PDA

View Full Version : Rush comments on NY OTB

Miss Disco
04-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Anyone catch Rush Limbaugh's comments about the state of NY taking over OTB?

acorn54
04-14-2010, 08:02 PM
no
but i remember a bookie saying if it can't turn a profit then someone is stealing
he is probably right

JustRalph
04-14-2010, 09:56 PM
RUSH: Get this. "Gov. David Paterson plans to offer legislation Wednesday to bail out the troubled New York City Off Track Betting Corp. for a year. Now owned by the state after years of fiscal troubles as a public benefit corporation in city government, New York City OTB is in bankruptcy court to reorganize and deal with its debt." When is the last time that you ever heard of a bookie with a monopoly losing money? This would be like the governor of New Jersey having to bail out the Bellagio. It just doesn't happen. How in the world? The house usually wins. What a sad, sad, sad testimony to the efficiency of government even at the state level. If you can't run a monopoly bookie operation without losing money, you shouldn't be trusted to run anything. Off-track betting ought to be one of the greatest income producers in the whole state. For crying out loud, they have to bail out off-track betting?

Tom
04-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Hear that Mac?
We're NY.....WE SUCK! :lol::lol::lol:

DJofSD
04-14-2010, 10:51 PM
The house usually wins.

Something tells me that Rush doesn't understand the entire situation.

boxcar
04-14-2010, 11:02 PM
The house usually wins.

So, you're not even a wee bit incredulous that OTB has to be bailed out!?

Boxcar

kenwoodallpromos
04-14-2010, 11:11 PM
The house usually wins.

You are right- Rush does not understand that the Bettors support the track, state, and breeding industry; The highly speculative nature of breeding; The lack of industry-wide final authority; And the lack of willingness to find innovative ways to broaden the base to include teens in non-betting interest in the sport.
Most sports have mass participation of children as amatuers and loyal merchandise buying. Followings in TBred racing is horse-to-horse and not on a multiple athlete or human level.

PhantomOnTour
04-15-2010, 12:18 AM
What DJ was saying (i think) about Rush not understanding the situation fully is that the house ALWAYS wins; so long as people bet. Not USUALLY WINS, as Rush said, but ALWAYS.