PDA

View Full Version : Daily Analysis 4-7

willphorse
04-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Not too much going on today, Wednesday April 7th. Only A few tracks racing, but usual Wednesday cards can lead to some profitable longshots opportunities. First the Analysis will head to Dover.

Dover Downs holds a 15 race card for this evening. The early Daily Double (Races 1 and 2) looks cheap, even if the 1st race (a 6 horse field of 3 Year Old Trotters) provides a longer-shot winner. The 2nd race looks cheap, as the 5 Model Legs, the 6/5 Morning Line favorite, makes 2nd start off the layoff for the Teague Barn, and Callahan is in the bike! Only has 1 loss in the young fillies career, which was last week, finishing 3rd in the 1st start back since December. The 3rd race look like 1 of those races in which to bet for a longshot winner. NW1LT Pace, full of 1st timers, and horses that can't get out of there own way. There is no Double or Pick 3 wager here, so look for some Longshot opportunities in the Exacta and Trifecta pools. An interesting horse in the 3rd, is 3 Northern Dragon., who has the pedigree, out of Dragon Again. Only needed 1 Qual to prove some talent, winning the Qualifier in a stout 2:00. Not a big fan of Art Stafford, but here... a maybe. Another Longshot Opportunity looks eminent in Race 10. A NW2LT Pace, 8 horse field. The favorite here at 2/1 looks very tough, but why bet a cheap, 2/1 Favorite with a career record of 8-1-3-0? Too many runner-up's for me. Especially at a small price. This is a good race to bet most horses over 5 or 6-1.

On to Pocono Downs. Pocono has a 14 race card with the beginning post time of 6:30 EST. There are some good drivers in town this evening! The 1st race looks chalky, with the 4 Day Lily Hanover leading the bunch. David Miller comes to town, driving the 3 Yr old Filly shipper from the Meadowlands. Facing better there, shipping to central Pennsylvania, drawing a weak field, is a good way to pick up a nice check. Race 2 is a field of 9 WEAK Trotters. Breakers left and right, so expect Longshot in this race. My Longshot in this race is the 9 Unser Diamant. Horse is yet to show anything really, but who in this race has? Shows 3 wins last year, banking $32,000, and has shown the ability to go 1:59 at Yonkers. That can transfer over to a good mile here, with the right trip. As far as a Longshot SHOW Wager, check out the 6th race. 2 Thumbprint ships into town, and picks up Yanick Gingras. Banked $44,000 last year, and yet is still to show anything this year... but gets good post draw, and good driver in the sulky. Will be about 50-1 most likely. Again, just a longshot SHOW opportunity.

The Meadows also has a 13 race card for today. Not really much going on here though. In Race 1 Merriman gets a good drive on the 3 JB Ingot, who is making 3rd start off layoff, is rounding into form, and is improving. Yet to show a win, but 6/1 ML is a little TOO Generous. In Race 5, Tony Hall draws the rail on 1 Drive By, who is in great form, and has been racing great at this class, yet still can't muster any lower odds than 8-1? Hopefully the odds stay up! Last opportunity in my eyes for this evening here at The Meadows is in Race 9. The 3 BS Surgin Don shows some talent, although 0-10 this year, the Gelding was able to stir up a 7 for 24 record last year, banking $31,000. Looks like this barn is content with just picking up checks, but seems to me like horse wants more, and is ready to graduate to higher levels!

Again, not much really going on tonight other than a few longshot opportunities at select tracks. ToeToe led the forum here to a nice $83.00 winner at Pocono yesterday, so the opportunites are out there. Just get the money detector and magnifying glass out, and lets get to work :cool: . Good Luck to all, and Good racing!

willphorse
04-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Not too much going on today, Wednesday April 7th. Only A few tracks racing, but usual Wednesday cards can lead to some profitable longshots opportunities. First the Analysis will head to Dover.

Dover Downs holds a 15 race card for this evening. The early Daily Double (Races 1 and 2) looks cheap, even if the 1st race (a 6 horse field of 3 Year Old Trotters) provides a longer-shot winner. The 2nd race looks cheap, as the 5 Model Legs, the 6/5 Morning Line favorite, makes 2nd start off the layoff for the Teague Barn, and Callahan is in the bike! Only has 1 loss in the young fillies career, which was last week, finishing 3rd in the 1st start back since December. The 3rd race look like 1 of those races in which to bet for a longshot winner. NW1LT Pace, full of 1st timers, and horses that can't get out of there own way. There is no Double or Pick 3 wager here, so look for some Longshot opportunities in the Exacta and Trifecta pools. An interesting horse in the 3rd, is 3 Northern Dragon., who has the pedigree, out of Dragon Again. Only needed 1 Qual to prove some talent, winning the Qualifier in a stout 2:00. Not a big fan of Art Stafford, but here... a maybe. Another Longshot Opportunity looks eminent in Race 10. A NW2LT Pace, 8 horse field. The favorite here at 2/1 looks very tough, but why bet a cheap, 2/1 Favorite with a career record of 8-1-3-0? Too many runner-up's for me. Especially at a small price. This is a good race to bet most horses over 5 or 6-1.

