PDA

View Full Version : Hannity No Show for Teabaggers

Secretariat
04-15-2010, 11:02 PM
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100415/NEWS0108/304150112/Fox-News-Sean-Hannity-cancels-appearance-at-Tea-Party-rally

Fox News pulls plug on Sean Hannity's appearance at Tea Party rally

CINCINNATI - Fox News unexpectedly canceled conservative talk show host Sean Hannity’s appearance Thursday night at the Cincinnati Tea Party Tax Day rally, leaving a lot of disappointed fans – and a lot of confusion.

Hannity was scheduled to hold a book-signing and a live taping of his talk show during the event.

Fox News Executive Vice President of Programming Bill Shine issued a statement to the media Thursday evening saying Fox had decided to call Hannity back to New York to do the show because officials believed the Tea Party was using Hannity to make a profit at the event.

“Fox News never agreed to allow the Cincinnati Tea Party organizer to use Sean Hannity’s television program to profit from broadcasting his show from the event,” Shine said. “When senior executives in New York were made aware of this, we changed our plans for tonight’s show.”

Pat Kellison said she wants her money back. She’d not only bought the $13 book but had paid the $20 for preferred seating to watch the taping of Hannity’s show.

“I’m not happy,” said Kellison, of Pierce Township. “I’m not getting what I paid for.”

JustRalph
04-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Big deal.......... Fox wants their cut........what's new........

Hannity is a little full of himself nowadays anyway.......

he loses almost half a million people every night when O'Reilly ends.......

that has always been his problem. He should be replaced by Beck

johnhannibalsmith
04-16-2010, 12:19 AM
...Pat Kellison said she wants her money back. She’d not only bought the $13 book but had paid the $20 for preferred seating to watch the taping of Hannity’s show.

“I’m not happy,” said Kellison, of Pierce Township. “I’m not getting what I paid for.”

A fool and her money have parted ways. Preferred seating for Hannity's show would be in a locked, empty room with nothing but a copy of Penthouse.

bigmack
04-16-2010, 12:29 AM
A mild point of interest to me to climb inside the world of Sec and his lurking for a response to his 'mind blowing' ( :D ) threads.

:sleeping:

I can't shake any image better than that of below:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/nogirls4oh.gif

NJ Stinks
04-16-2010, 12:47 AM
Not so fast, Mack. If the Tea Party loses all the free press it gets from the FOX News station, well, I won't say the party's over but somebody is going to have to start buying drinks.

Robert Goren
04-16-2010, 12:59 AM
Not only are Fox news and the Tea Party Movement made for each other, but they deserve each other.;)

bigmack
04-16-2010, 01:10 AM
I laugh in earnest of this tale of woe....

They started by trumpeting the chant of "We're in Charge Now".

That went to "You're the Party of No".

It moved to "They know not what they want - We'll tell them & vote accordingly"

Then on to: "They're all homophobic, racists"

Now on to: "Holy Shit - They're Upon Us" :rolleyes:

You fools are sucking on that MSNBC/CBS/.......nipple again.

The very start to each of their shows begin - "The Tea Party - They're Sick, They're Twisted, They Must Be Stopped" :D

Be afraid - Be VERY afraid.

Fear mongering 101.
:lol:

prospector
04-16-2010, 01:31 AM
Not only are Fox news and the Tea Party Movement made for each other, but they deserve each other.;)
yes, we do...thank you, but can your friends handle all the truth coming at them..
come outta the shadows..watch fox

NJ Stinks
04-16-2010, 01:58 AM
I laugh in earnest of this tale of woe....

They started by trumpeting the chant of "We're in Charge Now".

That went to "You're the Party of No".

It moved to "They know not what they want - We'll tell them & vote accordingly"

Then on to: "They're all homophobic, racists"

Now on to: "Holy Shit - They're Upon Us" :rolleyes:

You fools are sucking on that MSNBC/CBS/.......nipple again.

The very start to each of their shows begin - "The Tea Party - They're Sick, They're Twisted, They Must Be Stopped" :D

Be afraid - Be VERY afraid.

