PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita Longshot (4/14)

rmania
04-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Race 8

Number :2: Skysquickscore (10-1 M/L)

surfdog89
04-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Longshot the 8 horse ( Call for Justice)..... Letsgetitright (1) looks like he will break his Maiden today..............

http://handicapperscorner.blogspot.com/

jjflan
04-14-2010, 07:57 PM
I looked at the PPs of Skysquickscore]and the only thing I could find in his favor was that Stute (1-for-35) had the horse out on the track four times in the last 22 days for a total of 21 furlongs. Is this what got you on to the horse? He certainly ran his heart out and despite leading for much of the race managed to hang for an excellent $16.60 place price. Accolades and Kudos, Mania!

tundral
04-14-2010, 07:59 PM
What going on with martin garcia?

rmania
04-14-2010, 08:30 PM
I looked at the PPs of Skysquickscore]and the only thing I could find in his favor was that Stute (1-for-35) had the horse out on the track four times in the last 22 days for a total of 21 furlongs. Is this what got you on to the horse? He certainly ran his heart out and despite leading for much of the race managed to hang for an excellent $16.60 place price. Accolades and Kudos, Mania!
The software I use utilizes modified fractional times. Based on those times, I was somewhat comfortable that Sky'squickscore would be on the lead after a half mile (which he was). And, if he ran back to any of his previous starts (except his initial start) he would stick around at a decent price. I'd say $16.60 to place is pretty decent.. ;)

kingfin66
04-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Boyd,

Did you run the Cap-U-Lator on that race, or was it straight out of the box? Actually, it is probably the same vis-a-vis 2nd call lead for this race. So, a more general question is, do you normally apply the Cap-U-Lator for improvement/regression, or just go out of the box?

Thanks and congrats on yet another excellent call.

rmania
04-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Boyd,

Did you run the Cap-U-Lator on that race, or was it straight out of the box? Actually, it is probably the same vis-a-vis 2nd call lead for this race. So, a more general question is, do you normally apply the Cap-U-Lator for improvement/regression, or just go out of the box?

Thanks and congrats on yet another excellent call.
I ran the Cap-U-Lator which indicated a 12 lenght improvement. But I also swapped out all of his previous starts and all but the 1st were good enough to be in the mix today. The winner (#6) had any interesting read and I'm not surprised he won but hey.. I'm looking for longshots... :cool: