PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter to Conservatives

Space Monkey
04-05-2010, 05:06 PM
http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com/talk/blogs/a/m/americandad/2010/03/an-open-letter-to-conservative.php?ref=mp

This was written by Russell King. He speaks to many if us who remember when the Republican party was led by politicians who actually cared about the average American. They have lost their way. The party has been hijacked by the radical right and fueled by hate speech from the right wing media. This country will be a lot better off if the Republican Party heeds the advice of Russell King.

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Sounds like you and Russell are in for a rude awakening. True conservatives are going to be your worst nightmare. Deal with it. It's not going away, and it's not going to trend any other way.

It's a reaction to the extreme radical-left that was voted in starting in 2006. It's what led to the Reagan revolution in the 80s. Brush up on your history.

Only this time, you have these OUTRAGEOUS, IRRESPONSIBLE, STANDARDS-LESS people calling themselves "journalists" and "columnists" and "bloggers" who think nothing of throwing out (falsely I might add) the absolute WORST names and labels they can think of on the opposition, and hoping it sticks.

Not going to work this time I'm afraid. You guys are going out.

You can falsely try and label Conservatism any way you wish...you can try and falsely paint them as racists or any other disgusting, vial, piggish tactic you can think of...not going to work...

America knows true conservatism is the last and only hope to save this once great nation from falling into the abyss. Watch what happens in November. It's only the beginning.

ArlJim78
04-05-2010, 05:15 PM
I needed that, thanks for the laugh.
And why should Republicans heed this guys advice?

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2010, 05:16 PM
I needed that, thanks for the laugh.
And why should Republicans heed this guys advice?They shouldn't.

This is what led to John McCain being the nominee. This is what gave us Barack Obama as President. This is what gave us Nancy Pelosi as speaker and Harry Reid as Majority Leader.

Space Monkey
04-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Boy, that was quick. Did you read it? Just scroll down to the "hatred" section and his final comments. Thats all you need.

Your response does not address all the hypocrisy that has been demonstrated by the current band of lunatics that are running the GOP. Your response is just what King is talking about. Lots of venom, hatred, with no real answers. What you don't realize is that RK and I WANT the GOP to come back. I'll repeat, our country will be better off.

Some of us are trying to unite our country again. Some of us are continuing to promote civil unrest.

GaryG
04-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Open letter to Russell King (and 'monkey): Take that shit to the Daily KOS. This is actually very funny, someone like that telling the Republican Party what it needs to do. We know what we need to do and are doing it even as we speak. Thanks for your concern though....really.

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Boy, that was quick. Did you read it? Just scroll down to the "hatred" section and his final comments. Thats all you need.

Your response does not address all the hypocrisy that has been demonstrated by the current band of lunatics that are running the GOP. Your response is just what King is talking about. Lots of venom, hatred, with no real answers. What you don't realize is that RK and I WANT the GOP to come back. I'll repeat, our country will be better off.

Some of us are trying to unite our country again. Some of us are continuing to promote civil unrest.John McCain must have been your ideal choice then...look how well that worked out...

There is tremendous hypocrisy on both sides. A couple of doozies from the left were illustrated just today on this forum. Check out the Maxine Waters interview from 3/31 and dovetail it with her actions at anti-war rallies during the Bush years. Man...and nobody calls her out on it...wild stuff. Should I pen some insanely long, boring piece detailing all of the hypocrisy of the left?

I just gave you my answer. The last great hope of this nation is for true conservatism to come roaring back. If you understand what that means, if you are a fan of Mark Levin, then no further explanation is necessary.

If you're not a fan of Levin's, then you and I will never agree on much of anything going forward. But, please feel free to falsely label me with every disgusting term you can think of, like Russell King appears quite adept at doing.

BTW, who the hell is Russell King anyway, and why should I give a damn?

ArlJim78
04-05-2010, 05:35 PM
there is nothing to reply to, its a fraud. The guy is obviously a raving liberal, why would conservatives care about his plea to "come back".

Like PA said, we're not coming back. For far too long conservatives have tried to reach out to people like this, the so-called moderates, and it got us into the mess we are in now.

Things are booming now for Republicans. Obama already is uniting the country, AGAINST progressives. Why would anyone on the right want to change course and go back?

space monkey, most conservatives have learned that when people such as yourself say that you're trying to unite the country, what it really means is that conservatives need to drop their ideas and agenda in order to be accepted. as soon as we do that we stand for nothing and get trounced in the elections.

GaryG
04-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Some of us are continuing to promote civil unrest.Could you 'splain to me specifically who is doing this promoting? Are you afraid there will be rioting and looting by conservatives?

ArlJim78
04-05-2010, 05:39 PM
There is no need to read the entire open letter. After reading the first 10 sentences or so, seeing how the author was trotting out the timetested racism and anti-gay charges against conservatives, I had already read way too much.

he cannot back up any of that crap. been there, done that thousands of times. nothing new in that hitpiece.

Why would a letter that is supposedly from a guy who wants to unite Americans, start out charging conservatives as being racist and anti-gay? some uniter, just like Obama, a clueless hack.

bigmack
04-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Some of us are trying to unite our country again. Some of us are continuing to promote civil unrest.
:lol: :lol:

You're a riot. Aren't you the wackjob that refers to 98% of the US population, including yourself, as suckers?

Space Monkey
04-05-2010, 05:49 PM
You're a riot. Aren't you the wackjob that refers to 98% of the US population, including yourself, as suckers?

No, just the % of Americans that have been duped by Lee Atwater's political strategy and those that blindly believe all the lies that come out of the FOX Propaganda Network and the likes of Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc. Thats not me.

PA, I looked up Mark. Hes a Limbaugh, Beck disciple. Thats enough for me. The first thing I read on his homepage was that Obama should be fined for filling out his census wrong. LOL.

illinoisbred
04-05-2010, 05:50 PM
That letter reads as though the author is suffering from a severe case of paranoia.

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2010, 05:52 PM
PA, I looked up Mark. Hes a Limbaugh, Beck disciple. Thats enough for me. The first thing I read on his homepage was that Obama should be fined for filling out his census wrong. LOL.He's a Beck disciple? Really? Are you sure about that? Better look again.

You made me laugh though.

bigmack
04-05-2010, 05:55 PM
No, just the % of Americans that have been duped by Lee Atwater's political strategy and those that blindly believe all the lies that come out of the FOX Propaganda Network and the likes of Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc. Thats not me.
Lee Atwater -- :lol: :lol: You just keep getting more hilarious.

You pimp others for watching Fox and you start a thread with this drivel?

Get a stick or some new specks, Magoo, you're bumping/slamming into walls.

mostpost
04-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Only this time, you have these OUTRAGEOUS, IRRESPONSIBLE, STANDARDS-LESS people calling themselves "journalists" and "columnists" and "bloggers" who think nothing of throwing out (falsely I might add) the absolute WORST names and labels they can think of on the opposition, and hoping it sticks.
You didn't name names. Let me help you out. Limbaugh, Beck, Coulter, Hannity, Levin, Oreilly, Breitbart. No need to thank me. :lol: :lol:

Space Monkey
04-05-2010, 06:53 PM
He's a Beck disciple? Really? Are you sure about that? Better look again

Sorry, my mistake. I meant Hannity. Senior moment.

toetoe
04-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Mr. King,

You are a racebaiter --- a master racebaiter. This makes you special and worthy of solicitation how, again ?

Sincerely,
Just Another Bushloving Babykiller

Space Monkey
04-05-2010, 07:07 PM
space monkey, most conservatives have learned that when people such as yourself say that you're trying to unite the country, what it really means is that conservatives need to drop their ideas and agenda in order to be accepted. as soon as we do that we stand for nothing and get trounced in the elections.

What you don't get is that all this defense of conservative politics is misguided. Bush spent $ like a drunken sailor. The Iraq war, the Drug bill, all on the credit card and not paid for. Throw in the tax cut for the top 2% and you have a bankrupt country. History tells us that deficit spending is the way out. Criticizing the administration for spending is foolish. Where were all of you when Bush was doing his thing? Its apparent by the responses to this thread and my "Where I stand" thread that the members here are from the far right. My other thread was intended for us to discuss what we agree on, but none of you will have any of it. Like this thread, nothing but insults and denials without addressing the points. King is a liberal jerk, so am I, etc,etc.

ARE THERE MODERATE CONSERVATIVES HERE?

So far In haven't found any.

GaryG
04-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Toe square...speaking of race baiting here is a good one....I am sorry to say this nut is from my home state:

On a program called "The Young Turks" on Thursday, Democratic Tennessee congressman Cohen said Tea Party groups show "opposition to African Americans, hostility toward gays, hostility to anybody who wasn't just a clone of George Wallace's fan club." Wallace is the late former Alabama governor, and presidential candidate, well-known for opposing desegregation.

boxcar
04-05-2010, 07:11 PM
King is a liberal jerk, so am I, etc,etc.

Your words, not ours.

Look no further, dude. :cool:

Boxcar

GaryG
04-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Bush spent $ like a drunken sailor. The Iraq war, the Drug bill, all on the credit card and not paid for.Bush was in no way any kind of conservative. Hard core conservatives, such as yours truly, believe in EXTREMELY limited fed govt, more states rights and a free market economy.

newtothegame
04-05-2010, 07:15 PM
What you don't get is that all this defense of conservative politics is misguided. Bush spent $ like a drunken sailor. The Iraq war, the Drug bill, all on the credit card and not paid for. Throw in the tax cut for the top 2% and you have a bankrupt country. History tells us that deficit spending is the way out. Criticizing the administration for spending is foolish. Where were all of you when Bush was doing his thing? Its apparent by the responses to this thread and my "Where I stand" thread that the members here are from the far right. My other thread was intended for us to discuss what we agree on, but none of you will have any of it. Like this thread, nothing but insults and denials without addressing the points. King is a liberal jerk, so am I, etc,etc.

BS I replied as did a few others to your post. Now whether or not you like the answers....well as "momma" used to say, if ya dont want an answer...dont ask a question.

JustRalph
04-05-2010, 07:19 PM
I didn't need to read the drivel posted by the guy with bright red ass

All I needed to read was PA's post.......... :ThmbUp:

46zilzal
04-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Toe square...speaking of race baiting here is a good one....I am sorry to say this nut is from my home state:

On a program called "The Young Turks" on Thursday, Democratic Tennessee congressman Cohen said Tea Party groups show "opposition to African Americans, hostility toward gays, hostility to anybody who wasn't just a clone of George Wallace's fan club." Wallace is the late former Alabama governor, and presidential candidate, well-known for opposing desegregation.

Since there has been an ever increasing student segregation, there are many backlash racists in the works these days.

National Study Finds School Segregation Increasing

Progress toward desegregation in U.S. public schools is being steadily reversed, according to a study by researchers at the Graduate School of Education (GSE). The findings were presented at a conference in Atlanta sponsored by the Southern Education Foundation, The Civil Rights Project, and the Harvard Project on School Desegregation on April 5. The conference brought together educational leaders, civil rights experts, community representatives, and researchers to discuss school desegregation and the status of the law across the U.S.

The study, "Deepening Segregation in American Public Schools," presents the latest evidence on segregation trends from federal enrollment statistics. It is the first examination since the Supreme Court allowed desegregation orders to end in the 1990s. The study was conducted by Gary Orfield, professor of education and social policy and director of the Harvard Project on School Desegregation at GSE, and Mark Bachmeier, David R. James, and Tamela Eitle of Indiana University. Orfield and his colleagues analyzed the racial composition of U.S. public schools from 1968 to 1994, the most recent year for which data is available.

http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/1997/04.10/NationalStudyFi.html

Legend has it that, as he put down his pen, Johnson told an aide, "We have lost the South for a generation", anticipating a coming backlash from Southern whites against Johnson's Democratic Party

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyndon_B._Johnson

A lot longer than that...

As Johnson said

johnhannibalsmith
04-05-2010, 07:33 PM
BS I replied as did a few others to your post. Now whether or not you like the answers....well as "momma" used to say, if ya dont want an answer...dont ask a question.

Yeah. I'm done playing this silly game. I answered each and every question and got taken to task for supporting corporate ownership of government because out of 34 answers, I thought taxing every legit taxpayer $10 was a dumb way to solve to the problem. Apparently, I'm far right. This twit sees whatever suits his little tirades and ignores anything that contradicts his agenda. I'm amazed he's gotten this much attention yet again. Same song, same dance.

ArlJim78
04-05-2010, 07:34 PM

what you don't get is that while Bush wasn't a fiscal conservative, and may have spent like a drunken sailor to use your term, but what do we have now?? It's much much worse. Drunken sailors are tightwads compared to Obama.

no conservatives I know of were happy with Bush on the economic side.

Not to be rude but you are way off base with your opinions. example: history tells us that deficit spending is the way out? why is massive deficit spending the way out under Obama, but deficit spending of about one fourth the size under Bush was irresponsible?. Think a little more about the things you post because you seldom make sense. lots of heat and light but not much substance.

what is a moderate conservative? I don't know what that means. are you a moderate conservative?

toetoe
04-05-2010, 09:13 PM
there are many backlash racists in the works these days.

I am not among their number, boardmates. Oh no, indeed. I am a paleoracist.

Zizzy, are you quoting Lyndon Johnson ? Surely you jest ... :confused: . Even you sometimes jest, maybe ?

