PDA

View Full Version : Paddy O'Prado

menifee
04-08-2010, 01:21 AM
I've had two horses that I really liked for the Derby this winter. Odysseus and Paddy O'Prado.

I don't undertand why they took Odysseus to this spot and will be staying away. I wish they had taken him to Hawthorne and given him another dirt start. I don't like him in the Bluegrass and he will be chalky.

Paddy O'Prado was a horse that I watched at the Spa last year. He's been late to grow up and I think he is rapidly improving. He's shown an ability to close from far back or be on the lead. I think you might get at least 6-1 in the Blue Grass. Love his breeding and this horse wants to run all day. Showing good works on the surface. The question about dirt will remain regardless of how he does in the BG, but he is my selection in this spot.

Charlie D
04-08-2010, 01:31 AM
A head strachter for Odysseus fans manifee, but there could be method in the madness, i suppose

PhantomOnTour
04-08-2010, 01:47 AM
Odysseus and Interactif are the only ones who've won more than 1 race, they will be the chalk. The interesting horse for me is Codoy. Johnny V lands here instead of Aikenite, whom he piloted to his lone victory. He finishes well and has a bit of tactical speed in a rather paceless race. Should hustle from his post to stalk Odysseus and Interactif. This field could get strung out with all the closers. Best chance is to sit in the 2nd pack and hope one of the chalks come back to ya. Will get a big jump on the late runners. His lone bad race was in the BC JuvTurf and his figure pattern is nice for his 2nd off layoff attempt. Was tired in his last and got DQ'd but has had about 6wks to recover. We'll see.

Spalding No!
04-08-2010, 02:06 AM
A head strachter for Odysseus fans manifee, but there could be method in the madness, i suppose

I think the connections stated they were more worried about having to ship the horse multiple times than they were about prepping over Polytrack.