PDA

View Full Version : To all the members who keep figures on the take out and handles

Igeteven
04-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Question to all

Does this happen

when the track increase the take out, does the handle go down at the same race track?

Does anyone have any figures out there?

PS Saratoga Mike, help

Horseplayersbet.com
04-08-2010, 09:55 AM
Question to all

Does this happen

when the track increase the take out, does the handle go down at the same race track?

Does anyone have any figures out there?

PS Saratoga Mike, help
NYRA raised takeout last year....they are down more than the industry average.
Calder two years ago increased takeout....they are down more than the industry average.
Tampa Bay has been dropping takeout and outperforming the industry.
Woodbine lowered their takeout slightly on triactors last year, and they outperformed the industry (however being covered by TVG and the US DRFs for the first time, was the main catalyst for their increase in handle).

jballscalls
04-08-2010, 10:14 AM
NYRA raised takeout last year....they are down more than the industry average.
Calder two years ago increased takeout....they are down more than the industry average.
Tampa Bay has been dropping takeout and outperforming the industry.
Woodbine lowered their takeout slightly on triactors last year, and they outperformed the industry (however being covered by TVG and the US DRFs for the first time, was the main catalyst for their increase in handle).

isn't los al way down as well since their hike?

Horseplayersbet.com
04-08-2010, 10:23 AM
It looks that way, but I'm willing to wait to see their reported results first before I add them to the list.
They cut their schedule, and they are running less races per day as well on average, so it makes for apples to apples comparisons very difficult.

Just by comparing raw numbers at Equibase though, it appears they could be down in the neighbourhood of 15-20% from the same race dates last year on average, which would mean that they are underperforming the industry which is down around 10% from last year so far.

As time goes on, I expect their live handle to dwindle as this is what happens when horseplayers leave with less money each day over time.

Igeteven
04-08-2010, 10:52 AM

J ball, we will met soon, I heading to Emerald Downs in July with a stop in Portland, heard your calls yesterday, man, you are great

Lester

jballscalls
04-08-2010, 11:44 AM
J ball, we will met soon, I heading to Emerald Downs in July with a stop in Portland, heard your calls yesterday, man, you are great

Lester

i havent called at Portland in 3 weeks, that was Tracy Barker, but i'll pass along your kudos to him

Igeteven
04-08-2010, 01:28 PM
i havent called at Portland in 3 weeks, that was Tracy Barker, but i'll pass along your kudos to him

Thanks

he very good to

Lester

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: