PDA

View Full Version : Most Impressive Derby Prep?

only11
04-17-2010, 07:39 PM
All major preps for derby are finished?IYO which one was the most impressive...IMO the Florida Derby was the most impressive..The weakest imo was the Ark derby...
The sleeper prep was the Bluegrass...

Dahoss9698
04-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Wasn't the Wood pretty impressive?

Spalding No!
04-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Wasn't the Wood pretty impressive?

Imagine the first two finishers in the Wood in the same race as the first two finishers in the Florida Derby and then get back to me.

Hypothetically, we'll call this fantasized race the Fountain of Youth.

JustRalph
04-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Ark Derby the weakest ?

I haven't watched em all yet....but that was a pretty stiff race i thought

Valuist
04-18-2010, 12:37 AM
All major preps for derby are finished?IYO which one was the most impressive...IMO the Florida Derby was the most impressive..The weakest imo was the Ark derby...
The sleeper prep was the Bluegrass...

The only sleeper part to the Bluegrass is watching that race on that God-awful surface makes me want to fall asleep.

only11
04-18-2010, 07:38 AM
The only sleeper part to the Bluegrass is watching that race on that God-awful surface makes me want to fall asleep.
:lol: :lol:

MNslappy
04-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Where would you guys rank the Sunland Derby on your list?

keithw84
04-20-2010, 11:29 PM
Imagine the first two finishers in the Wood in the same race as the first two finishers in the Florida Derby and then get back to me.

Hypothetically, we'll call this fantasized race the Fountain of Youth.
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

46zilzal
04-21-2010, 12:36 AM
For the first time in a long time, NONE of them were impressive in the least.

sandpit
04-21-2010, 10:14 AM

Amazingly, I agree in general race terms. However, Lookin At Lucky ran extremely well when he re-rallied in the SA Derby. Nearly every Derby winner in recent memory (MTB is an WAY outlier on this and all future generalizations) has been battle tested pre-Derby. Lucky may not win, but he does have fortitude. Btw, he worked 1:12 flat this morning at CD...sounds like he likes it there okay.

From the DRF this morning: Homeboykris, fresh off the plane from south Florida on Tuesday, wasted little time getting in some serious work over the track when working six furlongs in 1:41.48 for trainer Rick Dutrow, with jockey Julien Leparoux up and owner Joe Torre in attendance.

1:41.48 for six furlongs??? Let's hope that's a typo :confused:

OFFandRUNNING10
04-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Its supposed to be 6f in 1:14.48

RXB
04-22-2010, 12:51 PM

I'm inclined to agree. Some people are hot on Eskendereya but he has literally never seen a legit dirt pace. I think it'll set up for a horse from off the pace, but as to which one might actually get there, I'm rather uncertain. Could be some big numbers in the payouts again.