PDA

View Full Version : End of an era

Tom
04-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Texas Stadium, the scene of some of pro football's greatest moments, is gone. Dyn-o-mite did what Roger Staubach did every Sunday.....brought down the house.

B7NHMn-pJZ0&feature=youtu.be

lsbets
04-11-2010, 12:44 PM
That had to be one of the worst, most uncomfortable stadiums I've ever been in. Horrible bathrooms, no ventilation.

46zilzal
04-11-2010, 12:51 PM
I always laughed at the tiny hole in the roof just to keep the idea they were playing OUTSIDE.

Lots of home town calls were made there over the years.

PhantomOnTour
04-11-2010, 01:34 PM
They should have burned it down instead.....with T.O. still doing his pose on the star at the 50yd line.

Tell me, how did the Cowboys go and sign that guy after he defiled their logo?
No soul, those Cowboys.

ElKabong
04-11-2010, 01:49 PM
The Half Astrodome, gone...

Jerry let that place go a bit after 1991 when the Rangers had taxpayers pay for much of their stadium. When the Stars and Mavs got a new arena for damn near nothing, Jerry really let the place go to hell.

He simply did what the Detroit Tigers owner did after he bought them from Monaghan in 1993...who let Tiger Stadium rot, use it as an excuse to get a new one (public & league complaints about an out of date stadium, then going to the local gubmint for a gimme). I think it was the city that MADE Jerry paint the roof a few yrs ago. He let it go to hell intentionally.

What a nice place Texas Stadium was until 1980 or 81, when they installed the upper level suites. Cut off all circulation, made it quite uncomfortable. While it was no Tiger Stadium (in the way of charm and beauty) it was the place where many a great football memory was made. From HS to NFL, it had many great moments.