Fear mongering 101.
:lol:

:lol: :lol:

Robert Goren
04-16-2010, 02:47 AM
yes, we do...thank you, but can your friends handle all the truth coming at them..
come outta the shadows..watch fox I occasionally watch Fox during the day. They are pretty good at covering breaking news in the US like the plane flying into IRS building in Texas. They are still behind CNN in covering breaking news overseas like the Chilean earthquake. As for the political shows, I generally watch old movies on TCM instead. I don't have a problem with any networks slanting the news. They all do it to some extent or another. I do have a problem when they try to make the news. News networks should cover the story(and they can put their spin on it), not cause the story like Glenn Beck and his 9/12 rallies. JMO

letswastemoney
04-16-2010, 04:19 AM
I used to work regularly for a university radio station in Santa Barbara (UCSB), and from reading the history of the radio station, Hannity got kicked out of the station around 20 years ago or so for making inflammatory and discriminative remarks about gays.

If I were to ever listen to a conservative, it would not be this guy.

bigmack
04-16-2010, 04:32 AM
making inflammatory and discriminative remarks about gays

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/shwow_e0.gif

Whoa. A DJ making said comments on a radio station 20 years ago?
Stand back, let's take him in & string him up.

As mentioned, (about 2 years ago) Hannity does his own little deal over there. Inside book has it O'Reilly & he have never been on the same wave. When GB rolled over and Colmes punched out Hannity has his little football toss routine with the 'great,great,great' panel or something like that.

You'll notice BO' has never set-up the Han Show & Beck never mentions Han.

Truth be told, I don't know how Hannity keeps up his same deal day after day. He just keeps hammering the same points for months on end. I just can't pay attention to someone when they're harpin' the same message day after day.

Life's too short for that.

rastajenk
04-16-2010, 06:21 AM
I was there last night where Hannity didn't show, and I can honestly report that it didn't matter very much. There weren't 10,000 Hannity fans there, there were thousands (but not 10K...in politics, as in racing, the numbers get inflated) of like-minded fans of limited government. It was not as if all the air was let out of the room when the cancellation was announced. It was just one less featured speaker in the lineup.

The local tea party lays out some facts here. (http://cincinnatiteaparty.org/blog/?p=581). There was some clear division of labor, and it sounds like some not so good research and follow through, to get to the last moment and then claim to be unaware of some potential conflict of interest. Inside, the local radio guy that served as MC in a way was cryptic in his explanation; he was not at liberty to say exactly why Hannity wouldn't be there, but if you can get news via blackberry et al, you can find out why. Well, I don't so, I was clueless, and I think the MC was, too, at the time.

It seems to me that this is another break in the linkage that all that tea partyers are is a bunch of drooling Faux Noos fans that need cable news to dripfeed them their information. PJTV was there. Glenn Reynolds the Instapundit was there. Republican incumbents to state and local office were not there, but primary candidates were. It was going to go on no matter what the Fox Corporate Big Wigs were willing to Dictate to the Local Stoopid Stooges.

Tom
04-16-2010, 09:33 AM

Yes, and they sure are a hell of an improvement over your run of the mill ignorant lib unable to form his own thoughts. Is it any wonder the Cartoon Network out draws the right wing news channels? :lol:

Tom
04-16-2010, 09:34 AM
I was there last night where Hannity didn't show, and I can honestly report that it didn't matter very much.

Were there any there that had previously bombed the pentagon, like Obamadinijhad's mentor did?

delayjf
04-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Truth be told, I don't know how Hannity keeps up his same deal day after day. He just keeps hammering the same points for months on end. I just can't pay attention to someone when they're harpin' the same message day after day.

I tend to agree.

ArlJim78
04-16-2010, 10:10 AM
I've said this before, yes I'm conservative but I really can't watch any of the pundit shows on TV. once in awhile i might catch a few minutes of Hannity or O'Reilly, or Beck, but I can't watch it for more than a few minutes. The only show on Fox I try not to miss is Special Report which is great because it's informative and not merely a mindless blabfest

I'm more of a talk radio guy.

jballscalls
04-16-2010, 10:46 AM
I tend to agree.