On to Pocono Downs. Pocono has a 14 race card with the beginning post time of 6:30 EST. There are some good drivers in town this evening! The 1st race looks chalky, with the 4 Day Lily Hanover leading the bunch. David Miller comes to town, driving the 3 Yr old Filly shipper from the Meadowlands. Facing better there, shipping to central Pennsylvania, drawing a weak field, is a good way to pick up a nice check. Race 2 is a field of 9 WEAK Trotters. Breakers left and right, so expect Longshot in this race. My Longshot in this race is the 9 Unser Diamant. Horse is yet to show anything really, but who in this race has? Shows 3 wins last year, banking $32,000, and has shown the ability to go 1:59 at Yonkers. That can transfer over to a good mile here, with the right trip. As far as a Longshot SHOW Wager, check out the 6th race. 2 Thumbprint ships into town, and picks up Yanick Gingras. Banked $44,000 last year, and yet is still to show anything this year... but gets good post draw, and good driver in the sulky. Will be about 50-1 most likely. Again, just a longshot SHOW opportunity.

The Meadows also has a 13 race card for today. Not really much going on here though. In Race 1 Merriman gets a good drive on the 3 JB Ingot, who is making 3rd start off layoff, is rounding into form, and is improving. Yet to show a win, but 6/1 ML is a little TOO Generous. In Race 5, Tony Hall draws the rail on 1 Drive By, who is in great form, and has been racing great at this class, yet still can't muster any lower odds than 8-1? Hopefully the odds stay up! Last opportunity in my eyes for this evening here at The Meadows is in Race 9. The 3 BS Surgin Don shows some talent, although 0-10 this year, the Gelding was able to stir up a 7 for 24 record last year, banking $31,000. Looks like this barn is content with just picking up checks, but seems to me like horse wants more, and is ready to graduate to higher levels!

Again, not much really going on tonight other than a few longshot opportunities at select tracks. ToeToe led the forum here to a nice $83.00 winner at Pocono yesterday, so the opportunites are out there. Just get the money detector and magnifying glass out, and lets get to work :cool: . Good Luck to all, and Good racing!

Recap of tonight's actions. At Dover, the 1st race winner paid well, as $25.00 horse Status Symbol wins. Unfortunately we couldn't catch back end as Model Legs finishes 2nd at 1/9. In the 3rd, there was 1 Longshot that finished 2nd, leading to a $1 Tri payoff of $93.00, unfortunately, once again, I did not have my "Key" in the money. Not quite the race I was expecting, but not too bad of a Tri Payoff if you had it. The last "opinion" for Dover tonight was to bet all horses over 5-1 in the 10th race. We did catch this, a $15.20 winner, at 6-1. The cost of the wager would have been $14.00, so not much of a profit, but if narrowed down a little more, it def. could have been fairly profitable.

Pocono was an exciting night! Started the night with an easy $2.20 winner in Day Lily Hanover. It was very chalky, as expected, but the horse was much the best, and deserved odds on the toteboard. Was not quite DEAD ON in the 2nd, but close enough. Expected Longshot, and did catch nice priced horses if you found the diamond in the rough. My *KEY* Unser Diamant raced very well, finishing 3rd for a SHOW price of $7.40. A little better of a trip, and it could have led to boxcar payoff. Also... In the 6th race, the "analysis" led to a SHOW wager on Thumbprint. That led to a $3.80 payoff. Not the odds I was expecting, but the trip and race! Easy winner Jessalilmixup paid $3.40 in that same race.

On to The Meadows. In the 1st, the selection was 3 JB Ingot, with Aaron Merriman in the bike. The horse went off at 10-1, and finished out of the money. Just not the horse I was expecting. Next selection was in Race 5, with 1 Drive By. Odds dropped to 5-1, and horse just didnt race well. Tony just couldn't get the wheels turning! The last "analysis" of the did led to Race 9 with the 3 BS Surgin Don. The odds stayed the same from ML to Post Time. Mike Wilder could only get this horse in for the SHOW position for a small payoff of $2.80.

Well after looking at the evening, many races went as expected, but not much in the way of "action". Was close on a few "Boxcar" payoffs, and had a nice shot at Dover in the 2nd for a decent DD, with a $25.00 winner in the 1st, but that too fell apart. Somewhat of a slow evening, but tomorrow, the "BIG" Tracks are racing, which will lead to a great deal of wagers :)

Good Luck