PDA

View Full Version : Morning Line

Roy C
04-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Was talking to a friend about two tracks morning lines this weekend. Track one was the Oaklawn morning line for the Zenyatta race listing her at 3-5 and others at 3-1 and 9-2 with was a complete joke. Track two was Los Al where Ed Burgart makes the morning line and he is a really sharp capper and it's tough to get one past him. My friend was for sharp morning lines because he felt it easier to get a grip on the field that way. I was for the loose morning line, I actually wish they would get rid of it alltogether. Wouldn't racing be better for better cappers if it went away? With Burgart making the line at Los Al and he and Onaka touting pick 4's on TVG, I find picking prices at Los Al very tough. Anyone one think that a morning lineless track would be fun/profitable to take a crack at?

Overlay
04-12-2010, 06:59 PM
It would have no effect on me, since I pay no attention to the morning line anyway (especially since it's normally not clear whether the line represents the linemaker's personal opinion, or his estimation of how the public will wager). If anything, I imagine that not having morning lines would increase the potential for betting value on solid horses.