Rookies
04-05-2010, 11:05 PM
Here's a more focussed address of the Con state of the Union from one- late of Bush. Frum makes 3 points for Cons to address on the defensive and as follows:

1)- Tone matters. Harshly divisive rhetoric and attempts to draw lines between "real Americans" and "other Americans" will intensify the right-of-centre party's in-built deficits among women voters.
2) - Cultural issues must be handled with caution. There's a lot of conservatism among women voters. They tend to be more pro-life than men, for example. But the kind of "things are going to hell" nostalgia offered nightly on Fox News can backfire mightily among women voters.
3) - Treat the health-care issue with utmost seriousness. Through the great U.S. health-care debate of 2009-2010, Republicans lacerated the Democrats' ideas, but generally refrained from offering policy alternatives. You can see the logic here: As Benjamin Disraeli said, it's the job of oppositions to oppose. But the impression left behind was that health as an issue mattered less to Republicans than to Democrats.

See: http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=2758472

BlueShoe
04-06-2010, 01:54 AM
The party has been hijacked by the radical right and fueled by hate speech from the right wing media.
Actually, this is exactly backwards. It is the Democratic Party that has been hijacked by the radical left and fueled by hate speech from the left wing media. This guy King wants conservatives to become Democrats, or rather to become what the Democrats used to be before their party was taken over by the Marxists. Sorry Russell, but we are not buying it, we will stick to our principles.

NJ Stinks
04-06-2010, 02:04 AM
Actually, this is exactly backwards. It is the Democratic Party that has been hijacked by the radical left and fueled by hate speech from the left wing media.

I guess your radio doesn't work.

BlueShoe
04-06-2010, 02:21 AM
I guess your radio doesn't work.
But my television does. Btw, you are up late tonight, it is 2:20 in Jersey. Perhaps listening to one of those right wing radio shows?

NJ Stinks
04-06-2010, 02:37 AM
But my television does. Btw, you are up late tonight, it is 2:20 in Jersey. Perhaps listening to one of those right wing radio shows?

No, BlueShoe. I'm trying to convert the non-convertible. :D

But it's about that time.

bigmack
04-06-2010, 03:21 AM
No, BlueShoe. I'm trying to convert the non-convertible. :D

What a laugh - You & mostpost suckin' on the pipe of the usuals. Moveon.org, MSNBC & the like, then pretending as if you're bringing fresh ideas to the forum. You're both parrots in the most wretched fashion.

Bring me a campfire with free thought. These dolts have a guitar out tune and are singing the worst of Dylan.

Space Monkey
04-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Monkey
King is a liberal jerk, so am I, etc,etc.

Your words, not ours.

Where did I say that? And if I did it was pure sarcasm. Get a clue will you please. You're a moderate?? Yeah right. That is dispelled from just your avatar alone. I suppose you consider yourself open minded too ;)

Space Monkey
04-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Like this thread, nothing but insults and denials without addressing the points. King is a liberal jerk, so am I, etc,etc.

I found it. I obviously was quoting the right wingnuts responses. No wonder you are so easily fooled by Fox and the rest. IQ test needed. :lol:

Space Monkey
04-06-2010, 05:47 PM
BOXCAR you are now in second place on the right wingnut wall of shame. Tom is still #1 with his "Bush kept us safe for 8 years before Obama got in office". Tom will be tough to beat, but if you keep it up, you have a chance.

ArlJim78
04-06-2010, 05:51 PM
BOXCAR you are now in second place on the right wingnut wall of shame. Tom is still #1 with his "Bush kept us safe for 8 years before Obama got in office". Tom will be tough to beat, but if you keep it up, you have a chance.

aren't you the person who told us you're trying to unite the country, and decrying how the right wing nuts were full of hatred and not addressing the issues?

GaryG
04-06-2010, 06:00 PM
aren't you the person who told us you're trying to unite the country, and decrying how the right wing nuts were full of hatred and not addressing the issues?If you could run a power plant on hatred this guy could light up Las Vegas for a fortnight. I think he is also the one that said he was leaving because he did not want to be associated with people such as those at PA. Maybe some of the class is rubbing off on him.

hcap
04-06-2010, 06:05 PM
BOXCAR you are now in second place on the right wingnut wall of shame. Tom is still #1 with his "Bush kept us safe for 8 years before Obama got in office". Tom will be tough to beat, but if you keep it up, you have a chance.You have to remember box represents the religious rightwingnuts here on off topic.
Tom represents the shotgun. 40,000 posts covers a lot of ground. Sort of like an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite period of time will eventually create a Shakespearean sonnet.

Space Monkey
04-06-2010, 06:52 PM
aren't you the person who told us you're trying to unite the country, and decrying how the right wing nuts were full of hatred and not addressing the issues?
ArlJim78 is offline Report Bad Post Reply With Quote

Arl, I'm not hating, just calling out the lack of intelligence and yes, the lack of addressing the issues. What part of Tom's statement that I quoted don't you get? Or do you agree with it? Thats the ? Arl. do you agree with Tom's statement?

Gary, address the issues please, not some offhanded comment I might have made a month ago. You're repeating yourself. Come up with some new material.

Where is the guy that laughed off my Lee Atwater reference? Didn't give a reason why i was wrong, just made fun of it. Its a common theme here. Make fun of the lefty, don't rebut with any intelligent reasoning.

I compare this Tea Party movement to the radical left of the 60's. The SDS and others. The difference is the Dems of the 60's condemned those organizations, the Repubs of 2010 encourage the racism and hatred of the radical right. As far as I'm concerned, if you hate our government, you are anti-American.

Show Me the Wire
04-06-2010, 06:59 PM
As far as I'm concerned, if you hate our government, you are anti-American.

Spoken like a true conservative. America love it or leave it.
What happened to patriotic dissent, besides a different administration?
:lol:

BTW when will the dems condemn that esteemed democrat Senator for being a memeber of the KKK?

GaryG
04-06-2010, 07:14 PM
I compare this Tea Party movement to the radical left of the 60's. The SDS and others. The difference is the Dems of the 60's condemned those organizations.Tea Partiers are gettin it done all across the country. Friend of mine from Illinois said there was a rally in Bettendorf today. Ask Sen. Menendez what he thinks about the TPers... These are patriotic Americans and they will not be slowed by the desperate name calling of those like yourself and The Tingler. Rock on boys.

Space Monkey
04-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Hey show, this isn't patriotic dissent. This is about a party that is doing everything it can to destroy our President and bring our government to a halt. Its about power, not about whats best for our nation. Its about catering to the prejudiced and racist among us. Its ugly and destructive to our society. This didn't happen when Bush won. The anger against Bush was after he proved what an incompetent President he was.

GaryG
04-06-2010, 07:27 PM
The anger against Bush was after he proved what an incompetent President he was.Well, Barry Hussein is rapidly becoming the undisputed Worst Pres in History. So, there you are, patriotic dissent because we have an incompetent community organizer in the WH.

