PDA

View Full Version : Free Books (postage only)

Dave Schwartz
04-07-2010, 12:33 PM
I was cleaning my garage and saw a stack of books I need to work through.

The following are free to a good home. (All books are in brand new condition.) You must pay the shipping cost.

Handicapping the Wall Street Way
$4 shipping

Handicapping for Bettor or Worse
$5 shipping

The Drunkard's Walk
$5 shipping

The 80/20 Principle
$5 shipping

There will be more to come.

Just email or PM me or call the office 775.825.0260 with address and credit card info.

Greyfox
04-07-2010, 12:37 PM
I can throw anything out of my house almost, except a book.
That I consider bordering on sin (for me).;)

Dave Schwartz
04-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Foxie,

I know what you mean. But I have BOXES of them. I spend almost $2k a year on books!

That's why they need a good home. <G>

Dave

JustRalph
04-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Dave, you need a Kindle

Buckeye
04-07-2010, 08:48 PM
I can throw anything out of my house almost, except a book.
That I consider bordering on sin (for me).;)

Good point, are we Authors? Get in line and write a book before assuming the Right to reject or destroy.

I completely agree with the sin part.

It's a VERY short line. If you choose to make a comment, first you'll need to go back to the back of the line and write your First book!

Keep every book you ever owned.

The best horse will (probably) win the Derby despite trouble real or imagined. This is not true because I say it is, It's true because that's reality. Has been and logically will be.

Handiman
04-07-2010, 09:43 PM
I don't need a book to teach me to walk Drunk. I mastered that all on my own...:lol:

Handi:)

nalley0710
04-08-2010, 12:57 AM
I'd be interested in the drunkards walk and 80/20 principle. PM me your paypal and I will send your $. Thanks.

Dave Schwartz
04-08-2010, 01:17 AM
Sorry... but those titles are spoken for - just received a PM a few minutes before you.

Buckeye
04-08-2010, 06:42 PM
I don't need a book to teach me to walk Drunk. I mastered that all on my own...:lol:

Handi:)

Congratulations! What else can you do? write a book? Name a book about anything (walking?) and just throw it out because you already know how to do that, and even I can do that. Possibly you know almost everything written by any author, and if so, you don't need books.

Meanwhile Socrates wrote in The Apology he knew nothing.

Robert Goren
04-08-2010, 07:17 PM
The great thing about sarcasm is that there is always someone who thinks you are serious.;)

Dave Schwartz
04-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Congratulations! What else can you do? write a book? Name a book about anything (walking?) and just throw it out because you already know how to do that, and even I can do that. Possibly you know almost everything written by any author, and if so, you don't need books.

Geez, Buckeye... it was meant as humor!

tzipi
04-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Yeah Buckeye, pretty clearly Handiman made a joke. I laughed at it. Thought it was pretty good Handiman :ThmbUp:

I enjoyed Handicapping the Wall Street Way. Simple handicapping but smart.

GameTheory
04-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Yeah Buckeye, pretty clearly Handiman made a joke. I laughed at it. Thought it was pretty good Handiman :ThmbUp:

I enjoyed Handicapping the Wall Street Way. Simple handicapping but smart.AUGH! Worst book ever. It only cost like $10 but the anger I feel at my stolen time and money is immense. Nothing smart in this book. Hate hate hate it.

Buckeye
04-09-2010, 07:26 PM
possibly my objections to "a joke" I didn't get --include-- a little politeness goes a long way.

I'm not here to discourage throwing out things. If it's a published book, I'd think twice about that.

tzipi
04-09-2010, 08:17 PM
AUGH! Worst book ever. It only cost like $10 but the anger I feel at my stolen time and money is immense. Nothing smart in this book. Hate hate hate it.

You know what, I agree it wasn't the greatest book on handicapping. But it did teach a simple lesson how to pay attention to tote action and picking up on overlays, especially on maidens I think. It's a very small book with not alot of info or in depth info but I just though for begginers, it's not bad. Just based on it's lessons on tote action for maidens. But yes I agree in terms of if you want a book to teach you alot or get deep into the world of handicapping, this book is NOT it.

Dave Schwartz
04-09-2010, 09:04 PM
okay... so I am getting these messages and calls. Everyone is GOING to send me the information to complete the orders but never seems to do it.

I am changing the rules.

All the books are still available. Call me, pm or email me with your information. First come, first served.

Remember that I run a business... I am not going to fraudulently charge you more than the postage. LOL And I promise I won't double-bill the postage.

Dave

Dave Schwartz
04-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Drunkards Walk and 80/20 are gone.

Mr. Coty, the email I got from your telephone message bounced. Please call again. Today after 10am pacific would work.

Dave Schwartz
04-10-2010, 01:48 PM
All books are gone.