PDA

View Full Version : Bayakoa Stakes winner-Payton d'Oro

WinterTriangle
04-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Congrats to member LRL Racing.:ThmbUp:

Payton d'Oro won the 1-1/16 mile $100K Bayakoa Stakes on 4/7.

She's now 14-6-4-0 (includes wiring the Black-Eyed Susan, and wins of the Remington Oaks and Instant Racing stakes last year.)

What a nice Medaglia d'Oro filly. Congrats to Cindy Jones for a great training job.

PhantomOnTour
04-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Hit a nice tri with her keyed on top in the Black Eyed Susan last year...when Larry Jones gets a 3yr old filly goin' good they usually stay that way. Glad to see her back at 4...who trains her now?

WinterTriangle
04-13-2010, 02:28 PM
...who trains her now?

read last sentence of my post. ;)

PhantomOnTour
04-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Oh, good Lord :blush:
Reading comprehension! :bang: :bang:

Robert Goren
04-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Cindy is Larry's wife.

PhantomOnTour
04-13-2010, 02:40 PM
This is getting worse and worse.....but seriously, Larry had the ill fated Eight Belles :( ...imagine if she were around to face Zen and Rachel...she was a big girl in her own right, and Proud Spell. Both excellent fillies.

Spalding No!
04-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Awesome accomplishment for the graded stakes winning filly.

Why run in the Apple Blossom when you can run in a race named for a winner of the Apple Blossom?

LRL Racing
04-17-2010, 12:07 AM
Payton had a little foot problem in February and we elected to run her in the Bayokoa so she wouldn't have to run as hard. Unfortunately she wouldn't have known she was against Zenyatta in the Apple Blossom and would have put out 100% effort and didn't want any injuries. Also Larry and Cindy had Just Jenda to run in the Apple Blossom.
Most of my horses have now arrived at Delaware Park and in fact I was fortunate enough to see them today and talk with Cindy for a little while. Looks like we got another couple of babies who can run or at least their morning efforts show promise.
Thanks to Winter Triangle for the acknowledgement.