PDA

View Full Version : Treatment befitting a Queen

Grits
04-06-2010, 06:45 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/111957.html

joanied
04-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks, Grits...good story on Z's arrival...there was a photo on the cover of the Bloodhorse magazine last year of Zenyatta and I saw something white in her ear...I thought it must be cotton, but it could also have been white hair... I was going to ask here if anyone knew if they used cotton in her ears, but never did ask...now I know they do use cotton.

I'm really excited for everyone here that is going to be at Oaklawn...and although I never feel sorry for myself...think this time I may make an exception to that rule... whaaaaaaa:( :bang: :( I wanna be there too:faint:

Deepsix
04-06-2010, 06:58 PM
I used to have a DRF subscription and could view these links.... but I no longer have DRF so the link comes up empty. Just a FYI.

Grits
04-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Frank Leal, an assistant to trainer John Shirreffs, and Zenyatta's groom, Mario Espinoza, accompanied Zenyatta. Leal said the abrupt landing at the airport, where brakes and reverse thrust have to be applied aggressively because of a short runway, got Zenyatta stirred up.

"She was a little excited," Leal said as he walked Zenyatta in a grassy area between barns in the Oaklawn stable area. "But she's good now."

Joanie, don't you know she was wishing her cotton was in each ear when the pilot was landing that 727 on the short Hot Springs strip? Bet she got antsy as hell when those thrusters revved. :lol: LOLOL:lol:

Big Girl thinking . . . . "HOLY SHIT!!! Boys, we ain't done this in a while, have y'all lost your minds bringing me here? Get me outta this winged crate."

joanied
04-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Joanie, don't you know she was wishing her cotton was in each ear when the pilot was landing that 727 on the short Hot Springs strip? Bet she got antsy as hell when those thrusters revved. :lol: LOLOL:lol:

Big Girl thinking . . . . "HOLY SHIT!!! Boys, we ain't done this in a while, have y'all lost your minds bringing me here? Get me outta this winged crate."

oh yeah...for sure, for sure...maybe they did have the cotton in...I woulda used it for her...hard on the legs too I imagine, when the plane lurches, then starts it's stop...and I woulda been right there with her..."get me outta here"...I wonder if she's as claustrophobic as I am...horses naturally hate small enclosed spaces...let's see, some Ace for Z, some valium for me:lol:

Spalding No!
04-06-2010, 07:29 PM
I used to have a DRF subscription and could view these links.... but I no longer have DRF so the link comes up empty. Just a FYI.

It should be free. You just need to set up a free account with a username and password.

Deepsix
04-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Hmmm, thanks, I'll see if the old info still gets me access.

Deepsix
04-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Hey... it still works. DRF still lets me view the news. Thanks.

Grits
04-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Joanie, yep, that cotton's in those ears, its visable in her photo coming off the plane. Musta still been really tough for her. LOLOLLLLLLLLLLL

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Wow...400 people showed up to greet her at the airport? That's awesome...that beats the attendance at some tracks these days...

Too bad Rachel didn't show...this could have been some race...

WinterTriangle
04-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Wow...400 people showed up to greet her at the airport?

That most likely exceeds the parking facilities at that airport LOL

WinterTriangle
04-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Too bad Rachel didn't show...

I'm sure since you like her you might wanna change that to "couldn't" show. ;)

If there was any part of the horse who wanted to, we will never know. I bet if they asked Rachel, she might have said: Hey I did pretty well for myself.....I'll give this a shot!"

What *could* have happened, if this wasn't such a grudge match in so many people's eyes, is that both horses could have "shown up" for their public, and it wouldn't have mattered if RA or Zen won or not. Believe me, most of the people who were streaming into town for the race just wanted to see them race in the same field, and just see them period.

IMHO, that's what really sucks here. Most "fans" would have just been happy to see them.