PDA

View Full Version : New Rulings Database Launched

DeanT
04-15-2010, 02:31 PM
http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/notices/4-15-10/rmtc-recommends-new-phenylbutazone-threshold-level-recent-rulings-database-launched.

For those of you who have helped by asking for rulings to be in a database and more transparent, your voices are being heard, and we thank you for helping out!

Also during the board meeting, RMTC Director of Communications Hallie Lewis announced the creation of a Recent Rulings Database to go live immediately on rmtcnet.com.

“I am excited about this project because I believe it fulfills a need in the industry,” said RMTC Executive Director Dr. Scot Waterman. “Members of HANA (Horseplayers Association of North America), racing fans and participants have voiced their desire for transparency and easy-to-access data on drug-related rulings. To our knowledge, this is the only database in existence that allows viewers to see not only the infractions but also a description of the possible uses and effects of the drug in the horse. We hope that this will begin the process of better clarifying the difference between medication management mistakes and more serious drug violations.”

Horseplayersbet.com
04-15-2010, 02:41 PM
The link is busted, but to cut to the chase, here is the recent rulings data base:
http://rmtcnet.com/content_recentrulings.asp

PhillyFan
04-15-2010, 08:11 PM
how about trainer/owner/veterinarian database too

kenwoodallpromos
04-15-2010, 09:55 PM
TCO2, Methocarnbarnol, forms of Bute overages.
Are most of these listings for harness horses?

BillW
04-15-2010, 10:22 PM

The breed is shown in the table.

rrbauer
04-16-2010, 03:38 AM
At best, this is a start. It is very incomplete. And, as to it providing "more clarifying" information as to whether a violation comes from medication management or a more serious drug violation; that is pretty dicey. Example: Is a double-dose of furosemide (laxix) or butazolidin, a medication management issue or a more serious drug violation?

Racing will clean up its act when the people that run the game want to clean it up which would include lifetime bans for repeat offenders. $100 fines for drug infractions in racing are akin to suspending a repeat-DUI offender's license when what they need to take away is his/her car.

takeout
04-29-2010, 06:08 PM
I like it but it has never been updated, has it?

BillW
04-29-2010, 06:36 PM
I like it but it has never been updated, has it?

4/26 is the latest entry

46zilzal
04-29-2010, 07:02 PM
I like Methcarbomol it works wonders on my back spasm and is over the coutner.

johnhannibalsmith
04-29-2010, 07:15 PM
I like Methcarbomol it works wonders on my back spasm and is over the coutner.

Robaxin is OTC up north?

I actually think the stuff is pretty darn weak when I use it, but it does seem to help some horses in high doses and regular use.

DeanT
04-29-2010, 07:43 PM
http://www.shoppersdrugmart.ca/english/optimum/be_well_get_well/robax.html

You pay thru the nose for it, tho.

Funny that the cutoff for this drug in a 1200 lb horse is probably a nanogram, but we take 500mg in one dose, OTC.

SpotPlays
05-08-2010, 11:37 AM
We need a database of every vet assigned to each trainer. What trainer uses what vets. The trends would be incredible to see, I guarantee that.