PDA

View Full Version : The Gloves have come off in the NYRA battle

Suff
07-17-2003, 07:46 AM
This Thing is getting ugly now.

Someone, at the Racing Board, dug up a loophole that NIXED a Voucher program that was to give away a "Mystery" Million dollar voucher at Saratoga

After the VOUCHERS had been mailed out.

I was hoping this "In-fighting" did'nt t trickle its way down to the Player. But it appears it has and will.

Its a shame. because East Coast racing is performing well.

The bureaucrats are becoming a fly in the ointment instead of grease on an axle.

http://www.drf.com/news/article/48154.html

lousycapper
07-17-2003, 01:33 PM
"Politicians will always be the sand in the vaseline. If it's working you can depend on politicians to gum it up. Face it... politics is the dog feces on the sidewalk of life."

-L.C.

andicap
07-17-2003, 03:06 PM
OK, DRF, tell me..

What are the "new" conditions set down by the Racing Board?????????????????????????????/
Surely as the racing bible you don't need to call reach a Board flack to answer that question. You should have access to the new rules, either online or from a reporter who covers the Board.

This is very shoddy journalism. Can NYRA fix the voucher program to fit the new rules?
How much did this cost NYRA?

As a fan who received a voucher but threw it out because I wasn't going to be at Saratoga, I feel a bit cheated. Tough luck, buddy. (I'm not whining about the $2, but pointing out other angles in the story).

As a journalist, I'm consistently amazed at the holes in many of these stories. Don't they have editors there???

Suff
07-17-2003, 03:13 PM
I'm reeling you into to commnet on my handicapping theory while your there..

But still

Look at the 11 I liked in the first.... DRF had him with 2 Turf starts

a very important fact when evelauating surface "Likening"

He only had one

Drf had his Lifetime beyer as 60...but had never run anything over a 59 in his life.

Drf had a running line that was completely contrdictory to the running line that the NYRA charters gave that horse...

but...it was a bleesing,, because when I could'nt find his 2nd lifetime Turf start I was drawn to the horse and although he did'nt win... I got a good workout in and built my confidence becuase he ran very well....

lousycapper
07-17-2003, 03:47 PM
Mr. SD,

Do you think the Dummies Racing Form is at fault for incorrect information? I thought they got their files from Equibase or are they [DRF] just bad proof readers?

-L.C.

Figman
07-17-2003, 04:35 PM
Now let's give the Racing commission in NY a little credit on this voucher promotion. At least in my mind they have proven themselves competent in solving the Breeders Cup Pick Six scandal in short order. And they seem to be the most proactive of the racing states when it comes to horse dopings.

NYRA wants to send out mystery mutuel vouchers. A NY Attorney General's report comes out specifying how NYRA mutuel clerks could (or did, I'm not sure) rip off undercover personnel that had redeemed last year's mystery mutuel vouchers. The racing commission asks NYRA to institute more controls to protect the public from any future potential ripoff. It said in the AG's report that by the presence of a date and time stamp on the mystery mutuel voucher, the worth of the voucher was no longer "a mystery" when spotted by a knowing pari-mutuel clerk.. NYRA says it cannot comply with new controls and withdraws the request before the NY commission to be approved....yet NYRA had already sent out the vouchers without the needed approval from the commission for this promotion. How is the state commission the "bad guys?" Or is this just another case in our society of having rules to be followed for the good off all, and someone says "the hell with the rules!"

PaceAdvantage
07-17-2003, 05:04 PM
Actually, I have a voucher, and it looks "different" from previous vouchers. There is a little "bar-code like" stamp on the back of the voucher. I thought this was a new "control code" type of thing meant to discourage the sort of shenanigans that tellers were accused of in the AG's report.

Suff
07-17-2003, 05:46 PM
As Usual Fig.. good information.

It's that they mailed them out already and it gives a clear impression that the powers to be are working well together.