PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Ranger coming to Tioga

tone3
04-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Found out from a good source that Bruce Ranger from Pompano is coming to Tioga. If true I presume that this would make him one of the favorites at the track.

Hanover1
04-18-2010, 01:22 PM
Found out from a good source that Bruce Ranger from Pompano is coming to Tioga. If true I presume that this would make him one of the favorites at the track.
A favorite based on what? His records at Pompano? He has his work cut out for him........

LottaKash
04-18-2010, 05:14 PM
A favorite based on what? His records at Pompano? He has his work cut out for him........

Hanover, without trying to make this an argument or anything, but it sounds as if you believe that Ranger doesn't know how to rate a horse very well, other than at Pompano....Just like Dave Palone at the Meadows, many believe that Palone is a one track driver as well....

I don't hesitate putting my hard earned kash, on a qualified contender, on either of those two guys, regardless of where they hang their helmet for the nite....

I have been watching them race for years, and they just keep bring-em home...Perhaps they are slowing a bit, but so is John Campbell, but he keeps bringem home too...That is how I see it....

Couldn't hurt the "Tioga" cause any, imo....I believe it will bring some sorely needed new talent at the place...Jimmy Morrill needs to have a worhty rival or two...

best,

Zman179
04-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Ranger's always been dominant on the mile track at Rockingham, and I see him being just as dominant at Tioga. The drivers at Monticello better watch out too.

Hanover1
04-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Hanover, without trying to make this an argument or anything, but it sounds as if you believe that Ranger doesn't know how to rate a horse very well, other than at Pompano....Just like Dave Palone at the Meadows, many believe that Palone is a one track driver as well....

I don't hesitate putting my hard earned kash, on a qualified contender, on either of those two guys, regardless of where they hang their helmet for the nite....

I have been watching them race for years, and they just keep bring-em home...Perhaps they are slowing a bit, but so is John Campbell, but he keeps bringem home too...That is how I see it....

Couldn't hurt the "Tioga" cause any, imo....I believe it will bring some sorely needed new talent at the place...Jimmy Morrill needs to have a worhty rival or two...

best,
Its not a knock on his abilities as a driver, but more of a comment on his ability to meld with that tightly knit clique of drivers and owners with preferences already set.

Hanover1
04-18-2010, 10:02 PM
Ranger's always been dominant on the mile track at Rockingham, and I see him being just as dominant at Tioga. The drivers at Monticello better watch out too.
Outside of Buchard up in Monticello, he should be fine.....

LottaKash
04-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Its not a knock on his abilities as a driver, but more of a comment on his ability to meld with that tightly knit clique of drivers and owners with preferences already set.

Gotcha on that note... In fact, I hadn't considered that at all...

As I see it tho, smart trainers wil know what to do with Bruce, I think......Clicks or not...B/L is $$$, don't you think ?

best,

Hanover1
04-19-2010, 04:38 AM
Gotcha on that note... In fact, I hadn't considered that at all...

As I see it tho, smart trainers wil know what to do with Bruce, I think......Clicks or not...B/L is $$$, don't you think ?

best,
I used to race NY/PA curcuit.......

tone3
04-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Their should be enough Pompano trainers coming up to Tioga to keep him busy at first. Deters and Bernardo being a few.
If and when he starts winning the more drives he will have.
Phil Fluet I believe will give him a run for his money. :cool:

Hanover1
04-19-2010, 11:22 PM
He reminds me of, say, a Ross Hayter, or Eddie Davis, Marvin Maker type. Can win a title at any given track, but when the lights shine the brightest, he hopes to just get a check......

LottaKash
04-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Their should be enough Pompano trainers coming up to Tioga to keep him busy at first. Deters and Bernardo being a few.
If and when he starts winning the more drives he will have.
Phil Fluet I believe will give him a run for his money. :cool:

It should make for a "very" more interesting year at TIOGA DOWNS, I am looking forward to it....

best,

LottaKash
04-19-2010, 11:44 PM
I used to race NY/PA curcuit.......

Hanover, I understand what you are saying, and why, but did you have to get up at 4:30am to tell us that, couldn't you have waited til, say 9am...:jump:

best,

Hanover1
04-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Hanover, I understand what you are saying, and why, but did you have to get up at 4:30am to tell us that, couldn't you have waited til, say 9am...:jump:

best,
Fed the stock...had some time ;)