PDA

View Full Version : HollyPark Out of the Box

rmania
07-16-2003, 04:27 PM
The following selections are merely those shown as leading after a half-mile in “VirtualViews” quarter pole view screen.
Since the start of the current Hollywood Park meet, this method of “contender selection” has produced a very good percentage of winners with a positive return on investment.
It should be noted that I am NOT playing today’s selections.

Race 2) #2 Retirees Three – 3rd choice on the ML at 7/2

Race 3) #1 King George W at 30/1 and #8 Elan the 2/1 ML favorite

Race 4) #1 A Real King at 8/1 and #3 Face 2nd choice on the ML at 3/1

Race 8) #6 Legendary Traitors at 3/1 and #10 Lago Maggiore at 5/2

rmania
07-17-2003, 09:56 AM
The following selections are merely those shown as leading after a half-mile in “VirtualView's” quarter pole view screen.
Since the start of the current Hollywood Park meet, this method of “contender selection” has produced a very good percentage of winners with a positive return on investment.

July 17th

R1) #3 Solar Fire - 2/1

R2) #4 Devlish - 7/5

R3) #4 Lucky Pulpit - 5/2, #6 Dinner At Agos - 20/1

R4) #2 Heat of the Moment - 2/1

Yesterday's results -
Races : 4
Winners : 2
Win % : 50.00

Overall results -
Winners : 2
Win % : 50.00

pic6vic
07-17-2003, 10:06 AM
If I read correctly here is what I saw of your results yesterday. Betting $2.00 on each

Race 2 one selection winner $8.40

race 3) 2 selections winner $5.00

race 4) 2 selections both lost

race 8) 2 selections both lost

Total 7 horses at $2 each = $14 return $13.40 for a 60 cent loser

You say you hit 50%, which is true. However you should also say you lost for the day.

Not being critical, just stating the facts.

rmania
07-17-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by pic6vic
You say you hit 50%, which is true. However you should also say you lost for the day. You are absolutley correct. A $2 wager on every horse listed would have resulted in a loss of 60 cents.

Since this "experiment" has nothing to do with handicapping, value hunting or anything else one might explore, I decided to point out win % only.

Having said that I will continue to post win % only regardless if a winner pays $6.00 or $60.00.

Hopefully you see my point.

Tom
07-17-2003, 09:25 PM
My interest is in seeing how the basic program does at picking winners. PRice is something I will decide on later. Obvioulsy, if a program picks 50% winners and nothing over 2-1, I will not be looking at too many longshots it comes up with, but I will be paying attention when it likes 2-1 shot.

rmania
07-17-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Tom
My interest is in seeing how the basic program does at picking winners. PRice is something I will decide on later. Obvioulsy, if a program picks 50% winners and nothing over 2-1, I will not be looking at too many longshots it comes up with, but I will be paying attention when it likes 2-1 shot.
After today we're up to 75% winners with a 3-1 shot in the mix.;)

However the odds have absolutley no effect in what the program displays. If you noticed in my two days of posting there were two double-digit odds horses that I posted.

Tom
07-17-2003, 10:03 PM
I just meant that after enough races are documented, you can look and see how it does. I agree odds are no bearing on what horses are picked.

rmania
07-18-2003, 07:39 AM
The following selections are merely those shown as leading after a half-mile in my “VirtualView” quarter pole view screen. No handicapping was performed.

July 18th

R5) #6 Tunon - 7/2

R6) #4 Xtrasensory - 3/1

R8) #8 Kiala- Even

Yesterday's results -
Winners : 4
Win % : 100.00

Overall results -
Races : 8
Winners : 6
Win % : 75.00

pic6vic
07-18-2003, 10:38 AM
RMANIA

That's better. Now you are giving one horse per race. My personal preference is always one horse per race, regardless of price. It is when someone comes up with 2 horses in a six horse race.

Nice going

rmania
07-18-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by pic6vic
RMANIA

That's better. Now you are giving one horse per race. My personal preference is always one horse per race, regardless of price. It is when someone comes up with 2 horses in a six horse race.

Nice going
Thanks...

Now, the only reason I'll sometimes post two contenders/selections is because the criteria I use (a viewing screen) shows two or more horses on the lead and within a half-length of each other. If there are more than two I try and narrow it down by viewing all three screens. So, basically my multiple entries are the result of a tie.

I've stated that I don't handicap the races and that's a fact. But this is not say that some handicapping has not been performed. The software has done the majority of the handicapping for me. I'm not looking at straight Equibase downloaded data. The data is extensively modfied and presented in a visual format. In other words you could not look at a Racing Form or a typical downloaded past performance file and draw the same conclusions as myself "out of the box". And this what handicapping software should be all about.