Space Monkey
04-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Gary, I will admit that the Tea Party movement is growing. Its grown from 7% of the Republican party to around 20%. Thats good for us. I will also admit that the Republicans will gain (a little) in the Nov elections. But when push comes to shove, in 2012, the American public will go to the polls and soundly defeat this movement. My biggest wish is that the Republicans hitch their wagon to a Tea Party candidate. If you thought McCain got his ass kicked,,,,,

Space Monkey
04-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Well, Barry Hussein is rapidly becoming the undisputed Worst Pres in History.

Nice quote. Proving my point again Gary. Why is he the worst President? The stimulus is working. I got in the market right after he was elected and I am doing very well, thank you. A lot better than my ROI here, lol. Banks are healthy, Most all economic indicators are up. Hes increased our troops in Afghanistan to keep us safe. He has agreed to drill off our coasts. Hes implemented a health care plan modeled after Mitt Romney's Massachusetts one. Guantanemo is still open. I don't get it Gary. We're a lot better off than we were during the Bush Presidency. Why is he so bad?

Show Me the Wire
04-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey show, this isn't patriotic dissent. This is about a party that is doing everything it can to destroy our President and bring our government to a halt. Its about power, not about whats best for our nation. Its about catering to the prejudiced and racist among us. Its ugly and destructive to our society. This didn't happen when Bush won. The anger against Bush was after he proved what an incompetent President he was.

You are right it is always about power. Just as it was when the dems attacked the previous administration. The dems were out of power and they wanted it back. Now that they have to set policy, it is not patriotic to dissent, but patriotism demands respecting the powers that be. Now, the dems are the conservatives as they want to keep the status quo of power

Space Monkey
04-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Show you just don't get it. Bush DESERVED the disdain he got. He proved that by running this country into the ground. Can you deny that? Obama has never been given a chance. Record filibusters, repubs blocking every proposed appointment. The Dems didn't resort to those tactics. You're living in the Fox dream world.

bigmack
04-06-2010, 08:15 PM
You're living in the Fox dream world.
Don't you feel a tad sheepish typing Fox in almost every other one of your posts when you're merely a pull string doll straight out of MSNBC?

Show Me the Wire
04-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Show you just don't get it. Bush DESERVED the disdain he got. He proved that by running this country into the ground. Can you deny that? Obama has never been given a chance. Record filibusters, repubs blocking every proposed appointment. The Dems didn't resort to those tactics. You're living in the Fox dream world.

I get it. Obama presiding over record unemployment, energy prices rising for no good reason, world instability, alienating our allies, especially Israel, ties to corruption, ties to a proven corrupt political machine, record numbers of foreclosures, ties to questionable liberation theology, and the list goes on. oh yes, still engaged in wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, etc, etc.

What don't I get?
Why his own party's majority in congress doesn't support his views?

Warren Henry
04-06-2010, 11:02 PM
As far as I'm concerned, if you hate our government, you are anti-American.

We don't hate the government as such. We don't even hate some of the current Dem leaders. We just can't accept that their ideas are what is best for the country. For that, you call us unpatriotic, racist, radical, etc. Get real.

newtothegame
04-06-2010, 11:26 PM

Wrong Monkey......
The part YOU and your lib friends don't get is this isn't about tea partiers being unpatriotic. Its just the opposite as a matter of fact. These are americans who are standing up for what they believe in....which is the Constitution. Your party of elected leaders can't even justify their stance within their own party. When asked about the constitutionality, they just remark how "they know whats best".
Its not about destroying the president...its about the president destroying america. It is ALL about power. What part of the more the government controls, the more power it has over its citizenry do you NOT understand?
You use terms like "our society"....where was the "our society" when a MAJORITY of americans were against the healthcare bill yet the supposed leaders in this country went as passed it (as Pelosi said) ANYWAY ANYHOW.???
I am all against violence in showing peoples frustrations. But I can tell you sincerely, I understand it. The people are speaking up...and they get called every hate name in the book by the LEFT, and somehow people like you come here and tell us its the RIGHT?
You come on here and ask a list of questions...which by the way you have yet to acknowledge you were AGAIN wrong in saying that NO ONE answered. John and myself took the time and answered them. yet when you didnt like the answers, you chose to ignore that fact. Another common lib mind set...if it doesnt fit the agenda...then ignore it.
You guys can sit here all day long and talk about Bush...Clinton...reagan...hell whoever...but the facts are this. BARRY has the OFFICE. The Dems Control both houses. We have huge unemployment figures and this administartion just keeps trying to tell us how rosey everything is.
Your starting to sound frustrated yourself....is it due to the fact that you too are realizing the tea party is a serious movement and not a one or two month fad? There will be reprecussions in the mid terms. The two special elections, next month I believe, will be a start...we shall see....

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2010, 04:15 AM
Hey show, this isn't patriotic dissent. This is about a party that is doing everything it can to destroy our President and bring our government to a halt. Its about power, not about whats best for our nation. Its about catering to the prejudiced and racist among us. Its ugly and destructive to our society. This didn't happen when Bush won. The anger against Bush was after he proved what an incompetent President he was.Man, you are just a comedy goldmine.

This didn't happen when Bush won? Really now. Are you sure?

The anger against Bush was after he "proved" what an incompetent President he was? Really now. How many of the BUSH policies has Obama continued? Quite a few if I recall. How's that PATRIOT act coming along...oh, that's right...it was renewed recently...was it not?

How's Iraq coming along...troops still there? How's Afghanistan coming along...troops still there? How's the BAILOUTS and TARP coming along...still in force I believe...about to start being rolled back..but he's been in office almost 15 months now...

You were saying?

Oh, that's right...you were saying that the anger against Bush was after he "proved" what an incompetent President he was. Anger from WHAT group exactly? Certainly not all Americans. Mostly the anger came from liberals and the far left. Note I did type ANGER. Anger is pretty serious...I would venture a guess that a majority of Americans were not ANGRY. They may not have approved of Bush's policies, but they were not ANGRY. ANGER was reserved pretty much for the far left of the spectrum.

Now. What about the folks who think our current President is INCOMPETENT, and has been INCOMPETENT since even before taking office? Is their anger now justified in your opinion?

Telling the world that the nuclear option is OFF THE TABLE is pretty INCOMPETENT in my opinion. That's only his most recent blunder. We can look at the whole recent run-in with Israel as another example of Obama administration INCOMPETENCE, can we not?

Is the ANGER now justified? If they think Obama is INCOMPETENT, and the evidence is clearly mounting by the month (curiously, in reverse correlation to Obama's own sinking APPROVAL RATINGS), then surely by your own set standards, the ANGER you are seeing is just and patriotic.

