PDA

View Full Version : video cards

HUSKER55
04-18-2010, 08:27 AM
I have a nvidia 7200 graphics card in my computer. Neighbor girl came over and said I have an outdate video card and I need a better one which will improve my tv an simulcast.

Doesn't simulcast depend on the senders signal and not the video card?

Will a better video card help my tv? I know mine is old but a better picture would be nice.

thanks

:)

gregrph
04-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Husker,
If you are satisfied with your video quality other than watching tv, I try to borrow her video card (assuming that it is newer than yous) and try it out on your system. If not, at least see if she will let you watch tv on her system to see if you can tell the difference. Also, bring YOUR monitor and hook it up. There are a number of factors that go into getting a good picture. Does your card have an actual tv tuner or is it internet based video that you are watching (race replays?) If it is internet based video then there may not be much that you can do to improve the quality. If the video does not play smoothly, a newer, faster card with more memory MAY help. Your internet connection can also play a role in the smoothness of the video. Do you have a home network that others are using at the same time? That can eat into your bandwidth and cause hesitations in video playback.
Greg

HUSKER55
04-18-2010, 11:13 AM
i have the haupage tuner and I use cable. the picture is not bad but it is not sharp and clear. Displays in stores are significantly better than mine so that is why I was leaning toward the video card when she mentioned it.. I have 2 new samsung monitors which work great .

My only problem is with tv and simulcast.

I am missing something,..but as usual I don't know what.

Thanks

Hanover1
04-19-2010, 11:06 PM
If others claim a better picture quality it may be your system set-up. Assuming you are both viewing the same signal. Go with a 1G card, and good LCD monitor. Your processor speed must be handy as well- 3Ghz+. Your video streaming software must be current as well.....