PDA

View Full Version : Edgar Prado

MickJ26
04-10-2010, 03:11 PM
I seem recall a poster mentioning Edgar Prado is going through some personal issues recently. Still, for him not to have a mount in either the Blue Grass or Arkansas Derby to ride on a non-descript day at Aqueduct is unusual. I'm sure he'll have a mount come the Kentucky Derby, either a horse with a jockey conflict or a Pletcher leftover. There's even a horse running in the Blue Grass named Patty O'Prado. I don't know, just wondering.
If this was discussed in a previous thread, then please disregard. Thanks.

joanied
04-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Did you see the 9th at Big A??? Prado and his horse were severly cut off and went as far down as you can get without falling...amazing recovery by horse & rider...coulda been a horror.

tzipi
04-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Did you see the 9th at Big A??? Prado and his horse were severly cut off and went as far down as you can get without falling...amazing recovery by horse & rider...coulda been a horror.

Yeah, Jara almost put Edgar over the fence. Shocked the horse stayed up. That was scary. Horse looked like he jogged out fine.

joanied
04-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Yeah, Jara almost put Edgar over the fence. Shocked the horse stayed up. That was scary. Horse looked like he jogged out fine.

Yes he did...look fine...might have something show up tomorrow...I played it back on my TV in slow motion because i can't know how Prado stayed on...thta was really amazing. Bet the horse had the crap scared out of him too!!
Jara needs to be given a week off or something...jeeze!

Pell Mell
04-10-2010, 06:23 PM
I'll bet that right about now he wishes he hadn't stayed in NY:faint:

turfnsport
04-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Jara has been riding like a hump for months. I hope the stewards hit him good.

the little guy
04-10-2010, 08:57 PM
I think some people need to watch the head on a few times.

Charlie D
04-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Mr Prado should probably be fined for dangerous driving.

born2ride
04-10-2010, 10:13 PM
I like Prado, I think he's a class act. I think between changing agents and some personal issues, he's had a decline in quality mounts. It's a shame, as he's a good rider and takes care of the horse.

turfnsport
04-10-2010, 10:27 PM

I want them to suspend him not for that ride, but for his entire body of work recently. :D

turfnsport
04-10-2010, 10:35 PM

I just watched the head on twice, what am I missing? Was that not Jara that cut off Edgar?

JustRalph
04-10-2010, 11:00 PM
where can I see the head on ?

Somebody fill me in

the little guy
04-10-2010, 11:02 PM
I just watched the head on twice, what am I missing? Was that not Jara that cut off Edgar?

Not in my opinion.

To me, just because you want to go through inside doesn't entitle you to the position.

The better question, however, would be why would someone even want to try to make that move, much less with a heavy favorite.

slew101
04-10-2010, 11:17 PM
NYRA has video of head-ons from its races. Signing up is free.

where can I see the head on ?

Somebody fill me in

exiles
04-10-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm sure he'll have a mount come the Kentucky Derby,
[/QUOTE]

Prado has being riding like s!@#$%t for months, Kentucky Derby, you got to be kidding.

shouldacoulda
04-11-2010, 01:39 AM
I read on a post on youtube by someone that allegedly knows him that said he cares a lot about the horses well being. I saw a special about Barbaro on HBO and he went several times to visit the horse when he was in the PA vet hospital. That's all well and good (IMO how it should be) but unfortunately it doesn't make him a great jockey.

eastie
04-11-2010, 09:01 AM
riding his ass off and winning multiple Grade I stakes is what makes him a great rider.

jognlope
04-11-2010, 09:19 AM
I read his book about Barbaro and one day he went to see him at Bolton and Barbaro was in a foul mood, just starred out the wndow of his stall and he wouldn't turn his head to look at Edgar, so Edgar just said something like not in a good mood today, boy? and turned and left. At that point the waterworks were turned on for me.

GARY Z
04-11-2010, 09:24 AM
It is easy to bash a Jockey when he is in a slump and riding horses
with little chance to win until he starts winning, and then all is magically
forgotten.

Good example is the criticism Kent D took when he pulled up
with Big Brown, and now is riding like a champion.
Good Jocks do care about their horse and frankly their lives
which is one of the reasons they are winning riders, and more importantly
can sometimes overcome horrific situations such as what happened
in Saturday's 9th at Aqu.

slewis
04-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Not in my opinion.

To me, just because you want to go through inside doesn't entitle you to the position.

The better question, however, would be why would someone even want to try to make that move, much less with a heavy favorite.

Decision's like the one he made yesterday is why this guy's career has taken a nosedive.

When you have the best horse in the race, it makes NO SENSE to try and save every inch of ground and PREY that the rail opens for you.

This was a graded stake race, not an allowance race. There is way too much on the line, especially for a filly looking for Graded Black type for a jock to look like a hero when he's on the best horse in the race. You ride the way he did when your on a 10-1 shot looking to trip out for a lucky win.

Personally, it was great. It allowed our mediocre filly to get third.

Thanks Edgar.

shouldacoulda
04-11-2010, 07:56 PM
I read on a post on youtube by someone that allegedly knows him that said he cares a lot about the horses well being. I saw a special about Barbaro on HBO and he went several times to visit the horse when he was in the PA vet hospital. That's all well and good (IMO how it should be) but unfortunately it doesn't make him a great jockey.

I take bake anything I may have said bad about him. He was great today in the sixth race. :)

formula_2002
04-11-2010, 09:20 PM
I saw the ride this way

it was one of my best plays of the day.
I don't think the hole was there for him. He was really up against a wall of horses which was allowed to build up because EP had a dead eye on the hole that never was.
That hole, more than not does open up eventually, but not this time..

GARY Z
04-12-2010, 05:47 AM
If you want to pick on a particular ride/trip on any jockey, just view
any race, at any time, and you'll see top rated and apprentices
making various mistakes which, depending on the horse can make
little difference when they have the best horse and still win.

The reverse is having the best horse, getting caught in a blind switch and losing, which can happen to any jockey.

At the risk of dating myself, Willie Shoemaker misjudged the finish line
in the 1957 Kentucky Derby, yet that race is glossed over when
his name is mentioned based on his riding style and accomplishments.

turfnsport
04-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Jara got seven days for the incident, reduced to three.

FantasticDan
04-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Dutrow :mad: at Prado:

http://www.drf.com/news/article/112126.html