PDA

View Full Version : bris data files

oldman
04-06-2010, 09:30 AM
I dnloaded handi ni and tried to use some old neurax.nrx files but they didn't work. the .drf files do work. Both are based on bris single files. Am I missing something? :bang:

dartman51
04-06-2010, 04:06 PM
I dnloaded handi ni and tried to use some old neurax.nrx files but they didn't work. the .drf files do work. Both are based on bris single files. Am I missing something? :bang:

Not sure which version you are using. I don't think there is a Handifast NI. Are you thinking ALLDATA NI?? The NRX file works fine with the Handifast programs. In ALLDATA NI, you may need to rename the extension, NRX to DRF. GL

oldman
04-06-2010, 08:43 PM
YES ALLDATA NI. CHANGED TO .DRF BUT THE STRUCTURE IS STILL THE SAME. I DON'T KNOW IF THERE IS MORE INFO IN .NRX BUT THERE BOTH $1 DN LOADS.
I GUESS YOUR RIGHT,I'VE BEEN CALLED A IDIOT MANY TIMES. :)

oldman
04-06-2010, 08:47 PM
ATTACHED FILE,AT LEAST I THOUGHT I DID

dartman51
04-06-2010, 11:39 PM
OK, I just ran the sample NRX file, AQU0207, through ALLDATA NI, and it ran without a hitch. I'm not sure what steps you are taking so I will tell you what I did. Open ALDATA NI, at the bottom, click on MAIN. Make sure you have MACROS enabled. Also, make sure you have the file in the folder C:\tsn1\. Click on the box that says, LIST RACE CARD DATA FILES. You should see the file, or files, show up in the list below. If you have results files to match, make sure they are in the folder C:\tsnresults1\. Click on, LIST RESULTS DATA FILES. They should show up in the list below. Next, click on DAILY PLAY?, if you want to handicap without results, or WITH RESULTS, if you want to handicap with results. Next, to the right, you see RACE CARD(S) SELECTION. Below that, type in the starting card # and the ending card #. Right now, they should be the same, I think we can only do 1 card at a time. Anyway, now click on RUN DATA FILES. When it finishes, click on the OK, in the little box that pops up. Then go to the bottom, and click on ALLDATA. Starting in ROW 1 and Column DP, you should see the current race card with all the races listed. Choose a race and click on it. You should be able to find your way around at this point. If you run into any problems, post them here. :ThmbUp:

raybo
04-07-2010, 07:36 AM
OK, I just ran the sample NRX file, AQU0207, through ALLDATA NI, and it ran without a hitch. I'm not sure what steps you are taking so I will tell you what I did. Open ALDATA NI, at the bottom, click on MAIN. Make sure you have MACROS enabled. Also, make sure you have the file in the folder C:\tsn1\. Click on the box that says, LIST RACE CARD DATA FILES. You should see the file, or files, show up in the list below. If you have results files to match, make sure they are in the folder C:\tsnresults1\. Click on, LIST RESULTS DATA FILES. They should show up in the list below. Next, click on DAILY PLAY?, if you want to handicap without results, or WITH RESULTS, if you want to handicap with results. Next, to the right, you see RACE CARD(S) SELECTION. Below that, type in the starting card # and the ending card #. Right now, they should be the same, I think we can only do 1 card at a time. Anyway, now click on RUN DATA FILES. When it finishes, click on the OK, in the little box that pops up. Then go to the bottom, and click on ALLDATA. Starting in ROW 1 and Column DP, you should see the current race card with all the races listed. Choose a race and click on it. You should be able to find your way around at this point. If you run into any problems, post them here. :ThmbUp:

This is correct, however, I'm not sure the Neurax files have the same data field structure as the DRF and MCP files so I can't say if the PPs and Pace Ratings will reflect correct data.

oldman
04-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Didn't work with only 1 card did work with 9 cards. I followed the same steps in all cases, Looking forward to seeing and using your work. I know it makes me feel good when I help others and it looks like you feel the same.
Thanks for your help.

raybo
04-08-2010, 06:45 AM
Didn't work with only 1 card did work with 9 cards. I followed the same steps in all cases, Looking forward to seeing and using your work. I know it makes me feel good when I help others and it looks like you feel the same.
Thanks for your help.

Sounds like you have a bad data file. If 9 .nrx files worked fine, and 1 didn't, then obviously .nrx files have the same field structure or AllData would make the resulting PPs and Pace Ratings look crazy. You can probably download that file again, without charge by Brisnet, unless it has been put in the Archives already.

Send the file to me and I'll se if I can figure out what's different about that file.

My email is at the bottom of the Home page on the AllData site.