PDA

View Full Version : Only the Insurance Companies are Evil?

boxcar
04-12-2010, 02:38 PM
I thought this kind of horror story could only happen in the private sector with evil, wicked, greedy insurance companies. But get a load of this story at the link below.

It appears the U.S. government deliberately tricked this financially-strapped POOR woman into signing up for disability checks for her small son. Little did she know at the time that would doom her fate as a cancer victim; for subsequent to signing up, she was later refused a promised transplant because she was DROPPED from the Medicaid roles since the small monthly disability check disqualified her on the basis of her income. :bang: :bang: (I wonder if SS considered her as "rich" :rolleyes: ) And here's the kicker: The SS Administration will not allow this woman to take her child off the disability roles! The reason is obvious. It's far cheaper for the government to shell out a mere monthly pittance than to pay a large amount to a big a hospital and doctors for treatment.

Isn't this exciting!? Look what we all have to look forward to. Big Gov, a loving, compassionate, caring, benevolent entity who will screw us out of badly needed health care at the first opportunity it gets.

Supposedly, SS is looking into this matter to see what it can do to make this surgery happen on schedule. If it doesn't happen, they will have signed this poor woman's death warrant. But if it does happen, it took the intervention of a state senator on her behalf. And if she does get the surgery under Medicaid, it'll be interesting to see if she gets to keep her son on SS disability.

I wonder if BO will exploit this woman's plight by flying her son around the country with him? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/shocker-medicaid-drops-mom-with-cancer

Boxcar

Robert Goren
04-12-2010, 02:46 PM
You can bet that some right wing politician will use at every stop. Just look at what happen with Joe the plumber and there was even any truth to his story. JMO

ArlJim78
04-12-2010, 02:54 PM
You can bet that some right wing politician will use at every stop. Just look at what happen with Joe the plumber and there was even any truth to his story. JMO
yeah, no democrat would dare use a personal sob story to sell the healthcare plan.:rolleyes:

and what was not true about the Joe the plumber story? all the guy did was ask a question of the candidate Obama, and all hell broke loose.

boxcar
04-12-2010, 03:21 PM
yeah, no democrat would dare use a personal sob story to sell the healthcare plan.:rolleyes:

and what was not true about the Joe the plumber story? all the guy did was ask a question of the candidate Obama, and all hell broke loose.

:lol: :lol: Yeah, in ObamaLand such things and people are called "props". Only Republicans use such things such as the Dems' own mile-high "HC" bill at the summit they held a couple of months back.

Re Joe the Plumber guy: He has no cred. Who in his right mind would ever think to ask the right question to the wrong guy? :D

Boxcar

ddog
04-12-2010, 04:03 PM
so... you are willing (if you pay any taxes at all still) to pay for everyone who can't afford anything they wish to prolong their life.....anything , forever?

Sorry, I am not. People die - in case you nuts don't "get that" - it comes with the plan.

so... with half the people (at least) not paying much of anything and with 80% which includes most of this board paying not much, you expect the other 20% to carry the 80% forever?

Well, it ain't a gonna happen!

You seem to be in support of unlimited spending of my money for your morality play.

B.S.

Joe the plumber - what's he ever done to support anything - is he out in Hollywood looking to get famous or something. A typical Amerikan whiner and asswipe- joe the dumb ass broke plumber. Get a job you clown.

P.s. a child is not to be born if you can't support it.
Far as I am concerned you should have to show ability to raise a child.
Don't get your freak on and then come a runnin to me to support the "dear child". You baked it - I had nothing to do with it.

CHina has this one correct.

mostpost
04-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Hey Box, aren't you the one who said government can't do anything. Yet you claim that they found this woman, coordinated two or more seperate agencies and conspired to deny her this operation. NONSENSE. I seriously doubt if the person who sent her the information on disability payments for her son was even aware of the bone marrow transplant. Nor would that person be aware of the cut off point for medicaid eligibility.
The fact is they are now working to correct the problem. The reason a state senator is involved is that he can coordinate the efforts. Really it would be better to have a congressman or U.S. Senator involved, and maybe they are by now.

boxcar
04-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Nice catch...almost. This time around, you only missed the point of my post by a country mile. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

ddog
04-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah, "a state senator" , that's what we elected them for to RUN THE HC SYSTEM!

what a joke- most of those clowns couldn't run a hotdog stand -- THAT'S WHY THEY GO INTO THE CRIMINAL STATE GVT-- it's a training ground for the national syndicate. :D :D :D

the ONLY detail funnier in this absurd thread is that the "pugs will run with it".

So, big deal, the RNC is brain dead (Msteele anyone- :D )
Now , stop and think WHO voted him into that "position". :lol:

Flush both these parties down the drain before your country is done in by them.

boxcar
04-12-2010, 04:53 PM
Hey Box, aren't you the one who said government can't do anything. Yet you claim that they found this woman, coordinated two or more seperate agencies and conspired to deny her this operation. NONSENSE. I seriously doubt if the person who sent her the information on disability payments for her son was even aware of the bone marrow transplant. Nor would that person be aware of the cut off point for medicaid eligibility.
The fact is they are now working to correct the problem. The reason a state senator is involved is that he can coordinate the efforts. Really it would be better to have a congressman or U.S. Senator involved, and maybe they are by now.

