PDA

View Full Version : My good friend Joe Deramo

lamboguy
04-09-2010, 06:36 AM
Joe is 76 years old today. he started his adult life when Truman was president. after that Eisenhower became the next president for 2 terms. he put the uniform on and went to korea to fight the war there. he never questioned his government because he loved this country, beleived in his leader and was willing to risk his life for this great place. Eisenhower was a great example because he directed world war II in Europe for our country. Eisenhower became Kennedy and he displayed great leadership also.

the first time Joe voted for a president it was for John Kennedy because he was strongly behind the democratic party and only voted with party afiliations. he kept voting for democrat's until Reagan ran, and for the rest of his life he voted all republican. in Joe's days a president never got questioned when they had to make a big decision, they were respected no matter which party they were with.

after Kennedy you got one social program after the other from the democrat's, welfare, medicare, medicaid, extended social security benefits even if you never paid into it, big pensions for government workers, better healthcare benefits for government employees as well. the list goes on and on and on. from the republican side you got a party that came to the aid of big business that wiped out family business's that were around for years and years. that party figured out how to tax you higher without raising tax rates, by cutting deductions, de-regulating industry's so they could get more profits yet charge you much more, like the airline industry. the republican's even figured out how to take away alot of your rights in the name of national security with the patriot act. that leads us to the latest fiasco the health insurance act which i am sure most of you will agree does not do the average person any good.

poor Joe Deramo just suffered a stroke, and then it relapsed. i don't expect him to be around to much longer. Joe grew up in an era, the 1950's, which many people will say was the greatest era ever in our country. I actually see something good happening now, its this new movement, THE TEA PARTY. the other night i watched 2 great leaders that happened to be from the republican party step up to the plate and give us some hope. 2 women, Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman. this meeting took place in Minnesota. good leadership has a way of bringing the best out of people. maybe we can find 2 democrats that are as dynamic as these 2 and we can get this show on the road.

Robert Goren
04-09-2010, 10:05 AM
The 2 ladies would not have been elected in 1950s. A woman who held political office back then only got in on their husband's or father's coat tails. We have come a long way sice the 1950s, some of it good, some of it bad. For the most part it has been good. JMO

skate
04-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Not sure if the 2 women have anything to do with the 50s, let alone even trying to get elected. Not the same society, women had a different role. Mom could have driven a truck or whatever, they chose not to drive.

Society was most likely better off, back then, because of the home life, that's where the big change came into play, Homelife.

But, back to Joe, i always respected those who fought in Korea, man that was one tough Puppy.

As far as a stroke goes, most (the-skate) are best to get things over with, like Now. You can call me all kinds of names etc., but Don't ever let me sit around, with zilch.:)