to you this time?

NT

PaceAdvantage
04-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Did you post this in the hope someone would reply to you this time?

NTMaybe he thinks he's on universal ignore and was just testing... :lol:

The sound of one hand clapping....

kenwoodallpromos
04-19-2010, 08:35 PM
So are you sayiong a AQ RD beats the takeout for place and show and is about even as to win ROI?

DeanT
04-19-2010, 08:53 PM
So are you sayiong a AQ RD beats the takeout for place and show and is about even as to win ROI?

That says he is 0.80 ROI with chalk, and 1.25 ROI with second choices. I dont have the post in front of me, but he is yet to win when he is third choice on the board or higher, I think.

I have done some more digging on him, running some stats. From what I can tell from that digging, he is a very fine rider (imo).

ranchwest
04-19-2010, 08:57 PM
That says he is 0.80 ROI with chalk, and 1.25 ROI with second choices. I dont have the post in front of me, but he is yet to win when he is third choice on the board or higher, I think.

I have done some more digging on him, running some stats. From what I can tell from that digging, he is a very fine rider (imo).

Anyone remember Ronald Ardoin?

shouldacoulda
04-20-2010, 12:58 AM
I have been let down by Ramone myself a few times. I have also been let down by almost every other jockey at one point in time it would seem. Do guys like Cohen, Dominguez choke or not seem to try hard enough. Yeah, when he is "your" losing bet. Bottom line is we aren't the ones riding the horse and their numbers do speak for themselves. I wouldn't play a 1/5 shot off a 5 month layoff :bang: but might throw him in a pick six because of the "Dominguez factor" but would not single him. How many times have you also seen guys like Cohen and Dominguez bring home winners that you would not look at twice and blow up your plan? Even if their win % was 99% there's still that 1 chance he could lose.
As far as Andy Serling goes he's okay in my book. I don't know how anybody else would do if they were constantly held up the scrutiny that he gets. I also don't know many handicappers that would play a horse just because someone else likes him.

eastie
04-20-2010, 02:21 AM
Anyone remember Ronald Ardoin?

I remember him. he came up to Suffolk with some big outfit from down south somewhere. I think they threw them both out shortly thereafter. he did ride nothing but chalk though.

stuball
04-20-2010, 08:52 AM
WHERE RIDER = 'DOMINGUEZ RAMON A.'
AND ODDS <= .40

Data Summary Win Place Show
Mutuel Totals 86.00 94.20 90.40

Bet -96.00 -96.00 -96.00
Gain -10.00 -1.80 -5.60

Wins 33 42 43
Plays 48 48 48
PCT .6875 .8750 .8958

ROI 0.8958 0.9812 0.9417