Why is it nonsense? The SS Admin solicited her on the kid's disability! And if it was such an "honest" mistake, how come the woman couldn't reverse the disability? SS wouldn't let her off of it! Why not!? And why should it take a senator to intervene?

You are so hopelessly naive. You think only recipients of public assistance can game the system? I guess you think government bureaucrats put their pants and skirts on differently than everyone else, eh?

Furthermore,there was a guy who called El Rushbo today who is connected in some capacity to the VA and he sees this kind of nonsense going on FREQUENTLY. Rush asked him if he thought these incidents were intentionally planned but the guy wouldn't answer that straight out. All he said was that these kinds of "nefarious" activities were fairly common, so everyone should essentially form their own conclusions.

Boxcar
P.S. And the SS Admin and Medicaid sure were well enough coordinated to cut this woman off at the knees once she started collecting the kid's disability! It didn't take them long to find out she was now in the "upper crust" class once those disability started rolling in! :rolleyes:

ddog
04-12-2010, 05:04 PM
"Isn't this exciting!? Look what we all have to look forward to. Big Gov, a loving, compassionate, caring, benevolent entity who will screw us out of badly needed health care at the first opportunity it gets."

Naive, i would say so. Screw us out of. You have no right to it if YOU can't pay for it.

The top 10% that run this country will eventually decide this OR YOUR not their taxes will skyrocket.

That's the facts.

You seem to LOVE BIG GVT , long as they benefit you or yours.
:(

Robert Goren
04-12-2010, 05:32 PM

and what was not true about the Joe the plumber story? all the guy did was ask a question of the candidate Obama, and all hell broke loose.To start out with he wasn't a plumber and he wasn't trying to buy his boss's business like he said. And his boss said that the income from the business wasn't as high as Joe tried to imply. This guy was a complete phony from the get go and the right bought into it. He made a little money out the deal. I hope he used it to pay some of his back child support.

boxcar
04-12-2010, 06:24 PM
"Isn't this exciting!? Look what we all have to look forward to. Big Gov, a loving, compassionate, caring, benevolent entity who will screw us out of badly needed health care at the first opportunity it gets."

Naive, i would say so. Screw us out of. You have no right to it if YOU can't pay for it.

The top 10% that run this country will eventually decide this OR YOUR not their taxes will skyrocket.

That's the facts.

You seem to LOVE BIG GVT , long as they benefit you or yours.
:(

You're not only out of the ballpark, but I think you're in orbit around planet already. You are clueless if you don't know where I stand relative to government.

But to the rest of you wingnuts out there, doggie offers and excellent example of how you and your ilk constantly take Rush Limbaugh's remarks (as one example) out of context. Any moron can make someone else seem to be saying something he isn't when taken out of context.

Boxcar
P.S. I believe doggie just provided us another definition for "useful idiot". :rolleyes:

Steve 'StatMan'
04-12-2010, 08:47 PM
To start out with he wasn't a plumber and he wasn't trying to buy his boss's business like he said. And his boss said that the income from the business wasn't as high as Joe tried to imply. This guy was a complete phony from the get go and the right bought into it. He made a little money out the deal. I hope he used it to pay some of his back child support.

I'm sure he had hopes and dreams and a lot of what if's in his head. Many people, myself included, had wondered what it would take financially to buy, own and run our employers shops at various times in our lives, or various businesses. If I had any hopes in the future for the next 10+ years, I'd have asked those questions. Not only for myself, but also to undertstand how it might affect my employment with the employer as well - and what might my employer be driven to do in response to his policies. He may not have been doing yet what he described, but that isn't important, too much bogging down when asking a busy politician a question. So he needed wanted to know from "Mr. Hope And Change" what was in store that might affect his own hope, change & future.

46zilzal
04-12-2010, 08:58 PM
There are countless examples of the IRS making huge errors (and getting away with it) in what they called deficit assessments.

60 Minutes reviewed one where they came in while a farmer was on vacation and sold his land and all his farm machinery, but they had the wrong guy. He had to go to court for over 4 years to get his property and money back and was on the verge of bankruptcy. Changes to the extent of their power, along with penalties when they screwed up, was the result of yet another abuse of power.

ElKabong
04-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Very apparent that...>>> liberals want people like Joe the Plumber to accept his current lot in life forever. "No hope for you, Joe". No striving for a better tomorrow, or dream you can someday live the American Dream.

why is that?

Like mentioned before, "ask a tough, straightforward question & all hell breaks loose."

boxcar
04-12-2010, 09:14 PM
There are countless examples of the IRS making huge errors (and getting away with it) in what they called deficit assessments.

60 Minutes reviewed one where they came in while a farmer was on vacation and sold his land and all his farm machinery, but they had the wrong guy. He had to go to court for over 4 years to get his property and money back and was on the verge of bankruptcy. Changes to the extent of their power, along with penalties when they screwed up, was the result of yet another abuse of power.

I'm afraid to ask, but I'll bite: What does this have to do with the topic of this thread, especially since the "good" folks at the SSA haven't come in her home [yet] to confiscate this woman's kid and sell him to a sweat shop in some third world country? :rolleyes:

Boxcar