PDA

View Full Version : This weekend at Oaklawn Park

cj's dad
04-05-2010, 07:54 PM
I apologize in advance if a similar thread starter has been posted prior to this one, but how many PA members are going to be at OP this Friday and Saturday???

I know of a few, including myself. Any others ??

The Arkansas Sports Lounge (2nd floor) is a nice place to meet if anyone is interested !!

46zilzal
04-05-2010, 07:59 PM
pick me up two programs?

Bettowin
04-05-2010, 08:21 PM
I'll be there with a bunch of horseracing fanatics. PM me if you want my cell number. How many days are you going to be there? Thurs-Sat for me.

WinterTriangle
04-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Thurs thru Sat for me too.

I already promised somebody here a $2 win ticket on Zenyatta. :)

I don't even take a purse to the races, like to travel light, otherwise I would offer to get "stuff" for people.

steve dad. is doing a book signing on thurs

Bruddah
04-05-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm stuck sitting on my fat a$$ for thirty more days. The Vet won't let me out of my stall yet. I wish I could be there with my old Hottalkers group, Winter Triangle, Cj's Dad and all the others.

Even without Racel A and Zenyatta racing, I bet there will be wall to wall horse players. Especially if it's nice weather. My guess 60k.

Hit some winners for Bruddah! :ThmbUp:

SmartyLane
04-05-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm there, Thurs-Sunday morning.

Can't wait as I have never been to Oaklawn before.

Bettowin
04-05-2010, 08:42 PM

Where are you coming from?

SmartyLane
04-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Kansas City

Bettowin
04-05-2010, 08:49 PM
Kansas City

Moe is that you?

If not hopefully we can all meet up somewhere and celebrate our winning tickets:)

Grits
04-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Will be there Thursday through Sunday, at the track on Friday and Saturday, do hope to see others there, along with my group.

Safe travel, great fun, and much good luck to all at the windows!!

Bruddah
04-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Tell where you will be coming from. If I were coming it would be from Mississippi. Just curious to know. :confused:

toetoe
04-05-2010, 11:09 PM
I don't even take a purse to the races, like to travel light

Hey Light, heed my advice: adopt the above policy. :p .

miesque
04-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Thurs thru Sat for me too.

I already promised somebody here a $2 win ticket on Zenyatta. :)

I don't even take a purse to the races, like to travel light, otherwise I would offer to get "stuff" for people.

steve dad. is doing a book signing on thurs

Yea, I have not taken a purse to the track in a long time, its not efficient. That is why I take a briefcase and a binder instead (that is when I am traveling light aka without laptop and portable office), but somehow I don't think that is the angle you were aiming for where you were talking about traveling light. :D

Seriously though, I hope everyone who is heading to Oaklawn for the Apple Blossom/Arkansas Derby has a superb time and is able to enjoy some memorable performances on the track. Hopefully I will catch up with you guys at another track some time in the near future. :)

WinterTriangle
04-06-2010, 01:37 AM
That is why I take a briefcase and a binder instead

thanks for the well wishes M.

I take a thin leather binder that zips. Plastic see-thru pockets for my season's pass and winners circle card, and notebook paper and a few side pockets for my racing form/program nad of course a pen holder loop. There's a zipper pocket for my cash.

+ clothing with lots of POCKETS. One of those photographer's vests works pretty good for sunglasses, eyeglasses, etc.

cj's dad
04-06-2010, 08:04 AM

Oaklawn is a very enjoyable track and HS is a fun town.

I'll be coming in from Baltimore w/ my youngest son.

My oldest son is driving in from Oklahoma w/ his wife.

We will be there Thursday thru Sunday; at the track Friday and Saturday.

I suggest we meet up at the Oyster bar, 1st floor grandstand after the 4th race Friday. Any employee knows where the Oyster bar (may be called the raw bar or seafood bar) is located.

Nikki1997
04-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Oaklawn is a lovely track and the fans are appreciative of the horses. I will be there on Friday and hope all who are coming have a very enjoyable time.

joanied
04-06-2010, 11:27 AM
:( :faint: :( ...I had made plans to go, but our farm got in the way :mad: ...if I were going, I'd be coming from northern Wyoming...about 1,500 miles to Oaklawn...besides the great racing, and seeing Zenyatta, I was looking forward to meeting some of my 'forum friends'...so, I'm kinda bummed.

I do hope, for all of you that'll be there... a warm, sunny day...that everyone meets up...take lots of photos to share here, that your wagers play out and that everyone has a tremendous good time...and don't forget how fortunate you are to be there.

Go Zenyatta, GO:jump: :jump: :jump:

SmartyLane
04-06-2010, 08:14 PM
Moe is that you?

If not hopefully we can all meet up somewhere and celebrate our winning tickets:)

This isn't Moe.

I have seen the big girl two times in her BC races. Absolutely worth the drive/flight or whatever. She is amazing and I am a RA guy. :)

proximity
04-06-2010, 10:32 PM

if there is simulcasting there follow the milkowskis up to the window before any turf races. both cj's dad and his brother justin are deadly over the weeds!!

good luck!!

Miss Disco
04-07-2010, 10:14 PM
I will be there Fri & Sat. This will be just a wonderful weekend!

Shelby
04-08-2010, 10:24 AM
I posted on another thread....leave it to me to pick the wrong spot lol. We are on our way to hot springs as I type this! Can't wait! Getting to track at the crack of dawn tomorrow cause I couldn't get any seating tickets. Bettowin is your wife coming too? U guys know what we llok like so holler of u see us :)