finishers in an exacta and tri as I felt they had way more value
than #4.

Edgar secured the mount either due to the Owner and/or
trainer's decision..

While I'm not necessarily a fan of Edgar, I'm simply addressing
this latest PUBLIC bashing.

tzipi
04-14-2010, 11:31 AM
What was the bad ride? That he came up the rail? So when guys duck behind horses, save ground and then squeeze through the rail it's shouted that it was an GREAT ride and I've seen it said here numerous times. But when he ends up in too tight or a horse comes over, it's a bad ride? Didn't the horse come over on him?

It's like the spoiled baseball fan BS. When a guy with men on in a close game swings at the first pitch and gets out, he's yelled at as a bum and that why didn't the idiot take some pitches for God's sake! BUT WHEN he hits the first pitch for a double or a HR then it's ok, he's a hero and did the right thing. :rolleyes:

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. If that rail ride is the thing being judged, then I want to see the rail skimming rides that DO work all the time, trashed. Because they seem to not be. JMO

exiles
04-14-2010, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=tzipi]What was the bad ride?

When you are riding the best horse in the race by far, you keep that horse in the clear, Gomez did the same thing in the SA Derby, and he got bashed by Baffert.

tzipi
04-14-2010, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=tzipi]What was the bad ride?

When you are riding the best horse in the race by far, you keep that horse in the clear, Gomez did the same thing in the SA Derby, and he got bashed by Baffert.

Gomez has had so many rail skimming wins for Bob and I never heard him get yelled at after the ride or in the paper the next day.

Yeah when things don't work they get trashed. Never saw rail skimming rides that came through to win get slammed by trainers after the race or in the DRF the next day. It's like the baseball comment I made. Prado saved ground but got slammed by the horse outside him. Stinks because he did have a very good horse but those are the breaks in racing. No one slammed Calvin for MTB rail skimming ride but if he got slammed into the rail somewhere along the line or shut off it would've been ,"why didn't he stay outside!". Rail rides are ground saving but there's a risk. Staying outside you have to cover alot more ground.

Again I agree it stinks but if that horse doesn't slam in on him, he's probably a hero. Anyway, JMO above.

Tom
04-14-2010, 10:41 PM
I'd love to hear the jockey come back and say, "The moron trained him for six and entered him at 9. You call that training? That plug was emptier than the upper grandstand. I asked him for more in the stretch and he asked me to call the ASPCA."

slew101
04-14-2010, 11:34 PM
Gomez is riding lights out at Keeneland the last week. Today's win in Race 7 was perfect. I hope he comes to Saratoga instead of Del Mar. I love watching him ride in full fields.

[QUOTE=exiles]

Gomez has had so many rail skimming wins for Bob and I never heard him get yelled at after the ride or in the paper the next day.

Yeah when things don't work they get trashed. Never saw rail skimming rides that came through to win get slammed by trainers after the race or in the DRF the next day. It's like the baseball comment I made. Prado saved ground but got slammed by the horse outside him. Stinks because he did have a very good horse but those are the breaks in racing. No one slammed Calvin for MTB rail skimming ride but if he got slammed into the rail somewhere along the line or shut off it would've been ,"why didn't he stay outside!". Rail rides are ground saving but there's a risk. Staying outside you have to cover alot more ground.

Again I agree it stinks but if that horse doesn't slam in on him, he's probably a hero. Anyway, JMO above.

formula_2002
04-15-2010, 04:25 PM
worth the mention

7th Race - Aqueduct - Thursday, April 15th, 2010
Conditions: 1 MILE (Turf)

6 Writingonthewall 5 G L bf 122 6 4 11 11/2 1hd 13 1/2 16 3/4 Prado Edgar

Aqueduct - Race 7 Chart
# Win Place Show
6 $7.90 $4.20 $2.70