PDA

View Full Version : Mass Exodous from Southern Cal Circuit: Top Jockey's

Igeteven
04-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Mass Exodus from Southern Cal Circuit: Top Jockey's

I heard that the following above are moving on, these people are not going to Hollywood Park, I hope they will be back for Del Mar

I believe that there is going to be a lot of short fields again at HP, there are not enough mounts to make any money for the jocks.

G. Gomez, Michael Baze, A. Solis, and Jose Valdivia, maybe a few, more are going.

Does anyone know who else is leaving and will be back for the Del Mar meet?

Are they coming back or they are out of here for good?

Is the Truth or rumor.

Show Me the Wire
04-13-2010, 11:34 PM
Gomez always leaves after the SA winter meet, M. Baze going to Arlington to ride for Catalano, Valdivia not geting many mounts even from Ron Ellis, so maybe the time has come for him to move on, and I thought Solis is already semi-retired, with the rides he gives.

toussaud
04-14-2010, 02:29 AM
right now if you are not named martin garcia, talamo, Rosario, gomez, bejarano or espinoza.. it's tough getting right now in socal. hell they only run 3 horses a race anyway. Mike smith has his crew he rides for, he doesn't want alot of mounts anyway. Berrio will always get 3-4 mounts a day from AC, and Santiago-Reyes gets a few here and there. Tyler Baze gets some... you have VERY good jockies not getting mounts.

Igeteven
04-14-2010, 10:17 AM
right now if you are not named martin garcia, talamo, Rosario, gomez, bejarano or espinoza.. it's tough getting right now in socal. hell they only run 3 horses a race anyway. Mike smith has his crew he rides for, he doesn't want alot of mounts anyway. Berrio will always get 3-4 mounts a day from AC, and Santiago-Reyes gets a few here and there. Tyler Baze gets some... you have VERY good jockies not getting mounts.

Here we go again, Jocks fighting for good mounts, Hell, any mount will do

Robert Goren
04-14-2010, 10:35 AM
They can always go to Hastings.;)

Igeteven
04-14-2010, 10:42 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greyfox
04-14-2010, 10:51 AM
This will give Iggy Puglisi a chance to demonstrate his parachute style of riding.

GaryG
04-14-2010, 10:55 AM
A lot of them could have made money at Tampa with those big fields and thin jock colony. Too late for that now though.

46zilzal
04-14-2010, 11:13 AM
to race two days per week?

I doubt it.

illinoisbred
04-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Michael Baze has 3 mounts saturday at Hawthorne. Two are for Christine Janks,and the other for Pletcher in the Sixty Sails. I would really be surprised if he's coming here to ride 1st call for Catalano. Wayne will use almost all the jockeys at one time or another fitting riders to horses. I suspect Baze is coming to ride for Calabrese and your guess is as good as mine to how long that may last.

Show Me the Wire
04-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Michael Baze has 3 mounts saturday at Hawthorne. Two are for Christine Janks,and the other for Pletcher in the Sixty Sails. I would really be surprised if he's coming here to ride 1st call for Catalano. Wayne will use almost all the jockeys at one time or another fitting riders to horses. I suspect Baze is coming to ride for Calabrese and your guess is as good as mine to how long that may last.

http://www.santaanita.com/sites/default/files/sa0312newsletter_0.pdf

Last week in an interview Baze confirmed he is still going to Arlington, because his agent made a deal with Catalano.

BTW I think today is his birthday and the last day he is riding at SA, so be forewarned.

joanied
04-14-2010, 04:36 PM
This will give Iggy Puglisi a chance to demonstrate his parachute style of riding.

:eek: :lol:

kenwoodallpromos
04-14-2010, 05:38 PM
IMHO all jocks should go wherever they are allowed to wear whatever color pants they want and put ads on their pants for their OWN profit! (Free enterprise).

Show Me the Wire
04-14-2010, 10:59 PM
http://www.santaanita.com/sites/default/files/sa0312newsletter_0.pdf

Last week in an interview Baze confirmed he is still going to Arlington, because his agent made a deal with Catalano.

BTW I think today is his birthday and the last day he is riding at SA, so be forewarned.

Lost today trying the rail skimming ride. Seems to be a lot of that going around lately.

joanied
04-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Lost today trying the rail skimming ride. Seems to be a lot of that going around lately.

They are all trying to be like Calvin...so they can win the Kentucky Derby:D

illinoisbred
04-19-2010, 07:19 AM
Michael Baze won on 4 of his 5 mounts at Hawthorne this past weekend-including the Gr3 Sixty Sails Handicap for Todd Pletcher.