PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Mr. President

GaryG
04-17-2010, 11:24 AM
This was a great rant....quite timely.

http://www.freedomslighthouse.com/2010/04/rush-limbaugh-thank-you-mr-president.html

DJofSD
04-17-2010, 11:32 AM
http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=10978

boxcar
04-17-2010, 11:40 AM
I don't believe I have ever heard a president of the U.S. address remarks to even his detractors in such arrogant, condescending and belligerent tones. BO surely knows how to alienate people.

Some here have claimed that they don't believe BO is their messiah, but without question quintessential narcissist thinks of himself in those terms!

Boxcar

jballscalls
04-17-2010, 11:50 AM
isn't every president a narcissist? i mean just to have the nerve to believe your capable of running the most powerful nation on earth would lead me to believe that it requires not just confidence, but almost a sincere love of self and narcissism. The fact that tens of millions of people vote for them just accentuates their ego. I mean everyone kissing their tush on the plane and at rallies, and on MSNBC, he's bound to have a huge ego.

I mean Clinton thought he could hose chicks and not get caught cause he was the president, Reagan was an actor for gosh sakes, who are bigger narcissists than them?

i think any leader has to be a bit narcissistic.

boxcar
04-17-2010, 11:57 AM
And one other important item should be noted about BO's arrogance. He wants and expects people to thank HIM for giving THEIR hard-earned money back to them!? :bang: :bang: :bang:

Plus Government largely consists of liars,thieves and cheats, so now the government expects the American people to thank these reprobates for giving some of THEIR stolen money back! :bang: :bang:

Talk about new heights of audacious temerity....!

Boxcar

boxcar
04-17-2010, 12:04 PM
isn't every president a narcissist? i mean just to have the nerve to believe your capable of running the most powerful nation on earth would lead me to believe that it requires not just confidence, but almost a sincere love of self and narcissism. The fact that tens of millions of people vote for them just accentuates their ego. I mean everyone kissing their tush on the plane and at rallies, and on MSNBC, he's bound to have a huge ego.

I mean Clinton thought he could hose chicks and not get caught cause he was the president, Reagan was an actor for gosh sakes, who are bigger narcissists than them?

You're dead wrong! The bible has plenty of examples of leaders in Israel who were godly and humble. Moses comes immediately to mind. King David is another, etc.

Furthermore, there has been no president, in my lifetime anyway, anywhere near as arrogant, pompous and condescending as BO. Not even close! If I'm wrong, I'm sure some lib here will produce the YouTube clip to prove otherwise.

Boxcar

illinoisbred
04-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Obama claims to be a student of history with Lincoln being of particular interest. I think he needs to read a little more.

Greyfox
04-17-2010, 12:13 PM

Self confidence and love of self are healthy attributes.

Narcissism is far beyond those realms and is considered to be a serious personality disorder. See --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder
In most instances, a serious "narcissistic injury" in childhood is being compensated for.

boxcar
04-17-2010, 12:18 PM

Narcissism is far beyond those realms and is considered to be a serious personality disorder. See --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder
In most instances, a serious "narcissistic injury" in childhood is being compensated for.

If JB had lived in Rome between 54 and 68 A.D., he would have been a huge supporter of Nero.

Boxcar

DJofSD
04-17-2010, 12:18 PM

An insightful read: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Narcissism-Epidemic/Jean-M-Twenge/e/9781416575986/?itm=1&USRI=naracissim

ElKabong
04-17-2010, 12:41 PM
0bama's ridiculing comment of "They should be thanking me" will be his 'let them eat cake' moment. 900,000 + lost their homes thru foreclosure in the first quarter alone.... That comment will ring in their ears the next few years. Many more are going to be foreclosed on in the coming months (some, I used to work with and they have yet to find work & now face financial hardships that will ruin them).

0kaka has made a mistake by thinking the tea party folks are a narrow group, demographically. 'Middle aged angry white folks'.... He's wrong. There are seniors, and kids in their 20s. The socio-economic range of tea party members run the entire scale.

