PDA

View Full Version : Backpackers?

jognlope
04-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Have you ever backpacked up a long trail? Just curious what your experience was, where it was. I went up one of those great Adirondack trails with a friend. Would like to go back, haha that won't happen, would need about a ton of gatorade. I should go back and see if our initials are still carved in the tree. He was fine but I got scared there was a black bear. In those days rangers would actually hike the trail you registered you were going on, just to check on you.

Robert Goren
04-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Maybe you could go with the governor of SC. Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.

jognlope
04-14-2010, 01:09 PM
Didn't get that, but I don't watch much of the boob tube.

prospector
04-14-2010, 02:29 PM
out in the bradshaws of prescott az is nothing but excitement..
ya got snakes, coyote packs,illegals living there, drug growers way back deep...i don't bother any of them and they leave me alone when i prospect...of course, i'm heavily armed..
point being never go anywhere alone, and go armed and ready to use it..

jognlope
04-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Wow that sounds testy and I bet hot, too. But I sure like that arid air, was in Palm Springs once, so quiet. Saw a road runner.

skate
04-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Didn't get that, but I don't watch much of the boob tube.

Oh yeh, speaking about the BooB Tube. See that the cable people have lost 800,000 (and going higher) customers.

cut the cord for humanity:)

prospector
04-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Wow that sounds testy and I bet hot, too. But I sure like that arid air, was in Palm Springs once, so quiet. Saw a road runner.
i love road runners...they eat rattlesnakes :jump:

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2010, 12:07 AM
Could we for once stay on topic and simply submit answers that address the original poster's question?

Thanks.

fast4522
04-15-2010, 07:38 AM
When you go into the woods, have extra beef jerky and a Colt 45 with hardball ammo. If you feel you need to pack extra liquid its a safe bet to also pack a extra Colt 45 and plenty of extra clips. Gunshots can be heard further than yelling for help and cell phone service will likely have no towers deep in the brush.

jognlope
04-15-2010, 09:31 AM
I wish I had the nerve to go back, there were big rainbow trout in the pond that was 3.5 miles up a mountain. My friend cooked them over a camp fire; he wasn't afraid of that black bear I keep seeing in the brush (wasn't there though). I don't dare go alone though. But nice to know such a prustine place exists. Pataki called the Adirondack park the nation's best kept secret.

skate
04-17-2010, 12:51 PM
yes, don't forget porto potty, beef jerkies and portable TV.;)

Have not been there myself, but i hear it is wonderful, enjoy.