PDA

View Full Version : 'Spare me the outrage, you know how it ends' (goldman sachs)

ElKabong
04-18-2010, 01:31 PM
i can't argue...they've bought out the brainless piece of whore meat in the white house.

http://www.businessinsider.com/spare-me-the-sudden-outrage-what-goldman-did-is-nothing-new-2010-4?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+clusterstock+(ClusterStock)

Do me a favor...spare me the faux-populism and the sudden bouts of outrage, this garbage CDO factory stuff has been very widely known for a long time. When was Zuckerman's Greatest Trade Ever book published? Last year. When did the New York Times start telling this story? January.

Now you're angry? Now you're outraged?

Here's how it will all end for those unfamiliar with the process:

1. Goldman will hire the best lawyers in the history of the universe, making OJ's Dream Team look like Ally McBeal.

2. They will make public statements about their "vigorous defense" while negotiating a settlement that will involve a large check and quite possibly the sacrifice of "Fabulous" Fabrice Tourre.

3. Upon the writing of this check, Goldman will admit no wrongdoing and the White House will claim victory.

4. Not one of you will be safer, more employed or in better shape as a result of any of this.

5. The lawyers and PR reps involved in the case will buy Maseratis and vacation homes. Lots of them.

6. Fabrice Tourre will be running his own hedge fund within 3 years.

7. Everyone connected to this case will still have more money in the bank, in real estate and in investments than you could ever dream of.

8. The sun will come up the next day, you will go to work, then pick up your kid at Karate, then pay the utility bill.

That's it, folks. Let's not pretend otherwise

boxcar
04-18-2010, 01:53 PM
The WH, I believe, has already declared another "crisis" (which they love and won't let go to waste) and the Finance/Banking Industry reform bill is very, very high on BO's agenda because they want to get that passed before the November elections, as the WH would, then, have legal ways to punish any corporation who doesn't tow the party line.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
04-18-2010, 02:04 PM
i can't argue...they've bought out the brainless piece of whore meat in the white house.

http://www.businessinsider.com/spare-me-the-sudden-outrage-what-goldman-did-is-nothing-new-2010-4?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+clusterstock+(ClusterStock)

Do me a favor...spare me the faux-populism and the sudden bouts of outrage, this garbage CDO factory stuff has been very widely known for a long time. When was Zuckerman's Greatest Trade Ever book published? Last year. When did the New York Times start telling this story? January.

Now you're angry? Now you're outraged?

Here's how it will all end for those unfamiliar with the process:

1. Goldman will hire the best lawyers in the history of the universe, making OJ's Dream Team look like Ally McBeal.

2. They will make public statements about their "vigorous defense" while negotiating a settlement that will involve a large check and quite possibly the sacrifice of "Fabulous" Fabrice Tourre.

3. Upon the writing of this check, Goldman will admit no wrongdoing and the White House will claim victory.

4. Not one of you will be safer, more employed or in better shape as a result of any of this.

5. The lawyers and PR reps involved in the case will buy Maseratis and vacation homes. Lots of them.

6. Fabrice Tourre will be running his own hedge fund within 3 years.

7. Everyone connected to this case will still have more money in the bank, in real estate and in investments than you could ever dream of.

8. The sun will come up the next day, you will go to work, then pick up your kid at Karate, then pay the utility bill.

That's it, folks. Let's not pretend otherwiseYou forgot
9. The Republicans will say how the system worked and we don't need any more regulation.

skate
04-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Rotten To The Gore

The parts that i dont understand (well, really i do, but), why point out J. Paulson and GS, how's bout all the others.

AND and and, while they (congress) is 'at it', why were they (congress) not put on the rotisserie for a little grilling?

Previously posted, congress was Well informed by Brooksley Born (fed agent) Well before problems started.

lamboguy
04-18-2010, 02:11 PM
its never the bankers or the politions kids that go overseas to fight our wars, its always someone elses. these bankers and politions are all to lazy to work and to yellow to steal.

its now time for the teaparty to step up to the plate and get ride of all of them. if they don't then you know the true color of the teaparty.

ArlJim78
04-18-2010, 02:14 PM
I do think this is a show trial timed to help push the financial reform bill over the top, which by the way Goldman is supporting. It keeps the focus on the evil wall streeth bankers and off of their culpable accomplices in congress.

boxcar
04-18-2010, 02:43 PM
I do think this is a show trial timed to help push the financial reform bill over the top, which by the way Goldman is supporting. It keeps the focus on the evil wall streeth bankers and off of their culpable accomplices in congress.

To stray a bit off point, your remarks about a "show trial" reminded me of the fact that the Weasel Waxman CANCELED his congressional hearings with AIG, CAT, ATT, Horizons, etc., etc. I guess someone whispered in his ear that he best sweep his self-righteous indignation under the rug with these big corporations because when they made not-so-flattering financial observations about ObamaCare, they were only following SEC rules. Plus, did Waxman really want these companies' execs and accountants to air all the dirty little secrets about ObamaCare in front of the press and cameras -- right before an election to boot!?

Boxcar

RaceBookJoe
04-18-2010, 02:51 PM

Of course this was for show....making a big splash during the market hours to it could have maximum effect. Perfect way to get the people on Obama's side with the overhaul of the financial system. Sad that one of the primary mandates of the SEC was to helpstabilize the markets....this went against that and is another low of this presidents politics. Also remember this is only civil fraud, not criminal...much less serious and will only lead to fines...no big deal for GS. Keep an eye on the chart of GS...they might head down a little bit more, but i am thinking they will rebound just fine...but wont play it until it starts moving back up. rbj

HUSKER55
04-18-2010, 03:11 PM
If BO would grow a set and limit credit card interst to twice prime it would be interesting to see how things would change. All anybody does is pay the banks and they screw us some more.

Am I wrong?

lamboguy
04-18-2010, 04:54 PM
If BO would grow a set and limit credit card interst to twice prime it would be interesting to see how things would change. All anybody does is pay the banks and they screw us some more.

Am I wrong?
even if they went to tripple it wouldn't be that bad. but the truth is these banks have wrecked people. if they could grab the liver out of your body without giving you anesthisa to sell it they would.

boxcar
04-18-2010, 04:57 PM
even if they went to tripple it wouldn't be that bad. but the truth is these banks have wrecked people. if they could grab the liver out of your body without giving you anesthisa to sell it they would.

It's no wonder at all that banks and government get along so well, is it? They have much in common.

Boxcar

riskman
04-18-2010, 05:15 PM
I wonder if GS was shorting their own stock? ( conspiracy abounds) I am sure they had advance knowledge from the SEC on the charges and served in the middle of an expiration Friday with a financial reform bill hanging in the balance.How about people selling April Goldman Sachs puts? Sorry, guys, enjoy working at McDonalds.

So you really believe this is a free and fair market? This announcement couldn’t have been made after market hours? Of course it could have, but then it wouldn’t have made the front page of the papers because it wouldn’t have caused a sell-off.

This whole scenario stinks.

RaceBookJoe
04-18-2010, 06:44 PM
I wonder if GS was shorting their own stock? ( conspiracy abounds) I am sure they had advance knowledge from the SEC on the charges and served in the middle of an expiration Friday with a financial reform bill hanging in the balance.How about people selling April Goldman Sachs puts? Sorry, guys, enjoy working at McDonalds.

So you really believe this is a free and fair market? This announcement couldn’t have been made after market hours? Of course it could have, but then it wouldn’t have made the front page of the papers because it wouldn’t have caused a sell-off.

This whole scenario stinks.

I guarantee that they were...they might not have shorted before the announcement, but if was quick enough to short as i heard the news..I am POSITIVE that they made a bigger score than i did. This coming during market hours was just for show..like said above, this isnt even a criminal charge. rbj

Hammerhead
04-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Gentleman

As far as I can see. They made my investments better by 3 fold. Watch Ford and LIWA. Take a peek

There is a couple more if you paid attention!!

F started a year ago at 1.7 now around 13

Liwa at aroun 7. 5 monthes ago Chinese based company now around 9.5
Beats racing but no fun.

For more excitment Aig 25 Now 39 I am laughing all way to the bank

Another SPY Bought for 108 now 119. Beats a exacta