PDA

View Full Version : TRN To Make A Comeback-Maybe!

Figman
08-20-2001, 06:13 PM
A Florida firm has made an offer to put TRN back on the air without the talking heads. Their business plan is A-1. The only obstacle now is purchasing the rights to TRN from Philadelphia Park, as it seems the latyter is scrambling to hold on to the rights to TRN and get fresh financing.

smf
08-20-2001, 11:48 PM
I'm pulling for Philly Pk, myself. After they "ceased operations", they fed the track feeds for a while. If I could "dial in" my preferred tracks (from their menu of tracks to show) on the available channels it w/b the perfect product and well worth $40-50 per month.

MikeH
08-21-2001, 09:06 PM
Figman -

I'd be curious as to what your source(s) are. As a (former) TRN subscriber, I haven't taken down the Dish Network dish, although I thought that the odds were 999-1 that they would come back.

If they do come back, they need to lose the "talking heads." As I mentioned in a previous thread, this adds little to the presentation, seriously detracts at most times, and runs up the overhead. I actually prefer YouBet, with its 20 second delay for us dial-up users, than missing the start of all the races the way TRN did.

I was amazed that Joe Kristufek commented in his Chicago article that everyone liked TRN's presentation, while there were a half-dozen of us here opining the exact opposite.

08-22-2001, 08:41 AM
smf- I don't know if some kind of dial in would be technically possible, I wouldn't think so.

MikeH my dish is still on the roof to, hoping for a new provider and wondering how to fill the holes so that my roof won't leak when I take it down