I got your Thanks right here, buddy. It's called a voters registration card.

GaryG
04-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Thank you Mr. President for turning our once great nation into a combination of France and Venezuela.

ArlJim78
04-17-2010, 12:52 PM
hundreds of thousands of decent hard working taxpayers take to the streets to send a message, and this pos responds by mocking them and saying that they should be thanking him?

what a brilliant orator, such a uniter, what a man of the people.

funny i don't remember him deriding the pro-immigration protest, or any of the seiu violent protests.

jballscalls
04-17-2010, 01:25 PM
You're dead wrong! The bible has plenty of examples of leaders in Israel who were godly and humble. Moses comes immediately to mind. King David is another, etc.

Furthermore, there has been no president, in my lifetime anyway, anywhere near as arrogant, pompous and condescending as BO. Not even close! If I'm wrong, I'm sure some lib here will produce the YouTube clip to prove otherwise.

Boxcar

i was speaking more of modern day leaders than those in your good book.

here's an article by a psychiatrist about George W. Bush's narcissitic personality disorder

http://mostlywater.org/an_analysis_of_our_friend_in_d_c

and here is an article on Bill Clinton's narcissitic behaviors.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=6447

i'm telling you they are narcissists!

jballscalls
04-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Thank you Mr. President for turning our once great nation into a combination of France and Venezuela.

one man can't do that. 50 million that voted for him and his ilk like Pelosi are the ones you should thank, he's just the messenger of their wishes, and many of them dont think he's doing enough to turn us into those places. they want socialized medicine, tax the rich 70% and stuff like that

Tom
04-17-2010, 01:28 PM
OBama is the enemy...nver forget that.
Obama, Osama......the enemies.
The differnce, Obama has done more harm.

NJ Stinks
04-17-2010, 01:30 PM
And here I thought this thread was about sincerely thanking the president.

:lol: :lol:

boxcar
04-17-2010, 01:37 PM
one man can't do that. 50 million that voted for him and his ilk like Pelosi are the ones you should thank, he's just the messenger of their wishes, and many of them dont think he's doing enough to turn us into those places. they want socialized medicine, tax the rich 70% and stuff like that

Really? Didn't this one man say that he would fundamentally transform the face of America? So, this one man + his party's two house majorities are doing a great job in bringing this country to its knees.

It's funny how it's somehow impossible for "one man" to cause virtually irreparable harm to this country, yet when good things seem to be happening, this "one man" gets, receives and takes all the credit. Maybe you'd care to explain to us how that works?

Boxcar

boxcar
04-17-2010, 01:39 PM

Only indentured servants like yourself would truly offer up the sacrifice of thanksgiving to this wanna-be god.

Boxcar

boxcar
04-17-2010, 01:41 PM
i was speaking more of modern day leaders than those in your good book.

How has time changed human nature? Would you care to explain that to us?

Boxcar

JustRalph
04-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Nice call Gary

Franceuala sounds about right........ :ThmbUp:

mostpost
04-17-2010, 02:20 PM
As usual, Rush speaks in half truths.
These are the tax credits and reductions
I found in the American Recovery and
Reinvestment Act. (There may be more)
Tax reductions in the Recovery and Reinvestment act.

‘‘SEC. 36A. MAKING WORK PAY CREDIT.
‘‘(a) ALLOWANCE OF CREDIT.—In the case of an eligible individual,
there shall be allowed as a credit against the tax imposed‘by this subtitle for the taxable year an amount equal to the lesser
of—
‘‘(1) 6.2 percent of earned income of the taxpayer, or
‘‘(2) $400 ($800 in the case of a joint return).
‘‘(