Tom
04-07-2010, 07:54 AM

Try Travelocity....maybe they can get you a flight back to reality.
That is a fact, son.

gales0678
04-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Jeb Bush in '12

He can win. He has demonstrated that he can get key votes from the main group that the Republicans need to take back the White House - that group is Hispanics

Do the math :

Jeb would not lose any of the states that McCain won (almost any Repub wouldn't either)
That starts him at 173
Now if we give Bush 3 states that went Obama in 2008 , but , may go back to the right in '12 , one being Bush's home state of Florida where he should beat Obama , the other 2 are southern states NC and VA

The election will come down to 4-6 states all would be up for grabs Penn , Ohio , Indiana , New Hamshire Colorado and New Mex

Bush could beat Obama in '12 it's not a longshot

Space Monkey
04-07-2010, 08:58 AM
I want to make something perfectly clear. I've never called anybody here a racist. Are there some here? Sure. There are racist among us wherever we go. My point is that the Tea Party is attracting them. If I'm standing next to someone at a TP rally who has a sign that reads KILL OBAMAcare superimposed over the silhouette of a gun and the guy on my other side has a stuffed monkey in his pocket, then I'd have to take a long look in the mirror. I wouldn't be associated with people like that. The TP rally down here in Tampa was UGLY! Open racism and violent innuendo was everywhere.

If you knew me you'd know that I'm not happy with a lot of what Obama's done. Keeping Guietner, Summers, Bernancke, bailing out AIG and the other too big to fail institutions, supporting the Patriot Act, stating his intention to continue NAFTA, continuing the Fizer bill, his deal with Big Pharma. There's more but I got a tee time to make.

But what he has done is working. My problem with my friends from the right is that you won't give him credit for anything. I'm sorry, but when people won't face facts and concede anything to an opponent, then your credibility goes out the window.

Props to longtime conservative radio talk show host Michael Smerconish from Philly for resigning from the Republican Party and registering as an independent. I saw his explanation on the tube and his reasoning falls right along with what I'm saying.

Props to Republican Coburn for supporting Nancy Pelosi's character. While stating that their politics are 180* apart, he said she is a good person and (I'm paraphrasing) the character assassinations should be stopped.

Maybe this is the beginning of better times. I hope more members of the GOP follow Coburn's lead. Somehow I doubt it.

ArlJim78
04-07-2010, 10:24 AM
The TP rally down here in Tampa was UGLY! Open racism and violent innuendo was everywhere.
I'm calling bullshit on this one. First off you've never been to a tea party. second, where are your photo's or video proof of the open racism? lord knows that is what everyone is looking for. You would be a youtube sensation if you uploaded a video that showed such ugliness at a tea party event.

your mission is clear, it's to smear and discredit that which you do not understand. I have a fair amount of tea party experience, I have witnessed nothing like what you described. What I find are people like me that are tired of the same old same old big spending from Washington, and people who do not want any more of Obamas socialism.

Obama is a complete disaster as a president, and the tea party people understand that, and will lead the charge to remove Democrats from power this fall, and remove Obama from office in 2012. And I think you also sense that this is true so you are going on a quest to smear. Its really phony all your concern for Republicans.

Space Monkey
04-08-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm calling bullshit on this one.

So you're calling me a liar!

Its really phony all your concern for Republicans.

Once again. Your ignorance is showing.

your mission is clear, it's to smear and discredit that which you do not understand.

No, I understand. Its that you can't understand my position. I've stated that not everybody in the TP is a radical, racist, etc. I've said that its ATTRACTING those types and that the Tea Party movement has many racist among them that true Tea Party Patriots must distance themselves from. Its not happening. My "Where I Stand" thread left plenty of room for people to state their agreements with me, but instead you chose to criticize what you didn't like even after my request to focus on the positive. You're exactly what's wrong with what's going on in this country now. Your hate towards Obama, Pelosi and all democrats and Liberals have turned you into nothing but a tool for the people behind the policies that have gotten us into this mess.

PA, you're really stretching with your ANGER post. Anger for me is the first, most basic emotion. Not what you stated at all.

Warren, I meant to respond to a previous post that said you lost your $80,000 a year job to outsourcing, but don't feel the company did anything wrong. Do I have that right? These USA corporations, which have achieved their success because of the USA, using USA workers and selling their products to USA citizens have a responsibility to our country. Instead they are taking advantage of foreign Governments that commit human rights violations (China) and take advantage of poor economic conditions (India) to screw people like you out of a job. AND YOU'RE OK WITH IT??

I drive GM, my next TV will be a Vizio. I realize you can't buy American 100% and not all US companies that manufacture overseas are wrong in doing that (Apple). But here are 2 websites that sell 100% American made products.

www.madeinamericaforever.com
www.wegoted.com

What I've learned here is that to most of you, there is no middle ground. I'm an effin liberal, I'm a phony, I'm a liar,,etc. Even when I support centrist ideas and republicans. You respond with insults while ignoring facts. You have a basic, push button mentality. You get confused when I bring up Lee Atwater and Glass/Spiegel.

I'm done here. I'm taking the advice of my wife and daughter and will no longer try to reach out to people I thought I had something in common with. I have a software program to learn in 3 weeks and I can't be bothered with this anymore.

One more thing,
To Tom,

I know you live in upstate New York. What I would like you to do is next time there is a memorial service at Ground Zero, I want you to get in your ****ing car and drive down there. I want you to have a sign to show the families of the heroes that died that day. I want that sign to read "Bush Kept Us Safe for 8 Years". Go for it big guy.

Tom
04-08-2010, 03:48 PM
I know you live in upstate New York. What I would like you to do is next time there is a memorial service at Ground Zero, I want you to get in your ****ing car and drive down there. I want you to have a sign to show the families of the heroes that died that day. I want that sign to read "Bush Kept Us Safe for 8 Years". Go for it big guy.

You grasp of reality is really slipping. I said after 9-11 Bush kept us safe. An d
i said within his first year, Obama nearly had an airliner go down. I think I asked you to refute either statement and you never did. Now you came back with this nonsense. You are really a waste of my time.

Warren Henry
04-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Warren, I meant to respond to a previous post that said you lost your $80,000 a year job to outsourcing, but don't feel the company did anything wrong. Do I have that right? These USA corporations, which have achieved their success because of the USA, using USA workers and selling their products to USA citizens have a responsibility to our country. Instead they are taking advantage of foreign Governments that commit human rights violations (China) and take advantage of poor economic conditions (India) to screw people like you out of a job. AND YOU'RE OK WITH IT??

You are putting a lot of words in my mouth. What I said is that I can't blame any company for getting the services that I used to provide at 80/hr from someone else for 25/hr. That might just mean that the job I did was no longer worth 80. Instead of whining about my misfortune, it was more prudent to move on and find something else that would provide the type of income I desired, or to learn to get by on 25.

The guy in India who might have ended up creating code that I used to do was probably living pretty high on the hog in his country. If he isn't getting screwed, how is it that I am getting screwed?