Me too. i posted a few days ago how predictable Fox's evening programming had become and one of the leaders of the fab five here got all upset. But clearly many people on here agree. My point wasnt that they arent reporting the truth, it's just that it's gotten ultra repetitive and predictable.

and too the poster who made the thread, Teabagger is an offensive comment that i was told we shouldnt use around here. it's tea partier. Even though at our local tea party yesterday, i asked 4 or 5 people and they said the T-b moniker didn't upset them at all, we should remain politically correct back here.

DJofSD
04-16-2010, 11:01 AM

Life's too short for that.
Reminds me of being married.

JustRalph
04-16-2010, 02:19 PM
I used to work regularly for a university radio station in Santa Barbara (UCSB), and from reading the history of the radio station, Hannity got kicked out of the station around 20 years ago or so for making inflammatory and discriminative remarks about gays.

If I were to ever listen to a conservative, it would not be this guy.

Obviously it killed his career.......with that 20 million contract he signed with Premiere radio and all...... :bang:

Tom
04-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Even though at our local tea party yesterday, i asked 4 or 5 people and they said the T-b moniker didn't upset them at all, we should remain politically correct back here.

It's not political at all.....Tea bag is a perverted sex act. Much like of of George Carlin's 7 words you can't say on TV.

ddog
04-16-2010, 02:27 PM
yeah and since they normally don't pay for ZERO RATINGS, just think of all the brain dead zombies that he MUST have following him around.

Only chance is survival of the fittest or alien abduction , cuz if they keep a votin we keep a slidin.

Kinda reminds me of teenage nervous breakdown by 'feets. Most of his audience has to have shorted about that time.

That last is in honor of http://www.recordstoreday.com/Home , That'z Sat., go check out some local record stores and grab some vinyl.

ddog
04-16-2010, 02:30 PM
It's not political at all.....Tea bag is a perverted sex act. Much like of of George Carlin's 7 words you can't say on TV.

You are nuts(ooooh that's a tasty one!). :D

Anyway, i guess that's why all the teabags were sent and not , well even I won't go there. :lol:

relax potty mouth, you of all people should celebrate perverted, lots of your posts drip of it. :rolleyes:

bigmack
04-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Kinda reminds me of teenage nervous breakdown by 'feets. Most of his audience has to have shorted about that time.

That last is in honor of http://www.recordstoreday.com/Home , That'z Sat., go check out some local record stores and grab some vinyl.
Feets?

http://popup.lala.com/popup/2017894138385401840
Little Feat
Teenage Nervous Breakdown

46zilzal
04-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Always fair and balanced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRvMU1K_AWU

hazzardm
04-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Always fair and balanced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRvMU1K_AWU

LOL. I don't imagine Mr Hannity replays that episode too often...

GaryG
04-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Always fair and balanced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRvMU1K_AWUDo you not understand that the "fair and balanced" part is the straight news? Do you not know that these guys are COM-MEN-TA-TORS who offer only their personal view of things? C'mon zilly, you are smarter than that....aren't you?

johnhannibalsmith
04-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Not to mention, the clip is from an episode of Hannity and Colmes - a show that featured over-the-top righty Hannity on one side and over-the-top lefty Alan Colmes on the other. Yeah, he's the guy speaking at the beginning and seen to the other side of the guest during Hannity's rant. So, yeah, actually you posted one of the better examples of an opinion show that was indeed fair and balanced. You could have included "insufferable" for the trifecta.

delayjf
04-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like and watch Hannity but I do think his show gets a bit repetitive, at least compared to Oreilly. I find the part of the show where he makes fun of liberals like Pelosi a bit silly. He could make his point about who ever he's jesting about without all the "debbie downer" sound affects. I liked the Hannity and Colmes show better, more balanced and more of a two way debate. Beck is another animal altogether, nobody that I'm aware of covers political issues from the same perspective as Beck, which makes him interesting.