PDA

View Full Version : Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it

KinkyFriedman
04-06-2010, 06:56 AM
I just find it incredible, that, for the second straight year, the best 3-year-old in the country, PERIOD, is going to be running in the Oaks instead of the Derby. Just because she doesn't have balls...and neither do her trainer or owner(s), apparently.

Easy to run a race like Eskendreya's when you have no pace. Blind Luck would blow by him like Arazi in the BC Juvenile. It's a travesty if they run her in the Oaks.

And for those who point to her loss in the SA Oaks, BL isn't responsible for her jock riding her like a jackass.

Steve R
04-06-2010, 09:52 AM
I just find it incredible, that, for the second straight year, the best 3-year-old in the country, PERIOD, is going to be running in the Oaks instead of the Derby. Just because she doesn't have balls...and neither do her trainer or owner(s), apparently.

Easy to run a race like Eskendreya's when you have no pace. Blind Luck would blow by him like Arazi in the BC Juvenile. It's a travesty if they run her in the Oaks.

And for those who point to her loss in the SA Oaks, BL isn't responsible for her jock riding her like a jackass.
Maybe, because she has a sprinter/miler type pedigree top and bottom, or because of what they have seen in her training, her connections don't think she is capable of getting 10f in a classic-winning time. There is a huge difference between defeating 3yo fillies at 8 1/2f and 3yo colts at 10.

NTamm1215
04-06-2010, 10:28 AM
This poster is an insult to a great Texan.

NT

illinoisbred
04-06-2010, 10:35 AM
And great American

GaryG
04-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Not to mention author....I loved Roadkill, Arsenic & Armadillos and Blast From the Past. Made a nice run for gov too.

illinoisbred
04-06-2010, 10:59 AM
His solution to illegal immigration-"The 5 generals plan"-brilliant!

Market Mover
04-07-2010, 02:14 AM

Rafael made several blunders during this race, and his frustration was evident on the gallop out. He was weaving in and out, running all over the track..this horse just needs to stay on the East Coast and mop up more stakes wins..

Sekrah
04-07-2010, 02:33 AM

Absurdity. Everything in this post.

5 for 8 career record against fillies + hohum speed figs = best 3-year old in the country?

What an embarassing post. Hot Dixie Chick would bury that pig at ANY distance.

WinterTriangle
04-07-2010, 04:42 PM

Anybody who refers to horses as "pigs" whether they be racehorses or pleasure horses or pasture horses, shouldn't be talking about other people being absurd and embarrassing. :rolleyes:

born2ride
04-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Absurdity. Everything in this post.

5 for 8 career record against fillies + hohum speed figs = best 3-year old in the country?

Hohum speed figs? :lol: Her BRIS figure for her last race is a 103, Eskendereya's is a 102. Her Beyer for her last race is a 104, Eskendereya's is a 109. Hohum? Arbsurdity indeed.

NTamm1215
04-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Hohum speed figs? :lol: Her BRIS figure for her last race is a 103, Eskendereya's is a 102. Her Beyer for her last race is a 104, Eskendereya's is a 109. Hohum? Arbsurdity indeed.

Do you really think she'd give Eskendereya any trouble?

NT

46zilzal
04-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Too many of our good females have been "gutted" by running against fields they should have left alone....and it destroyed them time and again.

born2ride
04-08-2010, 01:29 AM
Do you really think she'd give Eskendereya any trouble?

NT
Sure I think she could give him a run for his money. Though I think based on what I've seen so far that he finishes first. The point I was making was that BL is no slouch based on speed figs.

PaceAdvantage
04-08-2010, 03:20 AM
Too many of our good females have been "gutted" by running against fields they should have left alone....and it destroyed them time and again.Silly talk. Horses may not be machines, but they're not made of glass either. A tough race or two (less than 2 minutes of work) isn't going to "gut" a healthy animal.

It's a fallacy.

Sekrah
04-08-2010, 06:06 AM

Wow.. You use BRIS speed figures? I'll shed a tear for you.

Ejmenz
04-08-2010, 01:08 PM
I'd like to see the best filly in the derby.

I'm intrigued with the recent success of females, I want more.

I don't think she'd beat The E, but that's why they race.