PDA

View Full Version : what time will zenyatta be racing?????

Zippy Chippy
04-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Trying to figure out what time GD needs to get out work. Anyone have post time?

cj's dad
04-07-2010, 08:39 PM
5:25 EST

6:25 at Oaklawn Park (obviously)

Bruddah
04-07-2010, 08:48 PM

Daddy'O, Hot Springs is Central Standard Time (CST), therefore an hour earlier if your 5:25 EST is correct, it would be 4:25 CST. :ThmbUp:

joanied
04-07-2010, 08:53 PM
:) That's 3:25 Rocky Mtn. Time...gotta check TV listings to find out who is airing the race.

Hey cj's dad....you know how badly I wanted to be there:faint: not just to see Zenyatta, but to get to meet some of you guys here that I've developed a 'relationship' with...and I think you know how I feel about not being able to go--
:( :mad: :faint: :( but...as much as I am envious :blush: of everyone that will be there...

I wish you all one hell of a great old time...good people, good food, good drinks, good racing, good weather, good wagers...
HAVE A :jump: BLAST PA MEMBERS... and maybe think of me stuck here in WY. just one time...when Zenyatta comes under the wire...and takes everyone's breath away:ThmbUp:

Zippy Chippy
04-07-2010, 09:01 PM
I still might go!!!!!

Miss Disco
04-07-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm still going! I'm in AR now and the weather is clearing, it will be a beautiful weekend for Racing. :)

Grits
04-07-2010, 10:20 PM
:) That's 3:25 Rocky Mtn. Time...gotta check TV listings to find out who is airing the race.

Hey cj's dad....you know how badly I wanted to be there:faint: not just to see Zenyatta, but to get to meet some of you guys here that I've developed a 'relationship' with...and I think you know how I feel about not being able to go--
:( :mad: :faint: :( but...as much as I am envious :blush: of everyone that will be there...

I wish you all one hell of a great old time...good people, good food, good drinks, good racing, good weather, good wagers...
HAVE A :jump: BLAST PA MEMBERS... and maybe think of me stuck here in WY. just one time...when Zenyatta comes under the wire...and takes everyone's breath away:ThmbUp:

I WILL be thinking about you Joanie, and missing "that girl who has horse running through her veins" that I had hoped to meet!!! ;)

cpitt84
04-07-2010, 10:51 PM
ESPN right?

pandy
04-07-2010, 11:00 PM
They say they expect 50,000, my guess is it will be more like 70,000. I have had the privilege to see several great horses close up and in person, Affirmed, Forego, John Henry, Ruffian, Seattle Slew, Secretariat, are a few that come to mind. There hasn't been a truly great horse since Cigar retired in 1996, so this is a rare opportunity for fans who live in proximity of Oaklawn Park to come out and see one of the greatest horses of all time. If Zenyatta was racing anywhere within 100 miles of me, I'd be there. You never forget seeing these superstars.

By the way, on my website I posted the Diamond/Formula System KICK ratings for Zenyatta's last start, which showed that in the B. C. Classic, she had a Formula Kick rating of 122, which is freaky and the best I've seen (I didn't have the system when Secretariat raced). Outstanding sustained GR1 horses normally run 105-110. At 10 furlongs the Kick rating is rated for the last 6 furlongs. Zenyatta's 122 Kick rating shows that her closing speed is truly astonishing. I think the fact that's she so big is deceptive and is why not everyone realizes how good she is. If she were 15 hands, her legs would be spinning like crazy to go that fast. But with her long stride, she looks like she's going slower than she is, but her finishing Kick is without doubt one of the most potent in the history of the sport. The only horse I can think of that could consistently finish that fast at 10 furlongs or more was Secretariat. Forego of course had a big kick, but at shorter distances.

eastie
04-08-2010, 01:53 AM

obviously...lol also 5:25 EDT, not EST
oak 4:25 CDT

cj's dad
04-08-2010, 08:43 AM
:blush:

No wonder I'm always late to work !!

Gorgeous George
04-08-2010, 08:59 AM
00.30 ireland time

horses4courses
04-08-2010, 09:07 AM
00.30 ireland time

2225 GMT (Irish time)

Stevie Belmont
04-08-2010, 09:38 AM
I'm kind of happy Rachel Alexandra is not ready for the Apple Blossom.

It's on a Friday during rush hour for one, so many would have missed it—the casual fan and people who have mild interest in it anyway.

With the the Tiger Woods madness in full gear at the Masters—the race would have been an after thought by many.

Hopefully it will happen down the road—not going to hold my breath.

Maybe Tiger can go against Zenyatta—give him a head start turning for home in a golf cart.

Now that would be a ratings blockbuster!

