PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Trotters @ Pocono

toetoe
04-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Races (7), (9) and (11) catch the eye, the absence of the great Lavec Dream notwithstanding.

(7): Focus will have to stall(baum) bigtime to lose this ... um, maybe.

(9): My heart is with Vivid Photo, but I will go against him and Salutation Hanover, expecting them to gobble money. The latter has really befuddled me, as two back he hung late with no apparent excuse, and then last time he won gamely. Now, after a week-plus off, I'm chucking him. Nine-year-old Grain of Truth is elected at anything close to his 10/1 m. l.

(11): This "open" is so weak, it should be called The Closet.
Four Starz Robro is the tepid selection, but 4/1 ? Highly dubious.

Cubbymac26
04-06-2010, 01:12 AM
a little off topic im not really to thrilled with the pcd track announcer he tries to hard to be like larry lederman trying to throw in comments but miscalling horses so he should just try to call the race and leave the jokes to the big boys hes not there yet

on the other side i love how he gives the splits every quarter so he is very solid but when im watching live listening to the call theres to much irrelavent stuff being announced

all in all not sure his name but def a up and coming great announcer just dont over do it

melman
04-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Guys just make sure u do NOT make any trifecta bets there. They are the worst of the worst with 35% takeout. They are laughing in your face. The customer? who cares about him just give us "our" slot cash. Well the same government that gave u that slot cash can change the law and take it away. Sooner rather than later I hope. The other Penna tracks are not much better but POC takes the cake for laughing at the customer.

LottaKash
04-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Guys just make sure u do NOT make any trifecta bets there. They are the worst of the worst with 35% takeout. They are laughing in your face. The customer? who cares about him just give us "our" slot cash.

Mel, you got that right....:eek:

The thing of it is, I believe that they have chased away many valuable players from their venue....

I for one, have always liked Pcd, in fact for a number of years when I lived in the Pocono's, that was my home track....But, without noticing it too much at first, I have found, more and more, that I play very little there anymore....

It never was a place where you could play for too much kash, still, there were "always" some juicy plays if I were patient enough to wait for them to come up...Nowadays, it seems the chalk is more chalkier than ever, and the big numbers aren't the ones who figured and were just plain overlooked by the crowd....Lot of head-scratching for me now...Confusing....

I am not sure about that place anymore, as I don't get that tingle as I once did, making my plays there....And with the high takeout, it is almost like, why bother....There are more attractive places to go play-at these days (what is left of them, that is)

Now, I believe it is "ALL" there just for the "Horsemen" and nothing for the customer...They are just stealing good horses from taking part at the Big-M, and Chester, imo.....Too much "simultaneous" regional racing and not enough good horses to go around these day, I think....

sadly,

melman
04-06-2010, 05:57 PM
LK---Are u able to get into the War Room? that's the paceadv chat room. You need to have "java" and your good to go. Reason for asking is when it comes to be "Tioga Time" was thinking of getting people in the chat room to look over the races for that day/night at Tioga. I've been doing some "prep" work at Saratoga Harness waiting for the start of Tioga. Not a lot of "class" horses which I know are your thing. However there have been some very good "cash" races. Wonder if anyone knows the Saratoga Harness in house handicapper. The guy does a nice job and would like him to know at least someone is watching. :)

LottaKash
04-06-2010, 06:05 PM
LK---Reason for asking is when it comes to be "Tioga Time" was thinking of getting people in the chat room to look over the races for that day/night at Tioga. :)

:jump: ...TIOGA...!!!!........TIOGA...!!!.........TIOGA.. .!!!...:jump:

best,

melman
04-06-2010, 09:08 PM
Mr Toetoe and I do mean Mister Toetoe---You now own the official title of "Trotting Maven".

Tonight at Pocono

Result
R7 Focus $8.20 $9.20

but that was just a mere warmup for the Toe master

R9 Grain of Truth $83.00 yeah fella's $83.00 $20.40 and for good measure tossed in the ex for $309 and change. Told the teller to "keep the change". :lol: :lol:

LottaKash
04-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Mr Toetoe and I do mean Mister Toetoe---You now own the official title of "Trotting Maven".

Tonight at Pocono

Result
R7 Focus $8.20 $9.20

but that was just a mere warmup for the Toe master

R9 Grain of Truth $83.00 yeah fella's $83.00 $20.40 and for good measure tossed in the ex for $309 and change. Told the teller to "keep the change". :lol: :lol:

Yikes !!!...Mitter TooToo, did good good...:jump: :jump: :jump:

best,

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2010, 04:02 AM
R9 Grain of Truth $83.00 yeah fella's $83.00 $20.40 and for good measure tossed in the ex for $309 and change. Told the teller to "keep the change". :lol: :lol:Nice pickin' double T

Ray2000
04-07-2010, 05:11 AM
2toes

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: Super Picks:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

mirror Image
04-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Great picks and prices :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: , now you have
the $$$ Tioga bankroll :jump: $$$.

toetoe
04-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Gentlemen,

Sincerest apologies for 4-Stars Robro running a distant second. :D . Shades of Melman's 7-for-9 evening, followed by his apologies for the other two. Also, all the winners' backers thank you for not pounding the winners too too much. ;) .

Seriously, any fellows such as Melmster that were following in real time, good on you for leaping. :ThmbUp: . I just now (Wednesday) got the results myself, here at the library. As my supply of Irish luck may be depleted right now, I guess I'll watch for Lavec Dream now. :cool: .

Thanks for noticing. :ThmbUp: .

melman
04-07-2010, 07:55 PM
toe---"here at the library" hehehe "my Irish ???? MAY be depleted" :D I'll let u slide on Robro. Mr Trotting Maven.