PDA

View Full Version : An open "apology" to all the "darksiders" on the Harness side of racing...

LottaKash
04-14-2010, 12:43 AM
To all:

Back on Fri.-2/5/10, I started a thread about "VOP" (later changed to PIPs), and I definitely intended to share my new found numbers with any on this forum who were interested in them....They definitely fill a missing niche when analyzing pace and a horses response to it in their previous races....Even now they are quite enlighening and very revealing at times....

After getting organized and I had the formula down on paper, I had planned on releasing this formula the following Sat or Sun of that particular weekend....

Soon after that, I was a bit taken aback, as I was contacted by a "freelance" Publishing Agent that had been lurking here, and he said that I may have something there, and given that I had stated that I was in the process of writing a Harness handicapping book, he intimated that he was quite interested in my project, and could help me getting published...

Since this guy had been instrumental in getting some very famous handicapping authors into the printed word (In fact, some of these people are "househlod names in the world of horse-racing), I was quite flattered and humbled, to say the least....It turned out to be so timely for me, as just before I was ready to release the formula to you guys, I asked him if I should get them copyrighted to protect my interest in the whole thing, before releasing them....I told him that I would release the formula and numbers to him for his perusal.....And, on his advice, he suggested that I give them to no-one, including himself, until the copyright is legalized....That folks, curently, is where it is at, a work in progress....

For those of you that expressed an interest in the "PIPs", I sincerely apologize to you....I was on the bubble, so to speak, as to what to do....I just didn't want anyone to think that I was a rat jumping from a sinking ship, that's all...

The PIPs are alive and well, and when used in the proper perspective, reveal some nifty little things....I am still making some adjustments and I have been trying to better integrate them into the scheme of things....But, they are working nicely, as is, right now, tho...They don't pick winners, they just help...

Btw, the title that I selected for the book, will be named "LOOPHOLES"...and happily, I was rewarded by my new found "friend", with a nice piece of writing software, to help me in all of this.....Man, I am so "organized" now, compared to my helter skelter notes all over the place before....I am charged and I am moving forward rapidly now...

again, Sorry guys....:blush:

best.

Ray2000
04-14-2010, 06:21 AM
"no apology necessary", LK

Good Luck with your project, (I just knew you'd find a "Loophole" :))

...keep us informed.

wilderness
04-14-2010, 12:24 PM
To all:
I was rewarded by my new found "friend", with a nice piece of writing software, to help me in all of this.....Man, I am so "organized" now, compared to my helter skelter notes all over the place before.

LK,
You mind sharing the name of the writing software?
TIA.

LottaKash
04-14-2010, 01:17 PM
LK,
You mind sharing the name of the writing software?
TIA.

I will PM you Don...:cool:

best,

mostpost
04-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Write fast. I look forward to reading your book. From reading your posts of Harness racing here it is clear that you have a superior knowledge of the game. Hopefully you can improve my betting system which is:
I give the guy behind the counter my money and he keeps it.

Sea Biscuit
04-15-2010, 04:28 AM
Good luck with your Project, John.

Just let us know when the book will be out.

I see a lot of anxious buyers out there just waiting to hand out a lottokash.

I wonder why you named your upcoming book Loopholes.

Is that harness related?

LottaKash
04-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Good luck with your Project, John.
I wonder why you named your upcoming book Loopholes.
Is that harness related?

Thanks to you Biscuit, Ray & Most for wishing me luck, one can always use some of that in anything they do...

Biscuit, I came up with the name "Loopholes" because in the real world of investing and paying taxes (think money), there always seems to be a "loophole or two" that allow an alert & savvy investor an edge of some sort, and by understanding these loopholes, they can use these loopholes to their advantage in the right situation(s)....Loopholes, often border on dishonesty and chicanery, but in the realm of "horse-betting" all is fair, at least for the players that understand the "loopholes"

In my handicapping, I use two sets of numbers that help guide me in finding worthy contenders in my search for winners...I have dubbed them "PIPS" & "QQ's"....There are many races, most of the races in fact, where the numbers are of not to any "real" advantage, as they reveal almost nothing thus no edge or loophole, but each day there are 1-3 times (depending where I am doing my handicapping for that day) that an opening for profit will present itself, and that is where I live now, looking for loopholes in the crowds way of thinking....When the crowd is looking left I will be looking right....Most times we are on the same page, and you just can't, for the most part, make it "big" in the long run when you agree with the crowd day in and day out....That is why we need the "loopholes" to have any real advantage in this game of ours...

Early on in my handicaping life, I was playing way too many races each day that I was at the track....You gotta know back then, I was always going to the bank on a steady basis, but I didn't mind because I just loved to play the game so much....Today tho, and especially this past year or two, I have become more a self defined "spot-player"....It seems that I have finally and thankfully, shed myself of the need for "Greed & Action", the suff that I once thrived on....More out of necessity, I think, (I know I have stated this so many times in my past posts), but since retiring, I am now on a "fixed income" and that means "scared-money" to me now....Given this, it is so important for me now to make only the best of plays each day...By best of plays I mean, The horses with "outstanding" evident/or hidden current form, and in possession of a "Loophole" or two...

Some time ago, I read a book authored by Mark Cramer, entitled "The Odds on Your Side", and that book seemed to be the one that turned my game around from where I once was, and for the better...It has served as "brain food" since...That book was about making an odds-line for each of the races that you were interested in, but ironically, I tried that for a time, and you know what, I always "stunk" at it and I still do today, but I still know a "good-value" when I see it, despite that lack of discipline ! ...What I got most from that book was that, each and every race is unique, and what may work in one "type" of race, or "handicapping category", will not necessarily work in another type of race or handicapping category....MC nicely laid out the 10-handicapping categories in that book, and that was the most important aspect that I took away from that book....Imo, this book is a "must read" for those that want to advance in the game...

My nephew-in law, is always teasing me about my qualifications to write a book....It is like this, I told him, "I haven't had to got to the bank to replenish my bankroll for over 2-years now....I go on a cruise once or twice a year, and Vegas once a year, where I shed my "hard-assed hoss racin' discipline", and become a stupid "slot" & and amateur "poker" player (I just love the "ACTION")...And everything I own is paid for"....Now all of these things aren't paid entirely from my profits in horse racing, but without those profits, none of the above would be possible...A couple of weeks ago, I had to withdraw all but $100 from my betting bankroll (yikes, that hurt !) but because of the "Loopholes" it has grown to $250 this past week, from just making modest 1 or 2 $6-10 wagers a day...Maybe sometime soon, there will be a cycle that won't require me to take the profits for awhile, I sure would like to play for "A LOTTAKASH" tho...sure wood....

As for the book, it will not be the "book of books" in the handicapping world, as other than the PIPs & QQs I won't be breaking much new ground, it will just be about "My way of going as a "Loopholer"....

Well Biscuit, since you asked.....:cool:

best,

JBmadera
04-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Can't wait to read it. Miss your post race recaps....:( , I always got a lot out of those.

best of luck,

JB

LottaKash
04-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Can't wait to read it. Miss your post race recaps....:( , I always got a lot out of those.

best of luck,

JB

Thx JBM, you make me feel good that I gave something here...That is what this place is all about...

best,

SchagFactorToWin
04-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Put me on the list for a signed first edition!

LottaKash
04-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Put me on the list for a signed first edition!

Schag, will that be in "gold-leaf" or "magic-marker" ? .....:cool:

best,