PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury Sat 7-19

Boris
07-18-2003, 09:07 AM
Sans PP's at this point, but this entry caught my eye. Leroy Hellman sends 4 out at Fairmount Park tonight, but no Robletto riding. You might remember I banged these two pretty hard in the Sammy meet last winter and made some nice coin. So upon further looking, I find Hellman has WW Robin De Hood running at Canterbury on Sat in a $125K stakes race, and Robletto is named to ride. AHA! No wonder Luis isn't riding Friday night. These guys don't travel for FF miles, they ship for money, and this is/was a solid horse. I'm pretty sure this is the one I saw take a bad step in the middle of the Sammy stretch on the grass, almost trip, but still got up to win the race. I'm fairly positive this guy has won once since heading back to Fairmount.

Anyway, this is a pretty big stab for Hellman, at least from my memory. My guess is that a Sammy/Fairmount shipper ain't gonna get a lot of attention from the Canterbury faithful, but ya never know. A couple of jocks and trainers are shipping in for the card, and I'd think Mullins and Assmusen's horses will attract the most dollars. Full field of 12 should send us north of ML 8/1, but when at Sammy, the "live" Hellman horses would usually have some action on the first tick of the pools.

If anybody is actually handicapping this race, I'd appreciate their thoughts.