PDA

View Full Version : United States vs Cuba

MONEY
04-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Gulfstream
Race #3
:1: . United States, 5/2 has the very good Pletcher/Decarlo combo on his side. If my eyes aren't deceiving me this horse was purchased for 2,000,000 in 2007. He broke his maided easily at today's distance and looks to be the deserving ML favorite.
:2: . Cuba, is 9 years old, and is riding a long losing streak. His has been close in his last 2 against lesser and sports an outstand 13 for 43 record on a fast track.
:3: . Rehoboth 3/1, High percentage trainer Peter Walder has been looking for a spot to run this 7 year old, and he found a tough one. He's only won one of his last 10 and is 1 for 11 at Gulfstream. That win coming against $32,000 open claimers.
:4: . Causeway's Kin 5/1, Is another horse with a high percentage combo, Trujillo/Wolfson. After a nine month layoff his running style was successfully change from presser to get to the front as soon as you can. He broke his maiden last race going away and might be good enough to beat these.
:5: . Lonely Highway 4/1, has won 8 out of 40 in his career, mostly against mid to low priced claimers. He is also only 4 for 26 on a fast track. He has the highest (97) last race Bris speed rating and the top Bris power rating fo today, Also jockey Eddie Castro has ridden him to victory in the past & trainer Bruce Levine is no stranger to the winners circle.
:6: . Star Player 6/1, is only 2 for 20 lifetime and the red hot Paco Lopez is riding. Lost against open $40k last time and would need to improve to compete with these.

I'm not playing the race and only looked at it because of the names. I like the ML favorite #1 to win, but i've been wrong more than a few times in the past.

money