PDA

View Full Version : they're all not bad

prospector
04-08-2010, 12:19 PM
I got a bill adressed to my wife yesterday for $600+ in medical bills..
on april 30th 2009 i lost my wife to liver cancer caused by breast cancer..

i called the billing dept for the hospital this morning to complain..11 months later i get a bill that goes thru march 10th, leaving another bill pending for another 45 days of possible bills..
i explained that my wife was deceased and her insurance should have covered the bills..she paid $10k per year for medical with $2500 deductible..all costs, medicine included were covered..the lady there said it was common practice to try to get unpaid bills collected from survivors..i said not this one..
the lady was kind and understanding..i faxed her a copy of my wifes death certificate and she said there would be no more bills..she made me feel good again about the kindness of some people..

i tell you this story in case you ever lose a loved one..in the event of late bills..challenge them..my brother paid over $6k 7 months after his wife passed...he probably could have paid nothing..

46zilzal
04-08-2010, 12:25 PM
IN ANOTHER MORE COMPASSIONATE SYSTEM, my wife went steadily down hill with COPD which finally lead to congestive heart failure and her death in 2002. NOT once was she ever denied a bed with her bouts of pneumonia, medications, home nursing care, ambulance service (which we did have to pay $65.00).....

AND not once did we have to pay other than a nominal $50.00 month for health insurance which EVERYONE is eligible.

My sister continues to tell me horror stories about outrageous billings that she, hardened to it for years but still continues to be astounded at.

My father paid into his health insurance from the 50's until his death in 2006 and used his insurance TWO times. When he died, my sister had to sue the insurance carrier to cover the expenses at his death.

The U.S. medical insurance machine is a blood sucking group of amoral bastards.

Robert Goren
04-08-2010, 12:30 PM
At least he could sue, in Nebraska you can't even sue to get them to pay.

Tom
04-08-2010, 12:50 PM

Bullshit.
The DOCTORS are free to treat these people. Don't blame the insurance companies. They can only pay, not treat. DOCTORS can treat but refuse unless they are paid. Blood sucking bastards.

The high costs of health care are NOT caused by insurance companies, they are caused by YOU people in the profession.

ArlJim78
04-08-2010, 12:58 PM
only a fool would think that government is going to be more compassionate than insurance companies. remember, Obama says that it's better just to give a pain pill to Grandma and send her home.

boxcar
04-08-2010, 01:19 PM
only a fool would think that government is going to be more compassionate than insurance companies. remember, Obama says that it's better just to give a pain pill to Grandma and send her home.

Now...that's real compassion! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Warren Henry
04-08-2010, 01:43 PM

Don't hold back. Feel free to tell us how you REALLY feel.

LottaKash
04-08-2010, 01:45 PM

Don't worry folks, B-Hussein-O, has taken care of that......He has fixed us real good....:jump:

best,

MONEY
04-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Bullshit.
The DOCTORS are free to treat these people. Don't blame the insurance companies. They can only pay, not treat. DOCTORS can treat but refuse unless they are paid. Blood sucking bastards.

The high costs of health care are NOT caused by insurance companies, they are caused by YOU people in the profession.
I couldn't agree with you more. If medical providers and drug companies didn't gouge us the insurance companies would not have to look for ways to save money.

46zilzal
04-08-2010, 01:54 PM
My wife used to work for a medical supply company and ROUTINELY the mark up on all supplies was over 300%. I would get things there for cost and was amazed at the gouging.

My sister tells me tales of plastic water pitchers, changed everyday whether it was used on not, costing upwards of $15.00 a day to the patients not to mention all the other hidden fees for ridiculous things like linen changing fees.

I send over the counter meds here to cousins in Oregon. We pay $45.00 and there it is Rx costing him over $145.00 as month for the same medication.

yes and there are a bunch of bastards who routinely overcharge.....

I heard a disgusting comment at a seminar a few years back...

"Did she really need that extensive a procedure?"
"No but I needed to get ahead on the boat payments!"