Nikki1997
04-08-2010, 09:52 AM
They say they expect 50,000, my guess is it will be more like 70,000. I have had the privilege to see several great horses close up and in person, Affirmed, Forego, John Henry, Ruffian, Seattle Slew, Secretariat, are a few that come to mind. There hasn't been a truly great horse since Cigar retired in 1996, so this is a rare opportunity for fans who live in proximity of Oaklawn Park to come out and see one of the greatest horses of all time. If Zenyatta was racing anywhere within 100 miles of me, I'd be there. You never forget seeing these superstars.

By the way, on my website I posted the Diamond/Formula System KICK ratings for Zenyatta's last start, which showed that in the B. C. Classic, she had a Formula Kick rating of 122, which is freaky and the best I've seen (I didn't have the system when Secretariat raced). Outstanding sustained GR1 horses normally run 105-110. At 10 furlongs the Kick rating is rated for the last 6 furlongs. Zenyatta's 122 Kick rating shows that her closing speed is truly astonishing. I think the fact that's she so big is deceptive and is why not everyone realizes how good she is. If she were 15 hands, her legs would be spinning like crazy to go that fast. But with her long stride, she looks like she's going slower than she is, but her finishing Kick is without doubt one of the most potent in the history of the sport. The only horse I can think of that could consistently finish that fast at 10 furlongs or more was Secretariat. Forego of course had a big kick, but at shorter distances.

I will be there tomorrow and am so looking forward to it.

The bolded part: BINGO!

cj's dad
04-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Maybe Tiger can go against Zenyatta—give him a head start turning for home in a golf cart.

Now that would be a ratings blockbuster!

Sure would - I can see the promo - Tiger in hot pursuit of another female !!

Shelby
04-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Hey everyone! I'm on the way to hot springs as I type this from my blackberry! I tried and tried to get seating tix but to no avail. Guess ill get in line at crack oF dawn and hope for the best. I am so excited to see each and every horse in person and I would pee my pants if I got an autograph from Calvin and mike!

joanied
04-08-2010, 10:22 AM
I WILL be thinking about you Joanie, and missing "that girl who has horse running through her veins" that I had hoped to meet!!! ;)

Thanks, Grits :) ...who knows, maybe one day we will meet...once again...have an absolutely incredible time:jump: :jump: :jump:

joanied
04-08-2010, 10:24 AM
ESPN right?

HRTV and on Saturday...both HRTV and NBC

Gorgeous George
04-09-2010, 06:42 AM
2225 GMT (Irish time)

Arkansas is 6 hours behind GMT time over here in ireland and britain, right???
So that would make the race on at 00.25???

Joey D
04-09-2010, 08:16 AM
From the Oaklawn website:

•One Mile And One Eighth
•STAKES
•First Half Late Daily Double / Exacta / 50 Cent Trifecta
•6:25PM
pgm horse weight jockey trainer odds
1 Be Fair 120 Calvin H. Borel D. Wayne Lukas 8-1
2 Taptam 117 M. Clifton Berry W. Bret Calhoun 10-1
3 War Echo 120 Shaun Bridgmohan Steven M. Asmussen 7-2
4 Zenyatta 123 Mike E. Smith John A. Shirreffs 3-5
5 Just Jenda 120 Terry J. Thompson Cindy Jones 3-1

That makes it 7:25 Eastern and 4:25 for us out here on the Left Coast..DRF.com is streaming live beginning at 6:55 Eastern

InTheRiver68
04-09-2010, 09:24 AM

Are you guys kidding me?

Oaklawn's 10th is at 6:25pm CDT. Stop with the "CST" and "EST", we're in Daylight Saving Time.

On the east coast, ADD an hour. The race posts at 7:25 EDT.

And in case we need more translation, that's 5:25pm MDT, and 4:25pm PDT.

- InTheRiver68

cj's dad
04-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Are you guys kidding me?

Oaklawn's 10th is at 6:25pm CDT. Stop with the "CST" and "EST", we're in Daylight Saving Time.

On the east coast, ADD an hour. The race posts at 7:25 EDT.

And in case we need more translation, that's 5:25pm MDT, and 4:25pm PDT.

- InTheRiver68

Thanks for the clarification !!

Hopefully in the next few years you will not make a mistake in any of your postings !!

horses4courses
04-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Arkansas is 6 hours behind GMT time over here in ireland and britain, right???
So that would make the race on at 00.25???
Hey cj....you won't the only guy to get it wrong.
I fed george some bad info....nobody's perfect!

cj's dad
04-11-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm convinced some of these guys sit in their parent's basement and while getting ready to go to work at a fast food joint, get their rocks off picking someone apart for a mistake !! :faint:

Gorgeous George
04-12-2010, 04:19 AM
I'm convinced some of these guys sit in their parent's basement and while getting ready to go to work at a fast food joint, get their rocks off picking someone apart for a mistake !! :faint:

No ones picking anyone apart, you obviously dont take too kindly to being wrong. Thankfully you both were corrected so some of us didnt miss the race.