SEC. 1002. TEMPORARY INCREASE IN EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT.
‘‘(3) SPECIAL RULES FOR 2009 AND 2010.—In the case of
any taxable year beginning in 2009 or 2010—
‘‘(A) INCREASED CREDIT PERCENTAGE FOR 3 OR MORE
QUALIFYING CHILDREN.—In the case of a taxpayer with
3 or more qualifying children, the credit percentage is
45 percent.
‘‘‘(B) REDUCTION OF MARRIAGE PENALTY.—
‘‘(i) IN GENERAL.—The dollar amount in effect
under paragraph (2)(B) shall be $5,000.
‘‘(ii) INFLATION ADJUSTMENT.—In the case of any

SEC. 1004. AMERICAN OPPORTUNITY TAX CREDIT
‘‘(i) AMERICAN OPPORTUNITY TAX CREDIT.—In the case of any
taxable year beginning in 2009 or 2010—
‘‘(1) INCREASE IN CREDIT.—The Hope Scholarship Credit
shall be an amount equal to the sum of—
‘‘(A) 100 percent of so much of the qualified tuition
and related expenses paid by the taxpayer during the taxable
year (for education furnished to the eligible student
during any academic period beginning in such taxable year)
as does not exceed $2,000, plus
‘‘(B) 25 percent of such expenses so paid as exceeds
$2,000 but does not exceed $4,000.
‘‘(2) CREDIT ALLOWED FOR FIRST 4 YEARS OF POST-SECONDARY
EDUCATION.—Subparagraphs (A) and (C) of subsection
(b)(2) shall be applied by substituting ‘4’ for ‘2’.
‘‘(3) QUALIFIED TUITION AND RELATED EXPENSES TO INCLUDE
REQUIRED COURSE MATERIALS.—Subsection (f)(1)(A) shall be
applied by substituting ‘tuition, fees, and course materials’ for
‘tuition and fees’.
‘‘(4) INCREASE IN AGI LIMITS FOR HOPE SCHOLARSHIP
CREDIT.—
SEC. 1005. COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY AND EQUIPMENT ALLOWED AS
A QUALIFIED HIGHER EDUCATION EXPENSE FOR SECTION
529 ACCOUNTS IN 2009 AND 2010.

SEC. 1006. EXTENSION OF AND INCREASE IN FIRST-TIME HOMEBUYER
CREDIT; WAIVER OF REQUIREMENT TO REPAY.

SEC. 1007. SUSPENSION OF TAX ON PORTION OF UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION
nning in 2009, gross income shall not include so much of the
unemployment compensation received by an individual as does not exceeed $2400
.SEC. 1008. ADDITIONAL DEDUCTION FOR STATE SALES TAX AND
EXCISE TAX ON THE PURCHASE OF CERTAIN MOTOR vehicles

SEC. 1012. EXTENSION OF INCREASED ALTERNATIVE MINIMUM TAX
EXEMPTION AMOUNT.
(a) IN GENERAL.—Paragraph (1) of section 55(d) (relating to
exemption amount) is amended—
(1) by striking ‘‘($69,950 in the case of taxable years beginning
in 2008)’’ in subparagraph (A) and inserting ‘‘($70,950
in the case of taxable years beginning in 2009)’’, and
(2) by striking ‘‘($46,200 in the case of taxable years beginning
in 2008)’’ in subparagraph (B) and inserting ‘‘($46,700
in the case of taxable years beginning in 2009)’’.
(b) EFFECTIVE DATE.—The amendments made by this section
shall apply to taxable years beginning after December 31, 2008.

These reductions affected the people who most needed help during the recession which, need I remind you, began during the Bush Administration.

There was no reduction in tax rates. And in my opinion there should not be.
There should be an increase with the largest increase going to those who are making the most and no increase going to those who make the least.

I,personally, am retired and on a fixed income, but I am willing to endure an increase in my taxes to solve the problems caused by thirty years of Republican mismanagement and incompetence. I expect those who are better off than me to do their share.

boxcar
04-17-2010, 02:35 PM
As usual, Rush speaks in half truths.
These are the tax credits and reductions
I found in the American Recovery and
Reinvestment Act. (There may be more)
Tax reductions in the Recovery and Reinvestment act.

‘‘SEC. 36A. MAKING WORK PAY CREDIT.
‘‘(a) ALLOWANCE OF CREDIT.—In the case of an eligible individual,
there shall be allowed as a credit against the tax imposed‘by this subtitle for the taxable year an amount equal to the lesser
of—
‘‘(1) 6.2 percent of earned income of the taxpayer, or
‘‘(2) $400 ($800 in the case of a joint return).
‘‘(

SEC. 1002. TEMPORARY INCREASE IN EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT.
‘‘(3) SPECIAL RULES FOR 2009 AND 2010.—In the case of
any taxable year beginning in 2009 or 2010—
‘‘(A) INCREASED CREDIT PERCENTAGE FOR 3 OR MORE
QUALIFYING CHILDREN.—In the case of a taxpayer with
3 or more qualifying children, the credit percentage is
45 percent.
‘‘‘(B) REDUCTION OF MARRIAGE PENALTY.—
‘‘(i) IN GENERAL.—The dollar amount in effect
under paragraph (2)(B) shall be $5,000.
‘‘(ii) INFLATION ADJUSTMENT.—In the case of any

SEC. 1004. AMERICAN OPPORTUNITY TAX CREDIT
‘‘(i) AMERICAN OPPORTUNITY TAX CREDIT.—In the case of any
taxable year beginning in 2009 or 2010—
‘‘(1) INCREASE IN CREDIT.—The Hope Scholarship Credit
shall be an amount equal to the sum of—
‘‘(A) 100 percent of so much of the qualified tuition
and related expenses paid by the taxpayer during the taxable
year (for education furnished to the eligible student
during any academic period beginning in such taxable year)
as does not exceed $2,000, plus
‘‘(B) 25 percent of such expenses so paid as exceeds
$2,000 but does not exceed $4,000.
‘‘(2) CREDIT ALLOWED FOR FIRST 4 YEARS OF POST-SECONDARY
EDUCATION.—Subparagraphs (A) and (C) of subsection
(b)(2) shall be applied by substituting ‘4’ for ‘2’.
‘‘(3) QUALIFIED TUITION AND RELATED EXPENSES TO INCLUDE
REQUIRED COURSE MATERIALS.—Subsection (f)(1)(A) shall be
applied by substituting ‘tuition, fees, and course materials’ for
‘tuition and fees’.
‘‘(4) INCREASE IN AGI LIMITS FOR HOPE SCHOLARSHIP
CREDIT.—
SEC. 1005. COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY AND EQUIPMENT ALLOWED AS
A QUALIFIED HIGHER EDUCATION EXPENSE FOR SECTION
529 ACCOUNTS IN 2009 AND 2010.

SEC. 1006. EXTENSION OF AND INCREASE IN FIRST-TIME HOMEBUYER
CREDIT; WAIVER OF REQUIREMENT TO REPAY.

SEC. 1007. SUSPENSION OF TAX ON PORTION OF UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION
nning in 2009, gross income shall not include so much of the
unemployment compensation received by an individual as does not exceeed $2400
.SEC. 1008. ADDITIONAL DEDUCTION FOR STATE SALES TAX AND
EXCISE TAX ON THE PURCHASE OF CERTAIN MOTOR vehicles

SEC. 1012. EXTENSION OF INCREASED ALTERNATIVE MINIMUM TAX
EXEMPTION AMOUNT.
(a) IN GENERAL.—Paragraph (1) of section 55(d) (relating to
exemption amount) is amended—
(1) by striking ‘‘($69,950 in the case of taxable years beginning
in 2008)’’ in subparagraph (A) and inserting ‘‘($70,950
in the case of taxable years beginning in 2009)’’, and
(2) by striking ‘‘($46,200 in the case of taxable years beginning
in 2008)’’ in subparagraph (B) and inserting ‘‘($46,700
in the case of taxable years beginning in 2009)’’.
(b) EFFECTIVE DATE.—The amendments made by this section
shall apply to taxable years beginning after December 31, 2008.

