PDA

View Full Version : INS arrests 16 in Spa raid

WINMANWIN
07-16-2003, 12:22 AM
INS arrests 16 in Spa raid
By KAREN M. JOHNSON
Sixteen backstretch workers were arrested after a sweep of Saratoga Race Course early Tuesday morning by the Immigration Naturalization Services.
The workers, all adult males, did not have the proper documentation to permit them to live and work in the United States, the INS said. Ten men were from Mexico, four from Chile, and two from Guatemala. They were taken into custody by INS officials and were being processed for deportation on Tuesday.

Amy Otten, a spokesperson for Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said the raid took place at 3 a.m. Tuesday. The local police accompanied the INS officials when the arrests were made. The INS would not reveal the names of the trainers who employed the arrested men.

Several years ago at Saratoga, a similar INS operation resulted in some trainers being fined for employing undocumented workers.

kenwoodall
07-16-2003, 12:58 AM
This could be big if trainers are fired! Please let us know what happens!

gino
07-16-2003, 01:54 AM
shocking...

VetScratch
07-16-2003, 04:22 AM
I doubt that the INS idiots hung around to take care of the horses. Sure as hell, Saratogans are NOT willing to fill those positions.

Horseracing is one industry where illegal aliens are NOT taking jobs away from qualified U.S. citizens. Getting barn help is often harder than getting horses. Not many American kids are raised around horses, and fewer still want a job that starts at 5:00am, 7 days a week, where the pay is low but the work is hard.

More than likely, one jealous trainer ratted out some others, because 20 aliens barely scratched the surface. Twenty illegal Latins is only four tiny rooms in the living quarters on most backsides.

I agree with Gino ... shocking! When will the government get its head out it's a** and spend our tax dollars wisely! Or at least I think I agree with Gino:) .

hurrikane
07-16-2003, 09:08 AM
Key word is ILLEGAL!!!!!

I think they need to spend a lot more dollars and get the illegals out of the country.

VetScratch
07-16-2003, 09:57 AM
Then you better deport the horses with them!

freeneasy
07-16-2003, 01:03 PM
then thats what it takes.
i was down in one of the predominently mexican la areas yesterday and it had the same look it had 10 years ago. beat up, run down grafetti covered shops and stores, litter, trash, garbage and filth all over the sidewalks, gutters and streets, and the allyways all brimming with heaps and stacks of more of the same but only in triple the amounts, street vendors, more then likely as illegal as hell, everywhere. yeah, a complete, total and absolute asset, thats what i was saying to myself. why so many people would not want to have their communities and neighborhoods transformed into the complete, total and absolute shitpits that these illegals turn their neighborhoods into is beyond me. some things are just so pleasing to the eye it just makes you want more of the same for your block. take a spin thru one of these neighborhoods and then take a spin thru tiajauna and tell me if you see any difference in appearence, any difference at all. then come to la and live in it. and its way more then just that, way, way more.

gino
07-16-2003, 01:37 PM
free-
so are u pissed off because you live in a third world country, but you're paying first world prices, or do u just not like Mexicans?
either way i can help, i just optioned a block of timeshares in a really bitchin' beachfront condo complex just south of Monrovia...no, not SoCal Monrovia...the one in Liberia, and i'm looking for a property manager who won't put up with pink flamingoes out front...
if that doesn't interest u, how 'bout u and me catch the Green Tortoise or the Big Dog back to Saratoga, and we'll get a job walkin' hots...
then we can post the inside dope on PA, and be big heroes to the shut-ins, the sleep deprived, the malcontents, and random resident wizards who would be in awe of us backstretchers....
Vamanos!!
"chino"
"desea usted el bistec bien cocido?"

VetScratch
07-16-2003, 01:54 PM
Freeaneasy,

You would have to be licensed to walk through the backside neighborhood where the boys/men live, three to six in a tiny room, and work 7 days per week, 10 to 12 months per year.

They send money back to families in rural regions of Mexico that attract few tourists. None of them could afford to house and support their families in the U.S. on what they make at the track. However, if they stayed home they would have to work for much less, primarily for Americans (mostly Mormons) who own vast regions of rural Mexico.

Where in most racetrack venues do you propose to find workers that horseracing can afford and that have worked with horses and livestock all their lives?

Only about seven tracks in North America operate more like mainstream America, and they are prohibitively expensive for 8 out of 10 horses racing today.

You sound like the kind of jerk who tells his kids that they will never need a second language to succeed in this new century.

hurrikane
07-16-2003, 02:00 PM
I reiterate. Key Work ---- ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!!!

VetScratch
07-16-2003, 02:12 PM
Hurrikane,
Legal = Too Expensive for 8 out 10 horses!

PaceAdvantage
07-16-2003, 05:17 PM
I think when certain people in certain government positions have problems with NYRA, they send the INS into the backstretch. This has happened more than once in the past. I seem to remember at that time, there was some controversy going on between NYRA and some gov't higher up.....

Now we have Spitzer chomping on NYRA's butt...and lo and behold, the INS shows up at Saratoga, right before their meet starts....very interesting....

hurrikane
07-16-2003, 05:30 PM
ok...is there something you don't understand about the word...ILLEGAL?

I have no problem if they are in this country legally. If they are not they are breaking the law and should be deported. That's most of the problem with the INS...when they finally do something people start complaining.

I guess it's ok for illegal muslims to be deported. But who would work in the 7-11s of the world. Oh my gosh..how will we survive.

Give me a break. ILLEGAL...is ILLEGAL!!!!

Is there something about that word you don't understand or are you saying these people should live by different laws?

Derek2U
07-16-2003, 05:43 PM
Yeah hurricane but I think that bossy boots Spitzer is behind
this raid. That F should be made to replace the 16 deportees.
Maybe even cheney & rumsfeld could walk the horses.

VetScratch
07-16-2003, 08:14 PM
Hurrikane,
I agree with you in principle, but every time I read about the INS it is selective enforcement, and a chicken-shit raid tipped off by an informant. Big headlines for a cheap shot!

Do they sweep LA door-to-door and round up 200,000 illegals who have actually moved here lock-stock-and-barrel. No, they storm four rooms at the track and drag off 16 workers who have learned just enough about the U.S. not to bring a family here unless members can qualify for better employment. In the meantime, what they send home supports a whole family in the backwaters of Mexico.

What angers backsiders, who are in town for the local racemeet, is that the INS conveniently ignores the meatpacking plants, food processors, and canneries that are protected by the political clout of established businessmen. It's like travelling with a circus or carnival, all the local rubes are dangerous!

Tom
07-16-2003, 08:42 PM
I hear you. Must be a hard word to understand.
Point being, there is no excuse to break the law just to get someone to take care of your horses. If you can't afford to pay enough to get people to work for you, then you better go through channels and get those who will do it in here legally.
Maybe horse racing isn't the game you should be in.
What's next, we let restaraunts hire al lthe illegal they need cause things are expensive, then we let Nike bring thier kids over here to wrok in local hellholes, and hey, gardeners don't make muck, so hell, bringin som eillegals to that grunt work.
Franky, the INS should be checking out the backsides every week.
There is NO EXCUSE to allow illegals anywhere in this country.
Go through channels, come here legally, fine...but break the law, go to jail.

superfecta
07-17-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Tom
I hear you. Must be a hard word to understand.
Point being, there is no excuse to break the law just to get someone to take care of your horses. If you can't afford to pay enough to get people to work for you, then you better go through channels and get those who will do it in here legally.
Maybe horse racing isn't the game you should be in.
What's next, we let restaraunts hire al lthe illegal they need cause things are expensive, then we let Nike bring thier kids over here to wrok in local hellholes, and hey, gardeners don't make muck, so hell, bringin som eillegals to that grunt work.
Franky, the INS should be checking out the backsides every week.
There is NO EXCUSE to allow illegals anywhere in this country.
Go through channels, come here legally, fine...but break the law, go to jail. Be realistic Tom,we would love to live in a perfect world,but since we live in a capitalistic country,the dollar makes the rules.

VetScratch
07-17-2003, 01:48 AM
LEGAL.

I agree in principle, and this racing issue is the only such issue that I feel ambiguous about. I can't help rooting for the horses.

freeneasy
07-17-2003, 02:01 AM
i just got home from a pretty tough day. a long day, taking care of my clientel. all my customers are happy. they are overly satisfied with the professionalism and throughness that goes into my work as well as being quite pleased with my prices.
i have a good bussiness. worked hard to develope the customer base that i now have.
as my bussiness has increased ive been able to add to my list of tools and equipment and slowly ive been able to offer my clients the best service available using the best equipment available.
i put in a lot of effort, gotten up early in the mourning and worked long into the nite to put this bussiness together and make it work as best i can. and it has been worth every minute and every mile. but i fear the worst.
just as ive gone thru 4 or 5 carreir changes to get to this point i fear that sooner or later i shall be forced once again to make yet another carrer change. not of my own choseing but out of nessecity.

( i started off as a tile setter, good money there, but as the jobs got tougher to find the reason became more clear, my boss tom couldnt compete with the bids that the illigals were coming in at. he closed up shop and went back to michigan hoping to get away from their cutting his throat out.
so i got a job as a laborer on a construction site and learned how to frame and i became a framer. and as i struck out on my own i found that more and more illigal mexicans were on just about every job site that you went to and that if you wanted to work then you had to work for the same wadges that the mexicans were willing to work for or you just beat it on down the line. hmm lets see now, from $17 an hr. to $7.50 an hr? i beat it on down the line. kiss my ass.
so i got a job in earthquake and foundation removal and repair. lifting houses off their footings, removing and replacing and or repairing their foundations. worked my way up to foreman. the boss eventally fired the guys i was working with and hired 2 crews of non english speaking mexicans to train. i got em trained all riite, trained so good to the point where i trained myself right out of a job. mr. jose and mr pedro were now the new formans on the job making like $6.50 an hr. up from making $5.00 an hr. no lie
then i went into masonary work with a buddy of mine, charlie. the guy knew how to make you laugh. that was hard work, laying brick and stone and doing all the tending. but the man paid me right so i didnt mind the hard work. well same thing. just could not compete with all the illeagle ailiens cut-throating just about every bid we put in. i mean charlie would put his bid in and nearly every single time the homeowner would get back to charlie and have something to say like, oh, well of coarse we'd prefer to have you contract the job but mr. paco here put his bid in at close to $2000 less then yours, so if you want the job then you'll have to bring your bid down to a more reasonable number. well no profit to be made here charlie would say. you want cadillac you take my bid, you want chevy you take theirs. charlie went back to indiana and is doing just fine out there.
so i became a trucker, long haul, big rig, 18 wheeler, white line driver, white line fever, black ice, anybody out there got their ears on? copy?, well c'mon then. whats your handle driver? venice the menice. ( that was my handle) hello darrrrlin, hows my little dearheart this fine day? how long you been on the road? where you headed? got kids? oh yeah. dont even talk to me about all the once illeagal mexicans practically flooding out the entire trucking industry with their skills driven rig.
welp iam gettin killed here to cause i just cant get a raise from the white man cause these mexican fellows can and will be more then glad to take your everlovin place at the wheel, and thats what the big boss told me when i asked him for a penny and a half raise per mile. venice the menice, out.
then i worked as a sideman and drove a trash truck for the city of s.m. )

and i say out of nessescity simply because 95 % of the time, and this is no exxageration, when i pull up to a job site or whenever i drive by a construction job site its all mexicans doing all the work. these people are everywhere, thousands and thousands of them. their like ants, therir everywhere. you can not drive by a construction site, any contruction site without seeing first hand, that all the grade work, all the foundation work, concrete work, all the framing, roofing, drywalling, stucco work, door and window hanging, painting, gardening, and plumbing work is all being done by the mexicans.
oh wait, did i say plumbing. gee thats what my line of work happens to be. and heres what it is.
you probably cant count the number of mexicans that are flooding non stop into the plumbing market. day in day out. and its not going to stop.
and as i said, i do fear that i will find myself in an all out fight with these people to stay alive. fighting their never ending numbers, fighting the low grade of quality work they do, fighting and possibly having to compete with the low ass prices they charge for their low grade work. fighting to keep my bussiness alive, to keep it from going under as they will certinly offer much lower rates then i will probably be able to compete with. fighting for my survival at probably just about every turn of this bussiness.
and as far as iam concerned you have never, ever been directly effected by the tremendous influx of the millions upon millions of these illeagle aliens that reside in my town, my city, my state, and my nation, and by their shere numbers how they have bankrupted our schools, our hospitals, mental facilities, our free clinics, our medical programs, welfare programs, our elderly programs, and our child care programs ect. ect. in order to support their billions of dollars worth of needs. and then if you have kind of occupation that doesnt require a high tech type of education as doctors occupation would require a high tech type of education, then vet scratch your just about shit out of luck, arent you. oh no, thats right you dont live here and youve never been effected by nor have you probably ever had to deal with the devestateing impact that cheap labor has had on the lives of so many. and iam not talking about little bits of sparsley scattered cheap labor here and there iam talking about the kind of widespread cheap ass bullshit labor that can very well be the ruin of something ive worked long and hard for to achieve.
vs you can welcome whomever you want to welcome into this country but until youve lived in your truck, ate sack lunch handouts, get your showers wherever you can find it, until youve slept in ditches, on the beaches, underneath the pier, and on the construction sites you worked on. until you get knocked down, hit bottom, get up, get back on your feet and somehow come into a little bit of success
then i dont think youve earned the grace to say to me that iam the kind of jerk who would tell his kids that they will never need a second laungauge to succeed in this new century. no, no.
to succed in this new century one needs to learn the required education involved in the endeavoring area that one wants to succeed in. yes?
of coarse if you endeavor to become a missionary then a second laungage will be needed.
but if i go to another country and spouted off that in order to succeed in this new century you must first learn my speech, i think that country would offended. no?
you see it works like this,
i go to your country, i learn your laungage, you come to my country, you learn my laungage. capish.
i could have summed this entireing thread all up with a few simple words, in a single simple sentence.
to call me a jerk to my childran, my childran, really runs the gammit of having no class at all.
and on it goes

VetScratch
07-17-2003, 02:25 AM
Freeaneasy,
I do empathsize with you as much as with the horses.

I find it curious/suspicious that a nationalistic/xenophobic/job-protection agenda has been rejected by the conservative mainstream. Seems like most Republicans and fiscally-conservative Democrats are the ones who champion "free" trade but then negotiate give-away agreements rather than programs with balanced benefits.

I would feel different about the racing issue if there was any indication that INS enforcement will ever be extended to scrutinize all of the several million illegal aliens in the U.S.

Bobby
07-17-2003, 02:30 AM
good post free

VetScratch
07-17-2003, 04:06 AM
Maybe a way to see how I feel, which I admit is emotionally biased by my background with horses, is that something smells of $influence$ in the way we enforce our laws.

The financial pyramid in racing dictates that practically no owners, trainers, jockeys, or other licensed participants are $prospering$. Just check the ARM annual earnings lists if you need to verify this. Even most jockeys really net less than middle management desk jockeys.

Seems like the INS is clearly inhibited when it comes to rounding up aliens in industries where a higher percentage of the participants prosper!

freeneasy
07-17-2003, 02:29 PM
this issue of illeagle ailiens and cheap labor is a touchcy one with me, ive witnessed first hand how people, friends and bussinesses can be affected, run up a tree and/or lost. it aint no joke.
two weeks ago i was passing by an apartment complex that i have been servicing for the last year and a half. its a big complex right next to ucla and every apt has like 3 or 4 students sharing rent. its a little gold mine, i love it. ya got all these kids throwin everything imaginable into the garbage disposal, i mean its like everything in that place gets plugged up sonner or later. its an ongoing comedy and its a very nice account.
anyway as i passed by there was a plumbing truck parked outside this apt complex. the name on the truck? something like jaun luis reyes, plumbing and rooter.
aint that a soafb.
so i called william, the manager, and it was explained to me that mr. juan luis reyes had come into his office, gave him a price list, and a sales pitch and william wanted to give him a try.
turns out that of coarse his prices were much lower then mine and that mr. jaun luis reyes does not charge overtime during the weekdays, does not charge overtime during the weekends, and does not charge overtime during the holidays.
so here it is vet scratch
i cant compete with that and iam not about to so that means i just got my throat cut from one ear to the other by this fkg mexican and lost a very nice client.
and do you think that this is just an isolated case? or that something like this will probably never happen again and that ill be fine and everything will work out and that i got nothing to be concerened about, and that oh, iam just getting all workrd up over nothing, and making a mountain out of a molehill.

and now you emphatize with me as much as you do the horses, the horses? unbelievable.

VetScratch
07-17-2003, 02:56 PM
You should try to conserve your energy since it would seem that more productivity or longer hours at competitive rates will be your only salvation!

freeneasy
07-17-2003, 08:30 PM
that just cares about whos going to groom their horse while our cities, towns, schools, jobs ect. are being ransacked by every illeagal alien that can scamper his ass across the boarder. kinda reminds me of mr. nero playing his harp while rome burned to the ground. must be nice having all the security in the world so you never have to be concerned with anything more then the wonders and beauties of life in all its swansong.
and please vs, no need to respond any further, you pretty much have nothing to really offer on the matter other then this haphazard attitude. id like to just go ahead and shove this out the window.

superfecta
07-18-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by freeneasy
this issue of illeagle ailiens and cheap labor is a touchcy one with me, ive witnessed first hand how people, friends and bussinesses can be affected, run up a tree and/or lost. it aint no joke.
two weeks ago i was passing by an apartment complex that i have been servicing for the last year and a half. its a big complex right next to ucla and every apt has like 3 or 4 students sharing rent. its a little gold mine, i love it. ya got all these kids throwin everything imaginable into the garbage disposal, i mean its like everything in that place gets plugged up sonner or later. its an ongoing comedy and its a very nice account.
anyway as i passed by there was a plumbing truck parked outside this apt complex. the name on the truck? something like jaun luis reyes, plumbing and rooter.
aint that a soafb.
so i called william, the manager, and it was explained to me that mr. juan luis reyes had come into his office, gave him a price list, and a sales pitch and william wanted to give him a try.
turns out that of coarse his prices were much lower then mine and that mr. jaun luis reyes does not charge overtime during the weekdays, does not charge overtime during the weekends, and does not charge overtime during the holidays.
so here it is vet scratch
i cant compete with that and iam not about to so that means i just got my throat cut from one ear to the other by this fkg mexican and lost a very nice client.
and do you think that this is just an isolated case? or that something like this will probably never happen again and that ill be fine and everything will work out and that i got nothing to be concerened about, and that oh, iam just getting all workrd up over nothing, and making a mountain out of a molehill.

and now you emphatize with me as much as you do the horses, the horses? unbelievable. Now stay with me Free,and look at this situation another way.Take the mans ethnic background out of the picture.You have a situation where your competition comes in and does a better job at a better price.By better I mean cheaper.Happens all the time in business.Fair?No.But your client is looking at the bottom line.The other plumber being a mexican is not relevant,his quality of work is.Perhaps he will not do as good a job as you ,maybe he will not treat the clients as courteous as you do.So you may get this business back.Maybe not.But that happens every day in business.
I deal with people everyday that want it faster and cheaper.I stress getting it right.Its rare to get all three.I lose potential jobs all the time.But as long as there are people who want quality and good service,I keep working.Just like betting the ponies,you have to keep adjusting your game plan.Its not easy,but its necessary to make money.

Bobby
07-18-2003, 01:10 AM
No, the issue is really not about ethnicity. The issue is about illegal aliens. Frankly, it doesn't make a damn if their mexican or portugese. If they're not here legally, then they shouldn't have a job in the US. Period. Corporations (eg tysons) who employ such persons should be held accountable.

VetScratch
07-18-2003, 01:27 AM
Bobby,

Yes, let the chicken-shit INS take on the political clout of the chicken industry and leave the horse industry alone (or at least save it for final scrutiny)!

freeneasy
07-18-2003, 07:58 PM
and in essence i probably just needed to hear it from a legitimate source.
it is a difficult pill to swallow, that is to lose a good customer like that. in pretty much the same damned manner i lost one of my plumbers who used to give me 100% of all his sewer and drain cleaning bussiness, and now its maybe 20%. its tough to take cause customers like that just didnt happen, i earned them and their tough to replace.
but i can tell you this sup, and that is, that i cant think of any other way to face it other then the way you described in your response. and for that iam thanky and i thanky, that is, iam thankful and i thank you.
i know theres always going to be somebody out there bidding for your hard earned customer base and all this crying and complaining when taken to far is simply poison in the water and isnt going to add a potential customer to the list.
as you said sup " as long as there are people who want quality work and good sevive, i keep working". and i will interpret the meaning of that as to saying this, and that is, "if you wanna get warm, you build a fire. if you wanna stay warm, you go out and chop so more wood to keep the fire going. hey, did i say that". :D

VetScratch
07-18-2003, 08:33 PM
Freeaneasy,
Have you considered expanding beyond sewers and grease traps? Other stuff needs cleaning, like dairy barns, embalming rooms, porta-potties, and the like. With a little imagination, you may be able to stay one boot ahead of the competition.

freeneasy
07-18-2003, 09:07 PM
and theres no room for arguement when a person has crossed our borders without leagal authorization and broken the laws that govern the area of immigration into this country.
if you have illeagally entered this country you are not entitled to remain and must return or thereupon be returned, and as you continue to remain in such violation of the law, you are not entitled to the rights of assistence or to the rights that are deemed priviledged either by city, state or goverment.
you do not have the right to work, to a social security card, a drivers licence, to goverment funded education, loans, and grants, social security benifits, state disability benifits, retirement benefits, welfare, foodstamps, medical, medicare, ownership of properties or bussinesses. but bobby,
that was a long time ago and as the laws were not lax, the enforcement of those laws were.
this massive imigration into this country reached a point of no control and escalated from there and now just about the only thing thats left that can be done about it is to enforce those laws on the most recent illeagal entries into this country and stand firm from there. other then that i guess the only way to deal with it is to find a way to live with it or vise versa

Tom
07-18-2003, 10:56 PM
The point is our laws have been broken, our national security is at risk. ALL illegal aliens are criminals. Period. And anyone who knowingly hires them gives them shelter, keeps quiet about their whereabouts, etc, is also a criminal, be it 0% small time trainer or a US Senator. Deportation for the one, and jail for the other should be mandatory. Zero tolerance for illegals.
Like I said, you want to come here leagally, and go through proper channels, that is OK, in fact, it is commendable. WElcome, and how can we help you in your new home? Sneak your cousin in and it's You have the right to remain silent.......
INS should be working overtime to track down and deal with every single illegal, every single over-due visa, every single "missing" student on a visa.

VetScratch
07-18-2003, 11:24 PM
Tom,
The laws are already on the books, money for the INS has alrerady been appropriated, and what are you getting for it? Sixteen grooms at SAR figures out to be a $TON$ of tax dollars per arrest.

Did you see the news story about the privately funded border patrol that has been started in Texas? The goverment is furious because this private group is outperforming the official border patrol at a fraction of the cost.

Deport the Beltway Bandits who control the nation's capital if you want to make it possible to solve to this problem.

Bobby
07-19-2003, 03:37 AM
Our national security is at risk. Muhammad Atta was one of those that got through immigration. If you can recall, he was one of the ringleaders in 9-11. Deportation is the answer for employees of any trainer, whether it's Bobby Frankel, Cole Norman, Dale Baird, or LAura De Seroux.

VetScratch
07-19-2003, 04:04 AM
Since national security IS so critical, where would you rather see enforcement agencies spend your money: (1) Raiding bedrooms at the racetrack, or (2) Scrutinizing foreign students at the Fort Lauderdale aviation school?

If we say both, then we should have lobbied vigorously against the recent tax cut.

Tom
07-19-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Bobby
Our national security is at risk. Muhammad Atta was one of those that got through immigration..... .
And I have no doubts whatsoever that he would get through any airport security at any city today. Homeland security? Ha!

superfecta
07-19-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by freeneasy
and in essence i probably just needed to hear it from a legitimate source.
it is a difficult pill to swallow, that is to lose a good customer like that. in pretty much the same damned manner i lost one of my plumbers who used to give me 100% of all his sewer and drain cleaning bussiness, and now its maybe 20%. its tough to take cause customers like that just didnt happen, i earned them and their tough to replace.
but i can tell you this sup, and that is, that i cant think of any other way to face it other then the way you described in your response. and for that iam thanky and i thanky, that is, iam thankful and i thank you.
i know theres always going to be somebody out there bidding for your hard earned customer base and all this crying and complaining when taken to far is simply poison in the water and isnt going to add a potential customer to the list.
as you said sup " as long as there are people who want quality work and good sevive, i keep working". and i will interpret the meaning of that as to saying this, and that is, "if you wanna get warm, you build a fire. if you wanna stay warm, you go out and chop so more wood to keep the fire going. hey, did i say that". :D You learn well Grasshopper...:D .But since we are about to be raided by PA and deported to off topic,I hope things work out better for you Free.

ponyplayer
07-19-2003, 01:44 PM
Well guys, I read this entire thread. Here are some of my thoughts. First of all, I agree, if your are illegal, you are illegal, get the frig out of dodge. But, remember all these people are coming here becase of what reason? EMPLOYERS are willing to hire them. There are enough laws on the books to take care of this, how many of you have ever filled out an I-9 Form? Whether it is a small employer or a large employer, they hire these people because they work cheap. That is the bottom line. It seems that there is a lot of wrath and displeasure because these Mexicans, Latinos, whatever you want to call them are here doing these jobs...but, until the EMPLOYERS quit hiring them, they will continue to be here. We need enforcement of current laws.
Losing a good apartment complex client to a lower priced competitor with the automatic assumption that the man was illegal?? I am fairly certain that the client was initially picked up by someone, and probably gone through several service providers, each time, price being the determining factor. Yes, that is the American way of doing free enterprise. When competition threatens, you may have to get up a little earlier and go home a little later.
Bitching and griping about the problem to friends and family, and forums such as this is o.k., but it will not really get any attention until your views, and views of others who share your views voice them to your elected officials. Even then you may get no response, so they your job is to work to elect people who share your views. Until them, good luck. ;)

freeneasy
07-21-2003, 01:20 AM
just about every type of bussiness will hire these people for cheap labor and until the proper elected officials have been put into office to bring this to a stop then the rampid spread of cheap labor will continue to rise util it doubles and triples the already exorbent numbers that the hiring of cheap labor now stands at.
i do however disagree that you cannot assume the mexican laboror entered this country illeagley. the number of latinos and mexicans that have leagaly entered this country is less then one half of one per cent. it is an assumption to use the term "illeagal" when refering to the migrants that have come into this country, but it is a legitimate assumption.

VetScratch
07-21-2003, 01:35 AM
Freeandeasy,

Thanky, thanky, thanky!

Give us a break, you've been out of work since they stopped accepting story pitches and scripts for the Beverly Hillbillies, and how can you possibly blame Mexicans for that!

WINMANWIN
07-21-2003, 02:06 AM
Seriously speaking chaps, I live in new york city, and talk about
Cheap Labor. It's rampant, and during the past years, hurting the Economy. ON certain street corners in the metro area
DAY laboreres wait on corners and wait to be picked up for there daily work. Prior to day laborers, business owners would possibly
go thru unions or find CITIZENS to assist them. The good thing for business owners around NYC is THE LABOR is dirt cheap and it's rampant here in NYC. I know 1 thing, It was never like this 20 yrs ago, and the country should be cracking down on immigration
They say the RECESSION was over mths ago :confused: Maybe
for the cheap day laborer, but certainly not in N.Y.C: eek:

freeneasy
07-21-2003, 02:58 AM
that was cute scratch, not a bad try, could use a little more imagination. but what can i say, " you da mayann"
oh, and itch, just one more thing, next time you take a snapshot use some shade. little to much sun glaring off the face.
but hey stitch, a little advice, always take your shoes off when you walk thru a cow pasture, that way you'll always know when you step on a pie.

VetScratch
07-21-2003, 03:27 AM
Freeandeasy,

Are you scrambling your posts for security reasons?

If not, English does not appear to be your native language.

Habla Espanol?

gino
07-21-2003, 03:32 AM
no tenemos trabajo, y no es nuestra culpa...
"chino"
sin empleada, para siempre

JustRalph
07-21-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by WINMANWIN
Seriously speaking chaps, I live in new york city, and talk about Cheap Labor. It's rampant, and during the past years, hurting the Economy. ON certain street corners in the metro area
DAY laboreres wait on corners and wait to be picked up for there daily work.

That has been happening in LA since the sixties. It goes on today.

freeneasy
07-25-2003, 12:34 AM
well scratch, you stuck your nose back in it again
you make this completely classless and unprovicated statement that i'am the kind of jerk that wrongly teaches my childran unless they adhere to the ways and means thats going to see them thru this life as set down by you. hmm your comfort, their expense

then the dairy farms, embalming houses, and portapotty cleaning thing and the cutie remark that i should cut my rates in half, work 30 hrs a day and if not just keep working till i go broke, good stuff.

with the same bad breath i think you uttered one of the most indignant comments ive heard in a long time

you must realize that a very simple term of endearment was being used here in returning "thanks" for the advice and encouragement that was being offered me by one of the members of this board.

seems i responded to these good words in a fashion or way that was intended to inspire the simple honesty of a "ma and pa kettle" type appreciation. i simply said " and for that i am thanky and i thanky, that is i am thankful and i thank you "

" thanky, thanky, thanky. give us a break. youve been out of work since they stopped accepting story pitches and scripts for the beverly hillbillys, now how can you possibly blame the mexicans for that?" i believe was your response

obviously the personal bit of " thanks " that i had to offer in this reply was not ment for you, otherwise it would have had you name on it, but consequently you found it your duty or place to express disdain and assumed to included the entire board in sharing such sentiments with you.

" thanky, thanky, thanky, give us a break,"
give "us" a break? us? who the hell is this " us " your referring to? sounds like you have everybodys vote all wrapped up. what? was their a secrect ballot held and you were elected " board spokesperson " or something? or did you just become the self annointed, self appointed 2nd in command around here.

you do not intimidate me. your avg of 7 post per day dont impress me eyether. if you got a plan, then i know what it is.
you bring that weak ass shit to me, iam gonna throw a dirty dish rag at you. capish. you and me, were going to find out where the monkey hid the peanut, know what iam saying. were going to see whose got the hammer.

and one other thing, it seems you tried a little testing of the waters by subtly playing one of the board members into an "innocent" confrontation. you try that sht again, iam gonna jump down your throat with both boots on. make sense? hope so, good nite.

VetScratch
07-25-2003, 12:52 AM
seems i responded to these good words in a fashion or way that was intended to inspire the simple honesty of a "ma and pa kettle" type appreciation. i simply said " and for that i am thanky and i thanky, that is i am thankful and i thank you "
You must be Pa... Ma never used spell check!:) :) :)

freeneasy
07-28-2003, 02:01 PM
fy like the skank ass pos you are