The world has changed. We live in a global economy. Not all countries have the same standards of living, tax structures, environmental concerns etc. To survive in a global economy, one must compete. Putting up barriers or insisting that we do all commerce exclusively within our borders will not work. $80/hr COBOL programmers are as obsolete as buggy whip makers. Trying to artificially provide me with the same income while allowing me to produce exactly what I did will bring economic ruin to whoever it is that is either trying to (or forced to) subsidize me. The only difference between me folks from the left is that I realize this, and can accept responsibility for my own well being.

One of the problems we have in this country is thinking that everyone is entitled to a "decent" living environment without "decent" being defined or reasonable. The disadvantaged in this country are WAY better off than they are in most other parts of the world. But, that is a topic for another thread.

ArlJim78
04-08-2010, 05:38 PM
No, I understand. Its that you can't understand my position. I've stated that not everybody in the TP is a radical, racist, etc. I've said that its ATTRACTING those types and that the Tea Party movement has many racist among them that true Tea Party Patriots must distance themselves from. Its not happening.
it is not attracting those types. You and the other race baiters can hash that one out. The tea party people have not made any racially motivated statements, so I see no reason why they should distance themselves from anything. Where is your concern for DEMOCRATS to distance themselves from the numerous examples of hatred that have been posted over the last week? The president, and Reid and Pelosi have disparaged the tea party movement in general calling us hate mongers and Nazi's and evil doers. Are you going to stand up to that and demand that Democrats distance themselves from thet hateful rhetoric. If not then you are just another hypocritical tool of the left.

"My "Where I Stand" thread left plenty of room for people to state their agreements with me, but instead you chose to criticize what you didn't like even after my request to focus on the positive. "

So I can only disagree with you on one particular thread? Why do you feel the need to control where I post and what I choose to talk about?

"You're exactly what's wrong with what's going on in this country now. Your hate towards Obama, Pelosi and all democrats and Liberals have turned you into nothing but a tool for the people behind the policies that have gotten us into this mess."

People like me are not calling the shots in this country now, or for as far back as I can remember. So I don't know how suddenly I represent what is wrong. How is that even possible, when I am at odds with 90% of what goes on in Washington?

My hatred is directed at the people who got us into this mess. It's people that have promised us a great society, that big government is always the solution, that more of it is a good thing for all. That has never worked, all of the programs are titanic flops that have left us less than 10 years away from a financial wreck when 100% of the federal budget will go to entitlements.

"These USA corporations, which have achieved their success because of the USA, using USA workers and selling their products to USA citizens have a responsibility to our country. Instead they are taking advantage of foreign Governments that commit human rights violations (China) and take advantage of poor economic conditions (India) to screw people like you out of a job. AND YOU'RE OK WITH IT??"

It's time to step into this century pops. Companies are using overseas labor and people are buying up cheap products made overseas as fast as they arrive. The US did not keep up in terms of manufacturing productivity. We were too busy fattening our pensions and salaries and paying the highest capital gains taxes in the world.

"I realize you can't buy American 100% and not all US companies that manufacture overseas are wrong in doing that (Apple)."

On what rationale do you make a distinction for Apple? Why are they not screwing Americans out of a job by manufacturing overseas?

"There is no middle ground. I'm an effin liberal, I'm a phony, I'm a liar,,etc. Even when I support centrist ideas and republicans. You respond with insults while ignoring facts. You have a basic, push button mentality. You get confused when I bring up Lee Atwater and Glass/Spiegel."

Yes you got that right. There is not much middle ground. I don't see many centrist or moderate ideas that make much sense. Nobody was confused about Lee Atwater, but we were stunned to know why someone would feel that he's relevant right now. And I believe you mean Glass/Steagall, not Spiegel. Here is one area we agree on, it was a mistake to repeal that act.

PaceAdvantage
04-08-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm done here. I'm taking the advice of my wife and daughter and will no longer try to reach out to people I thought I had something in common with. I have a software program to learn in 3 weeks and I can't be bothered with this anymore.Bothered with what? Going around telling certain people how much they suck and how they're basically the worst that society has to offer?

You really need to brush up on your "reaching out" technique.

ddog
04-08-2010, 08:54 PM
PA

It's you who are in for that awkening.

the dye is set , you are living the decline , sadly no amount of voting will change it.

the math can't work now.

Major pain coming.

p.s. the last TP i was at there was 1non-white out of 2500-3000, no that didn't mean all there were racist.

also, the pugs will take over the party- there is no leader to step in.

Once that happens and it has started already, that tp stuff is done.

sorry they are not it. not now anyway.

PaceAdvantage
04-08-2010, 08:56 PM
PA

It's you who are in for that awkening.

the dye is set , you are living the decline , sadly no amount of voting will change it.

the math can't work now.

Major pain coming.I know. You've been telling me for quite a long time about what's coming. Eventually, you might be right. How long do we wait before you lose credit?

Tom
04-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Space Monkey
I'm done here.

Buh bye.

ddog
04-08-2010, 09:01 PM
I know. You've been telling me for quite a long time about what's coming. Eventually, you might be right. How long do we wait before you lose credit?

pa

you seem to have short memory or you are not in tune with much these days.

you really think this isn't a decline?

you seem a nice guy but you really don't have much clue of the goings on , not in the past and you are not getting any better.

Maybe you can help me restore some cred - explain your path out exactly.

go ahead try it.

ElKabong
04-08-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm done here. I'm taking the advice of my wife and daughter and will no longer try to reach out to people I thought I had something in common with. I have a software program to learn in 3 weeks and I can't be bothered with this anymore.

Ms. Faust at ComiNskey Park is firing up her signature top of the 9th song for ya, Monkey.....Na na na na....Hey hey hey......

PaceAdvantage
04-08-2010, 09:32 PM
pa

you seem to have short memory or you are not in tune with much these days.

you really think this isn't a decline?

you seem a nice guy but you really don't have much clue of the goings on , not in the past and you are not getting any better.

Maybe you can help me restore some cred - explain your path out exactly.

go ahead try it.You used the term "major pain is coming" as if it already isn't here. Now you're putting me on the defensive by asking if I really think this isn't a decline?

Silly question, don't you think?

You've been saying we're headed for disaster for a long time now...obviously, that means you think the major pain has not arrived. I was just asking when you think it might show up.

lamboguy
04-08-2010, 09:45 PM
we are only here on a visit. so why even think that we are gone. try focusing in on the positives in life. personally i disdain all politions no matter which side they come from, but that doesn's stop me from betting on horse racing and stock markets on a daily basis. i work out every day and breath this nice air outside. once in awhile i can do something good for someone else in life so i am not completely selfish.

the way i look at is like this, whatever you think about you bring about, whatever you focus on grows. just try to make this world a better place

Space Monkey
04-09-2010, 06:54 PM
You grasp of reality is really slipping. I said after 9-11 Bush kept us safe. An d
i said within his first year, Obama nearly had an airliner go down. I think I asked you to refute either statement and you never did. Now you came back with this nonsense. You are really a waste of my time.