NJ Stinks
04-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Getting back to the topic, two years after my Dad died my Mom gets a $1,300 bill from an ambulance company. This ambulance company took my father from a general hospital to a heart hospital the day before he died - a 10 mile drive at most.

I still haven't forgotten the actual grief this bill caused my mother to revisit over two years after my Dad died. :mad: I told the ambulance company to submit the bill to my father's health insurance company. We never heard another word from the ambulance company and it's been 6 years now since Mom got the bill in the mail.

JustRalph
04-08-2010, 03:20 PM
I worked at a Hospital as a Detective for a while. I had to investigate Hospital related stuff.........

I would sometimes get involved in alleged fraud cases.
I would have to review some patient charges.

This was back in the late 80's, I am sure it is worse now.

Try these :

A days worth of Aspirin doses: $225.00

Percocet 4 times a day: $ 41.00 a pill with cost to the Hospital of .89

Those were the top ones I can remember, it's been awhile

Black Ruby
04-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Bullshit.

So it's okay hedge fund managers to make a billion a year basically for gambling on debt, or the CEO of YUM (KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut) to make $9.6 million in a down year, or the CEO of Humana to make $11 million a year, but somebody who saves your life is making too much, right? Brilliant!

Tom
04-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Don't try to put words in my mouth. Take credit for your own nonsense.
Try to point out in my post where I said that. Read it slowly.....read it twice.
You are not even close on your first pass. For now, forget about trying to formulate an answer to my simple questions about global warming and focus only on this. You can go back to that puzzler later.

46zilzal
04-08-2010, 03:44 PM
So it's okay hedge fund managers to make a billion a year basically for gambling on debt, or the CEO of YUM (KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut) to make $9.6 million in a down year, or the CEO of Humana to make $11 million a year, but somebody who saves your life is making too much, right? Brilliant!
Yes I would love for his nibs to have followed me around the first few years in my practice; 14 to 18 hour days 6 and 7 days per week.

MONEY
04-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Stealing from your investors is bad. Stealing from the ill that have no choice but to use a service/product is also bad.

Tom
04-08-2010, 08:39 PM
My wife used to work for a medical supply company and ROUTINELY the mark up on all supplies was over 300%. I would get things there for cost and was amazed at the gouging.

My sister tells me tales of plastic water pitchers, changed everyday whether it was used on not, costing upwards of $15.00 a day to the patients not to mention all the other hidden fees for ridiculous things like linen changing fees.

I send over the counter meds here to cousins in Oregon. We pay $45.00 and there it is Rx costing him over $145.00 as month for the same medication.

yes and there are a bunch of bastards who routinely overcharge.....

I heard a disgusting comment at a seminar a few years back...

"Did she really need that extensive a procedure?"
"No but I needed to get ahead on the boat payments!"

I'm busy right now, please answer yourself on this one.

One view from one person does not the entire movement make. __________________
"If this world is all about winners, what's for the losers?" Jr. Bonner: "Well somebody's got to hold the horses Ace."

Tom
04-08-2010, 08:41 PM

Not according to our president. OBamadinijhad said that some doctors are ripping out tonsils of kids to pad their billings, and other are chopping the feet off of diabetics just for more cash. Are you calling your president a liar?

ddog
04-08-2010, 08:44 PM
have no reason to doubt him on this one.

after all a biz exists to make money , nothing else matters.

the goal is to make enough quick enough before they catch on to you then you go set up a "clinic" in zimbawe or some hellhole and tap into the welfare/charitable scamming gravy train.

46zilzal
04-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Not according to our president. OBamadinijhad said that some doctors are ripping out tonsils of kids to pad their billings, and other are chopping the feet off of diabetics just for more cash. Are you calling your president a liar?
Limb loss is one of the primary complications of uncontrolled diabetes. It is hardly a rarity.

Tom
04-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Limb loss is one of the primary complications of uncontrolled diabetes. It is hardly a rarity.

rm9jdDHdFV0&feature=related