PDA

View Full Version : Assembling a Team

bigmack
04-12-2010, 12:40 AM
A fully funded handicapping team. I've been involved before but I was the both the dough and did 90% of the work. I ended up paying for their time to do grunt work.

Looking at perhaps putting together a team again and thought about just paying salaries for what people contribute and based on their performance to the group. They know they'll have regular dough coming in and there is no risk to them.

I'd like to be privy to the overall decisions but someone can run the day to day and make the plays. Each analyst walks with $3-4K/mo.

Each analyst has to show a profit for one month before hiring.

What else?

kenwoodallpromos
04-13-2010, 01:15 AM
Perhaps you want tohave 1 person just to screen all tracks' condition books that meet the right criteria for your handicapping team as well as the weather.
In my 3 months' [ublic online handicapping experience I could not choose the major tracks as everyone else was picking from them; I chose mid-sized tracks for the overall racecard to run as expected. I had an overall positive ROI and did best on tracks when fast, did well in the Central time zone. I think NY has the most consistently groomed tracks. Look for weekly track biases. I would also look at tracks and racetypes where the exactas pay the best for the top 2 choices.

Robert Goren
04-13-2010, 01:25 AM
A wagering Hedge Fund, BigMack does the picking. He takes 2% of the wagers off the top and 20% of any winning bets. Sounds like a great idea, unfortunately I am broke. :( ;)

bigmack
04-13-2010, 01:35 AM
Bigmistakeonmypartwiththethreadbutanyonewillingtow atchhoursofvideoperdaypmmemuchothanko

Tom
04-13-2010, 08:02 AM
I have assembled a team for you.
They will be ready Monday.

Charlie D
04-13-2010, 08:32 AM
So thats what Andy, Jason and Eric do on Dark Days

stu
04-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Tom,

Are you the sock monkey?

:lol:

DJofSD
04-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Tom,

Are you the sock monkey?

:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugk37TvIR8E

Hanover1
04-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Sent PM-no answer. Suspect that indicates I am currently 60-1 morning line. Is that not good handicapping???

Light
04-16-2010, 07:18 PM

That leaves TLG out.

Each analyst walks with $3-4K/mo.

WTF are you talking about? How much do you expect to make that you can shell out $10k to $20K a month just for help? If this is a joke,its not funny. If its not,its insane.

formula_2002
04-16-2010, 07:39 PM
A fully funded handicapping team. I've been involved before but I was the both the dough and did 90% of the work. I ended up paying for their time to do grunt work.

Looking at perhaps putting together a team again and thought about just paying salaries for what people contribute and based on their performance to the group. They know they'll have regular dough coming in and there is no risk to them.

I'd like to be privy to the overall decisions but someone can run the day to day and make the plays. Each analyst walks with $3-4K/mo.

What else?

not a big deal.. just send me the bris single file format drf file and I'll send you my n155 model picks that works for any track and my ltcp's that works for the ny circuit...no charge!! also included is my betting model....

or

just look for my picks in the "selection's forum"

Trotman
04-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Tom your humor is off the wall :lol: :lol: :lol: I just about fell out of my chair,good stuff :ThmbUp:

cj
04-16-2010, 08:46 PM
That leaves TLG out.

WTF are you talking about? How much do you expect to make that you can shell out $10k to $20K a month just for help? If this is a joke,its not funny. If its not,its insane.

We don't really know if TLG could show a profit for a month based on public selections for every race. I'd say if it were between the two of you for the last spot, he would be 1 to 10.

Mineshaft
04-16-2010, 10:13 PM
i can do EVD..

acorn54
04-16-2010, 10:29 PM
if someone can show a profit from the horses why do they need you

PaceAdvantage
04-16-2010, 10:49 PM
That leaves TLG out.You've got time to post these prickish responses, but no time to take me up on my challenge. Talk about ducking.

Light
04-17-2010, 01:46 AM
The comment was tongue-in-cheek. I'm no Jay Leno,but c'mon.

bigmack
04-17-2010, 02:46 AM
:D Light, always a treat in a creepy kinda way.

While not my intent, the thread seemed to jar acoupal'a virtuoso's. Work in project and sorry for not getting back to all.

Nothing further to see here.

Tom
04-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Tell that to the tall red guy!

bigmack
04-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Those I spoke with use 9500 or:

ɯoɔ˙sǝsɹoɥǝpısuı@ʞɔɐɯ

rrpic6
04-19-2010, 08:46 PM
"Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians". That's what eventually ends these type of ventures. No one usually wants to be told their picks will not be used. It could work if the people involved are given specific duties. Example: Player 1 bets only exactas on night tracks. Player2 bets only pick 3's on tracks with rolling bets and decent size fields.

RR

castaway01
04-21-2010, 09:21 AM
"Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians". That's what eventually ends these type of ventures. No one usually wants to be told their picks will not be used. It could work if the people involved are given specific duties. Example: Player 1 bets only exactas on night tracks. Player2 bets only pick 3's on tracks with rolling bets and decent size fields.

RR

You're probably right, but personally if I was making a profit I'd be willing to be humble and have my picks thrown out. ;) I can't imagine actually trying to form a team online though---would have been much easier in the old days at the track, though not necessarily more successful. Hope it works out.

toetoe
04-21-2010, 04:40 PM
:D Light, always a treat in a creepy kinda way.

I thought *I* was your main creep. :( .

Any bidniz must be discussed on a SoCal golf course, see ? (E.G. Robinson voice.)