PDA

View Full Version : Past Posting Meadowlands???

Not4Love
04-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Bastille goes to the front early at 3-1 , 1/2 mile 5/2 , wire 2-1. Little breakage 6.20. COME ON. I thought I had seen enough of this with the thoroughbreds.

lamboguy
04-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Bastille goes to the front early at 3-1 , 1/2 mile 5/2 , wire 2-1. Little breakage 6.20. COME ON. I thought I had seen enough of this with the thoroughbreds.
that is the simulcast money, those guys down at the simulcast are very smart.

Augie16
04-15-2010, 08:32 PM
In the fifth, Brennen quickly drops into the 2 hole at 3/1, makes a quick break and the odds rise to 7/2. The one horse, who quickly inherits the two hole has his odds fall from even money to 3/5. Pierce got up at the wire so maybe the late money isn't so good anyway.

lamboguy
04-15-2010, 08:44 PM
In the fifth, Brennen quickly drops into the 2 hole at 3/1, makes a quick break and the odds rise to 7/2. The one horse, who quickly inherits the two hole has his odds fall from even money to 3/5. Pierce got up at the wire so maybe the late money isn't so good anyway.
that is also your simulcast money, those guys at the simulcast are very smart

mirror Image
04-15-2010, 09:00 PM
If you are betting one of the top faves you never know
what the final odds will be.
It's not so bad if you have a 10-1 shot that finishes at 9-1,
but if you have a fave at 2-1 at the start of the race and as
they are racing he goes to 3-5 it's crazy. You might love that
horse at 2-1 but would not play him at 3-5,After having that happen
to me I started using youbets condition wagering on a horse that
is one of the faves.

Not4Love
04-16-2010, 06:32 AM
Mirror, Could you tell me about that condition wagering? How does it work? I don't know. It just seemed to me like the odds were changing a little more than usual last night at the Big M. Could be me.

mirror Image
04-16-2010, 12:12 PM
Mirror, Could you tell me about that condition wagering? How does it work? I don't know. It just seemed to me like the odds were changing a little more than usual last night at the Big M. Could be me.

You set the minimum odds you are willing to take and
when you want the bet to be placed, if at that time the
odds are lower that you put down the bet doesn't go thru.

Not4Love
04-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Thanks!

LottaKash
04-16-2010, 01:18 PM
You set the minimum odds you are willing to take and
when you want the bet to be placed, if at that time the
odds are lower that you put down the bet doesn't go thru.

At Youbet, I have used that feature from time to time, but, with mixed results on some occasions....These days at most of the "harness" venues, the handles aren't all that much, so it doesn't take much to move a number.... I have had horses that won and I was willing to play as low as 7/5, but because the odds were 1/1 at "set-time" (1-min to post) the bet did not go thru and the horse "won" and paid 5/2.....Then on another occasion I had a horse set at 2/1 as my min. and he won and paid 3/5....go figure...I just don't trust it much, because of the fragility of the pools...

These days, and because of this anomaly, when I have other things to do, and, if I just "have to" make the play because it is a "lock" (haha) I will just make the play and the odds be darned...Otherwise I like to make the plays "live" to insure that I get my desired price...Plus I always like to stay tuned to what is happening at the track on that nite/day,,,

best,

Ray2000
04-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Youbet allows entering a conditional bet 2 minutes after Post time = 0 MTP.

Great for sprints...:lol:

Also allows you to set minimum 1 $ payoff conditionals on Exacta's, DD, and QUI?

Just kidding about sprints, but they will take a -2 for MTP because of all the delays even after the tote board flips to 0 MTP. Yonkers goes 0 MTP at as much as 6 minutes before Post.

LK ..... No vacation yet... I have not had a "Signer" this year.. No vacation until I do. :) (or tap out)

Youbet allows...
Conditional MTP (must be one of following values: 5,4,3,2,1,0.5,0,-0.5,-1,-1.5,-2)
Conditional Payoff (minimum odds for WIN bet or integer for $1 probable EXA,DD,QUI)

LottaKash
04-16-2010, 02:10 PM
LK ..... No vacation yet... I have not had a "Signer" this year.. No vacation until I do. :) (or tap out)

Or, are you really saving up for a "New Snow Blower" ?.... They are on clearance now...:jump:

best,

LottaKash
04-16-2010, 02:23 PM
Youbet allows entering a conditional bet 2 minutes after Post time = 0 MTP.