These reductions affected the people who most needed help during the recession which, need I remind you, began during the Bush Administration.

There was no reduction in tax rates. And in my opinion there should not be.
There should be an increase with the largest increase going to those who are making the most and no increase going to those who make the least.

I,personally, am retired and on a fixed income, but I am willing to endure an increase in my taxes to solve the problems caused by thirty years of Republican mismanagement and incompetence. I expect those who are better off than me to do their share.

So, then, by your own admission these TAX CREDITS (which BO confused for fide tax cuts) were selective in nature. Tax credits, for your info, are a form of welfare -- a form of public assistance. BO didn't know this? Why did he call them tax cuts? And why would he be expecting Tea Partiers, who probably were not recipients of these credits for the most part, to be thankful to him!? :bang: :bang: For what should they be thankful: That the government redistributed their income!? Explain this to me, please.

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
04-17-2010, 02:47 PM

Laf...

You should have known something was up when he was referred to as Mr. President in the title...

If you stumble across "Thank You Obamadijihad" or "Thank You Okaka" or "Thank You POSCIC"...

...that may be your cue to join in. :)

hazzardm
04-17-2010, 02:49 PM
hundreds of thousands of decent hard working taxpayers take to the streets to send a message, and this pos responds by mocking them and saying that they should be thanking him?

LOL, Interesting count.

mostpost
04-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Limbaugh decided to "oblige" Obama by thanking him for:

-Seizing General Motors and Chrysler
General Motors and Chrysler declared bankruptcy. A federal bankruptcy judge
approved the details. Nothing was "seized". GM executives formulated the recovery plan in conjunction with government bankruptcy experts. GM has already paid back most of the money it received from the government. Obama is not sitting in the GM board room telling them what to do. :bang:

-Appointing a pervert as our safe schools czar
This concerns something that was said at a symposium on safe sex.
The safe schools czar (whose name I don't recall) was a member of one of the organizations which sponsored the meeting, but was not involved in organizing it and was not in attendance at the time.

The generational theft that you have committed
It's not theft, and if it was it was made necessary by the previous adminstration which began a war it didn't pay for, enacted tax cuts without spending cuts, and refused to take responsibility.

Insulting and endangering Israel
Israel seems to be doing OK and knows we always have its back.
Asking Israel to contribute something to the peace process is not insulting and endangering it.

-Driving up the unemployment rate
Unemploymnent went from 4.4% in March of 2007
to 7.7% at the end of Bush's term. An increase of 75%
It went from 7.7% to 9.7% during Obama's term so far.
That is an increase of 25%
Exploding the annual deficit
Much of which is a consequence of having to fix what you guys broke

-Targeting and destroying private health insurance companies
I need to pay closer attention. I missed the part where all the insurance companies declared bankruptcy and closed their doors. I didn't miss the part where they had record profits and their executives took home billions in salary and bonuses.

-Pushing for Khalid Sheikh Mohammed to stand trial in New York City
So?

-Helping to destroy the housing market
The housing market was destroyed through the use of derivitives and subprime loans. Policies that were in use long before Obama took office.
You may be able to blame Clinton; you may be able to blame Bush; you may be able to blame both. You have very little legitimate reason to blame Obama.

-Your arrogance, and your divisiveness
Rush Limbaugh calling someone out for Arrogance and Divisiveness.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Mocking and disrespecting the American people
No. Only the Tea Party idiots

-Your never ending support of new Black Panthers and for ACORN
As opposed to your neverending support of the rich and privileged, Rush?

-Embracing our enemies and snubbing our allies
A wilingness to negotiate is not embracing our enemies. We had eight years of confrontaional policies and we are worse of now than at the beginning of those eid=ght years.