Before I REALLY go, I have to respond to this lie. That's why its so hard to leave. The minute you say you're leaving somebody takes an unfair shot at you.. The post I was referring to Tom was about a month ago. You listed 4 points. Point #1 was,

1. Bush kept us safe for 8 years before Obama got in office.

Thats it, quote, unquote, verbatim, word for word however you want to phrase it. I called you out immediately, telling you you must come from the Rudy Guiliani School of History. You didn't refute it. But now a month later you say you said something different. Bullshit. Man up son. I searched back and I can't find the post. You can copy/paste anything you want here, but I'm sure it won't be that original statement. I know what I read. If you had said that you misspoke, or just forgot to include "after the first year" that would explain it. But you didn't. You come up with this lie a month later. How weak.

Obama almost had a plane go down?? Well the underwear bomber was caught. Like the shoe bomber was too under GW. We are going to face threats like this forever. Planes taking off from foreign countries with terrorists trying every conceivable way to blow up planes headed for the US. I expect someone will succeed, and it won't matter who is President. I could forgive Bush for 9/11 if it wasn't for the fact that he got a memo just a few months before telling him exactly what was going to happen. And the arrogant sob ignored it.

As I was searching back I came across another one of your gems.

Obama is our enemy. Really Tom. That statement is not only anti-American, but treasonous.

You're one political sicko Tom.

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2010, 07:27 PM
I could forgive Bush for 9/11 if it wasn't for the fact that he got a memo just a few months before telling him exactly what was going to happen. And the arrogant sob ignored it.Speaking of political sickos...

Bush got a memo saying they were going to fly one United and one American airliner into each tower of the WTC?

Then the memo said they were going to fly a plane into the Pentagon? And another into the White House? This memo also told Bush it would all happen on the morning of September 11, 2001?

That's some memo.

If what you say is true (and we all know it's not)....who exactly is the political sicko here?

toetoe
04-09-2010, 07:27 PM
I compare this Tea Party movement to the radical left of the 60's. The SDS and others. The difference is the Dems of the 60's condemned those organizations

Not calling you names; just curious as to what chew smokin', as these "condemned" folks are in power right now.

Tom
04-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Hey Space Money, if you are going to go, please go now and stop polluting this forum with your childish uneducated ranting. You sound like a third graded who wet his pants.

Call me a liar, little boy? You don't have the brains know a lie from a fart.
Stop embarrassing yourself - most of here think your are a total joke.

Space Monkey
04-09-2010, 07:47 PM
It continues to amaze me how you all challenge what is common knowledge. What is fact. Bush got a memo months before telling him what Bin laden was planning. Instead of beefing up airport security, he did nothing. Life is bliss in Right Wing Toolland.

Toetoe, first of all your post makes no sense. I'll try to decipher your poor grammer and lack of proper phraseology. The radical left, like the SDS was in the late 60's. The Dems of THAT ERA, distanced themselves from those organizations. The Republicans of TODAY encourage the radical right. Get it?

Space Monkey
04-09-2010, 07:51 PM
You always know when you've proved your point when the fool is reduced to mindless insults.

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Bush got a memo months before telling him what Bin laden was planning.No he didn't. He got a memo which stated what every President for the past 5-10 years before Bush already knew...bin Laden was determined to attack the west...

The memo said nothing of dates or methods, as you are trying to imply...

No insults here...just facts.

fast4522
04-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Steve 'StatMan'
04-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Some people call me the Space Monkey....

JustRalph
04-09-2010, 08:06 PM

the gangsta of Lies!

ArlJim78
04-09-2010, 09:35 PM
how many times can someone leave in a huff, "for good", in a 2-3 day period?

newtothegame
04-09-2010, 10:13 PM
You always know when you've proved your point when the fool is reduced to mindless insults.

Amazing you post this statement above...and call someone a "fool".....
You colors are showing Monkey!!!

newtothegame
04-09-2010, 10:20 PM
You want racist and radicals??? Here ya go....

Agent Provocateur Mad Hatters want to crash your Tea Party (http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/21802)

Warning: Marinated-in-Marxism Democrats and supporters are hot on the trail of Tea Pary Patriots.
They have launched a Crash the Tea Party (CTTP) website: crashtheteaparty.org on the eve of the April 15 anniversary of the Tea Party.

“WHO WE ARE, Crash The Tea Party style, is a lesson in Marxism 101: “A nationwide (http://#) network of Democrats, Republicans, and Independents who are sick and tired of that loose affiliation of racists, homophobes, and morons; who constitute the fake grass-roots movement which calls itself “The Tea Party.”
The definition of CTTP couldn’t have been better scripted by Nancy Pelosihttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_bing.gif (http://#).

“WHAT WE WANT: To dismantle and demolish the Tea Party by any non-violent means necessary.

“HOW WE WILL SUCCEED: By infiltrating the Tea Party itself! In an effort to propagate their pre-existing propensity for paranoia and suspicion…We have already sat quietly in their meetings, and observed their rallies.”

But the game-plan is Crash the Tea Party’s most ominous part: “We will act on behalf of the Tea Party in ways which exaggerate their least appealing qualities (misspelled protest signs, wild claims in TV interviews, etc.) to further distance them from mainstream America and damage the public’s opinion of them. We will also use the inside information that we have gained in order to disrupt and derail their plans.” (Emphasis CFP’s).

“Sound like fun? It is!! If you’d like to join us, just click on the word “crash!” below.

Crash the Tea Party could should be called Agent Provocateurs Are Us!

And like the scurrilous snipers of the sidelines they are, they try to pass off their website registrant name as Ben Franklin.

Crash the Tea Party was registered April 3, 2010.
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/21802

Tom
04-09-2010, 11:06 PM

I just call you Maurice.

boxcar
04-09-2010, 11:10 PM
how many times can someone leave in a huff, "for good", in a 2-3 day period?

Sounds awfully Suff[y]-like.

Boxcar

ElKabong
04-09-2010, 11:46 PM
I just call you Maurice.

I'm a Spaaaaaace Monkey
I bet you weren't ready for THAT
ya ya ya yaaa.

ArlJim78
04-10-2010, 12:46 AM
I just call you Maurice.
why? does he speak of the pompatus of love?

Tom
04-10-2010, 10:39 AM
Yes he does.
And he is a picker, a grinner, a lover, a sinner.

Boggles the mind!

GaryG
04-10-2010, 11:49 AM
The Joker in 2009

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1d/Steve_Miller_Ravinia.jpg/220px-Steve_Miller_Ravinia.jpg (http:///wiki/File:Steve_Miller_Ravinia.jpg)

JustRalph
04-10-2010, 04:24 PM
btw, the Joker ole Steve is a real ego maniac if you ever meet him in person...........I know some guys who did security for him.......they tell some amazing stories............