Just kidding about sprints, but they will take a -2 for MTP because of all the delays even after the tote board flips to 0 MTP. Yonkers goes 0 MTP at as much as 6 minutes before Post.

Youbet allows...
Conditional MTP (must be one of following values: 5,4,3,2,1,0.5,0,-0.5,-1,-1.5,-2)
Conditional Payoff (minimum odds for WIN bet or integer for $1 probable EXA,DD,QUI)

Thanks for tipping us to that Ray....I guess I didn't inquire and dig deep enough into that availability...I think I will give that a go or two....Perhaps that would clinch the "conditional" thing for me....If it works well, I will like it....I would sure hate to miss out on a good opportunity, because of it, tho...

best,

Pacingguy
04-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Yonkers has a long delay because of OTB. NYCOTB tracks cover the t-breds over the their own in-state harness races so Yonkers holds their races off until they can finally get time on OTB's television channel. By holding off their races Yonkers pulls in about $200,000 more by holding off their races. If NYCOTB would adopt a NY First policy Yonkers' races would go off at post time.

LottaKash
04-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Yonkers has a long delay because of OTB. NYCOTB tracks cover the t-breds over the their own in-state harness races so Yonkers holds their races off until they can finally get time on OTB's television channel. By holding off their races Yonkers pulls in about $200,000 more by holding off their races. If NYCOTB would adopt a NY First policy Yonkers' races would go off at post time.

So that is what it is ....Thx for sharing PNG....

If NYC-OTB, goes under, as it seems likely lately, then what ?

best,

melman
04-16-2010, 03:55 PM
LK---Using PTC I set my win bets for 30 sec after post. NEVER had a problem. Same for min exacta payouts. That's with the exception of Yonkers. With them it's six or seven minutes after listed "post time". BTW with PTC even the small bettor gets cash back. Real cash not a toaster or bet $200,000 and get $10.00. :D

LottaKash
04-16-2010, 04:22 PM
LK---Using PTC I set my win bets for 30 sec after post. NEVER had a problem. Same for min exacta payouts. That's with the exception of Yonkers. With them it's six or seven minutes after listed "post time". BTW with PTC even the small bettor gets cash back. Real cash not a toaster or bet $200,000 and get $10.00. :D

Mel, very good to know....I noticed that "never" is all caps, good enough for me, on that score...

Let me ask you this tho, do they cover ALL the harness tracks..?

And how about making deposits and especially the "withdrawls" ?

What's wrong with toasters ?....I've got computer monitors, cameras, binoculars, but I am running out of things that I don't need, from Youbet....And now, the rewards points at ALL the tracks that I play have been reduced to next to nothing...just tokens now...

I must change soon, except that I love the format and and the unlimited replays at Youbet

best,....

melman
04-16-2010, 04:55 PM
LottaK---Opening an account with PTC is as easy as pie. I would avoid credit card or ACH but that's just me. Once your account is set up send them a money order and your good to go within three days. Withdrawals? NEVER a problem. Request a check and get it within two days. Not counting weekends of course. Coverage? you name the harness track and they have it. If you bet more than $200 a week and your not with PTC or horseplayersbet your leaving money on the table. ***Unless your a huge whale and have "arangements" with another ADW. Some will deny it but they all do it. To me the betting interface is super easy and presents no problems. You could also fund your account with a personal check, just takes a few more days. They have cash back that is serious. Period. They pay it into your account every day.

Now for the downside.

With PTC NO VIDEO

For me that's not a problem as I get all the video I want from another outlet. Your down in FLA right LK?? Pretty sure they take FLA residents.

Also Johhny you might want to check out horseplayersbet as they offer a great deal also. No personal knowledge of them but they seem very sound to me. The guy is charge posts here all the time and currantly has a promotion running. Something like bet $100 within first week of signing up and he puts $50 in your account. They also offer video. There cash back is serious also. I think they pay it into your account every week.