ArlJim78
04-17-2010, 03:07 PM
LOL, Interesting count.
lol, why is it interesting?

ArlJim78
04-17-2010, 03:11 PM
its not over yet, and you know they will add to this total, but so far Obama and the democrats (http://republicans.waysandmeans.house.gov/UploadedFiles/DemTaxIncreases1.pdf) have added $670 billion in new taxes over the next 10 years. $2,100 per every person in the country.

For this we are indeed grateful mr president.
we know you're just getting warmed up and that you'll try to bump this number up much higher.

johnhannibalsmith
04-17-2010, 03:14 PM
-Appointing a pervert as our safe schools czar
This concerns something that was said at a symposium on safe sex.
The safe schools czar (whose name I don't recall) was a member of one of the organizations which sponsored the meeting, but was not involved in organizing it and was not in attendance at the time.

At the time, you researched this problem (issue for Zil) quite diligently. I can't believe that you are struggling to remember the details... even I remember the boner of contention. Trip out to memory lane...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64531&highlight=fisting

Greyfox
04-17-2010, 03:15 PM
-Pushing for Khalid Sheikh Mohammed to stand trial in New York City
So?

Yeah, so? What's a few hundred million $$$$$ anyways to try this creep and entitle him to Constitutional rights? Anyone who ever worked for the Federal Government can tell you that's chicken feed. Oops. I forgot you were a federal employee.

Tom
04-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Obama claims to be a student of history with Lincoln being of particular interest. I think he needs to read a little more.

Not until they put it onto a teleprompter for him.:lol:

Seriously, if the guy weren't the president, and he was at party you were at and started shooting off his big fat mouth like he does here, wouldn't you just slap the taste out of his mouth?

The guy is nothing but an arrogant jerk. I have more respect for a fart than this Kenyan reject.

GaryG
04-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Should have quietly disappeared, never to be seen again. That would have saved a ton of money. Or, how about this: Rent out a large stadium. Bristol Motor Speedway holds upward of 150,000 and all of the seats are close to the action. Auction off the right to put a bullet in old KSM. Sell beer, hot dogs, t-shirts, caps, etc. Use the money to fortify our southern borders.

johnhannibalsmith
04-17-2010, 03:37 PM
I have more respect for a fart than this Kenyan reject.

It's nice to know that I have your highest respect.

jognlope
04-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Was there a tea party movement for Clinton's tax hikes?

Tom
04-17-2010, 04:59 PM

Where were YOU? DUH?
They were republicans back then and they totally took back the congress at the midterm elections. Remember Newt and the Contract with America?

You really need to keep up better.:rolleyes:

Tom
04-17-2010, 05:00 PM
It's nice to know that I have your highest respect.

:confused: Are you Obama?

jballscalls
04-17-2010, 05:05 PM

just wasn't labeled the tea party, but i'm sure there were protests and such. I thought obama cut taxes for 95% of people, so certainly they aren't protesting the tax hikes at a federal level, unless maybe they are part of the 5%. i think the protests are for spending, expanding gov't control in health care and many other reasons. my taxes went down (i know Boxcar, cap and trade, and a million other costs will come up because of his policies)

boxcar
04-17-2010, 06:03 PM
just wasn't labeled the tea party, but i'm sure there were protests and such. I thought obama cut taxes for 95% of people, so certainly they aren't protesting the tax hikes at a federal level, unless maybe they are part of the 5%. i think the protests are for spending, expanding gov't control in health care and many other reasons. my taxes went down (i know Boxcar, cap and trade, and a million other costs will come up because of his policies)

Tax credits aren't tax cuts. Hint: When corporations get tax credits, libs refer to this policy as "corporate welfare", but somehow when people get them, they're referred to as "tax cuts"? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

jognlope
04-17-2010, 07:02 PM
J..calls, thanks for your comment, I read it through.