PDA

View Full Version : The "truth" about truth ....

LottaKash
04-08-2010, 12:06 PM
While persuing some informational sources, I was reminded of this:

Truth is Violently Opposed Before it is Accepted as Self Evident .......

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860) was a German philosopher known for his philosophical clarity..... Concerning "all areas of life", I too, believe he made one of the most valuable observations on the shifting of human views when he stated that all truth goes through three stages:

1 - First, it is ridiiculed.....

2 - Second, it is violently opposed.....

3 - Finally, it is accepted as self evident...

Any thoughts....?

best,

46zilzal
04-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Pasteur, Sister Kenny, the team Dr Barry J. Marshall and Dr J. Robin Warren of Perth, Western Australia who were ridiculed (by big PHARMA relentlessly) to have the audacity to discover a simple bacterium caused the majority of ulcers, etc. etc

GameTheory
04-08-2010, 12:17 PM
While persuing some informational sources, I was reminded of this:

Truth is Violently Opposed Before it is Accepted as Self Evident .......

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860) was a German philosopher known for his philosophical clarity..... Concerning "all areas of life", I too, believe he made one of the most valuable observations on the shifting of human views when he stated that all truth goes through three stages:

1 - First, it is ridiiculed.....

2 - Second, it is violently opposed.....

3 - Finally, it is accepted as self evident...

Any thoughts....?

best,

Absolutely correct. Unfortunately, a lot of falsehoods go through the same process.

boxcar
04-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Even sadder is that The Truth never makes it to stage 3 with most people. People will go their entire lives suppressing The Truth in unrighteousness.

Boxcar

LottaKash
04-08-2010, 01:03 PM
[QUOTE=46zilzal]Pasteur, Sister Kenny, the team Dr Barry J. Marshall and Dr J. Robin Warren of Perth, Western Australia who were ridiculed (by big PHARMA relentlessly) /QUOTE]

46, while we differ in our "political" philosophies, I am with you 100% on the "health" issue part of the "truth"...

I don't want to turn this inot a health-thread, per-se, but, there is much, much truth about what you have said about Big-Pharm and the FDA....As a lung-cancer survivor, since 04', I had turned to "Alternative" medicine, treatment and knowledge, about the prevention and healing of that and many other diseases...And, thru the years, I have learned that the Gov't and the corporations are "still" into the "Ridiculing & Violently Opposing Mode", where others are trying to get at getting at the "truth."....

Unfortunately, most people trust the "powers that be", when it comes to the real truth...As a result, many great clinicians have been ridiculed, threatened, ostracisized, and chased out of this country of ours, simply for stating the "truth"...Many diseases can be cured, alleviated, and prevented, and the powers do not want you to know that....The "truth"

best,

Tape Reader
04-08-2010, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=LottaKash]While persuing some informational sources, I was reminded of this:

- First, it is ridiiculed.....

is the first thing that catches my attention.

ddog
04-08-2010, 08:39 PM
.... is that you don't have a lock on it and there have been many truths that would be disproved later.