JustRalph
11-16-2010, 05:44 AM
Gary, I will admit that the Tea Party movement is growing. Its grown from 7% of the Republican party to around 20%. Thats good for us. I will also admit that the Republicans will gain (a little) in the Nov elections. But when push comes to shove, in 2012, the American public will go to the polls and soundly defeat this movement. My biggest wish is that the Republicans hitch their wagon to a Tea Party candidate. If you thought McCain got his ass kicked,,,,,

Bumped just for the fun of it. He was right. The Repubs did gain "a little"

I came across this thread while searching for something else. PA, does this IP still show up?

Overlay
11-16-2010, 08:35 AM
"(Anticipating your initial response: No there is nothing that even comes close to this level of wingnuttery on the American Left.)"

You can tell that Mr. King has never visited the Democratic Underground site.

Overlay
11-16-2010, 09:01 AM
"(Anticipating your initial response: No there is nothing that even comes close to this level of wingnuttery on the American Left.)"

You can tell that Mr. King has never visited the Democratic Underground site.
As an afterthought: Mr. King would probably not get my point, since he would likely consider the views on the DU site to be mainstream.

PaceAdvantage
11-16-2010, 11:38 AM
PA, does this IP still show up?Why do you ask? :lol:

boxcar
11-16-2010, 02:24 PM

I came across this thread while searching for something else. PA, does this IP still show up?

He was very obviously Spaced out when he wrote that drivel.

Boxcar

JustRalph
11-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Why do you ask? :lol:

just for the fun of it.......... maybe somebody is skulking around here wearing a mask......... :lol:

NJ Stinks
11-16-2010, 06:19 PM

Your post reminds me of last night's football game. The Eagles were up 35-0. Then the Redskins scored two consecutive TD's to make it 35-14. Suddenly, the stadium was rocking! The SKINS were back!! :jump:

Final score:

Democrats 59
Lipton Pubs 28

stats725
04-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Space monkey, there are lots of unproven theories inhorse racing, I think only ideas that can be quantifyied and tested at many tracks for thousands of plays will be valid. Some time ago you spoke of getting the morning telegraph in downtown providence. I was born there, and the first time i bet a horse was about 1971 at lincoln downs. How are you doing today?

Mike at A+
04-12-2011, 09:23 AM
If there's any "hatred", it's squarely in the corner of the far left. Look what they did to Sarah Palin? They went after her daughter and her special needs child. Any Republican woman today is mocked in the most crude manner simply because she's a Republican and for no other reason. If you don't like Obama's policies, you are immediately branded a racist by the left. If you dislike the over the top spending being done by this administration, you want children to die and you want seniors to choose between their medication and food (cat food of course). If you have any awareness of violent crime demographics, again you're a racist. If you believe that people should migrate to America the way our parents and grandparents did, you're obviously a bigot. If you stand up for Israel, you're a Zionist pig. If you're a Christian, you are the last accepted form of discrimination in America. If you want to keep the conventional definition of marriage, you're a homophobe. If you don't like abortion, you're obviously an old white man who wants to control women's bodies. If you believe that lower taxes are good for our economy, you must be in bed with "big oil".

The problem in America is that too many people with too much air time would rather engage in personal attacks than look for solutions. Obama is the number one offender. I thought Carter was bad but this guy is putrid. He is in way over his head without a clue about what made America great.

cj's dad
04-12-2011, 11:21 AM
My nomination for post of the year !If there's any "hatred", it's squarely in the corner of the far left. Look what they did to Sarah Palin? They went after her daughter and her special needs child. Any Republican woman today is mocked in the most crude manner simply because she's a Republican and for no other reason. If you don't like Obama's policies, you are immediately branded a racist by the left. If you dislike the over the top spending being done by this administration, you want children to die and you want seniors to choose between their medication and food (cat food of course). If you have any awareness of violent crime demographics, again you're a racist. If you believe that people should migrate to America the way our parents and grandparents did, you're obviously a bigot. If you stand up for Israel, you're a Zionist pig. If you're a Christian, you are the last accepted form of discrimination in America. If you want to keep the conventional definition of marriage, you're a homophobe. If you don't like abortion, you're obviously an old white man who wants to control women's bodies. If you believe that lower taxes are good for our economy, you must be in bed with "big oil".

The problem in America is that too many people with too much air time would rather engage in personal attacks than look for solutions. Obama is the number one offender. I thought Carter was bad but this guy is putrid. He is in way over his head without a clue about what made America great.

mostpost
04-12-2011, 12:50 PM
If there's any "hatred", it's squarely in the corner of the far left. Look what they did to Sarah Palin? They went after her daughter and her special needs child.
I don't recall any responsible democrat "going after" Palin's downs syndrome son. There were a few bloggers who suggested that the child was not Palin's but rather her daughter's. Most of us thought that was stupid and said so. And despite what you may have read elsewhere, no one on this side thought she should have aborted the baby. The criticism was that she made a choice which she would deny to other women.

Any Republican woman today is mocked in the most crude manner simply because she's a Republican and for no other reason.
Christine O'Donnell was a witch. Sarah Palin doesn't read magazines and was not familiar with the Bush Doctrine. Jan Brewer favors unconstitutional solutions to the immigration problem. Michelle Bachman want congress investigated for unamerican activities. And we're not supposed to mock them?
Seriously?

If you don't like Obama's policies, you are immediately branded a racist by the left.
You are branded a racist because of pictures of Obama with a bone through his nose, obsession with the idea that he was born in Kenya, and constant complaint that he is favoring "his own"

If you dislike the over the top spending being done by this administration, you want children to die and you want seniors to choose between their medication and food (cat food of course).
The problem is not that you object to the spending. It is that you can't see that it was made necessary by the failures of the previous administration. And yes, you do want children to die and seniors to choose between medicine and cat food. Otherwise you would not be in favor of privatizing Social Security and ending Medicare.

If you have any awareness of violent crime demographics, again you're a racist.
If you point out that crime is higher in the inner city and among blacks and Latinos and don't point out that there is a strong economic reason behind that fact, then you are a racist.

If you believe that people should migrate to America the way our parents and grandparents did, you're obviously a bigot.
If you walk down the street and ass/u/me that every brown skinned person you see is here illegally, then you are a bigot.

If you stand up for Israel, you're a Zionist pig.
If you stand up for Israel, that's fine. But if you believe that there is only one side to the situation in the middle east. If you think that Palestinian people have no rights. If you countenance every action by Israel, because they are Israel, then you are wrong.

If you're a Christian, you are the last accepted form of discrimination in America.
There is nothing wrong with being a Christian. But for many, being a Christian is taken as license to be arrogant, self-righteous and intolerant. There is the attitude of only we have the answers; only we will find salvation.

If you want to keep the conventional definition of marriage, you're a homophobe.
I can not say whether you are a homophobe. I can say that your definition of marriage is not the only one. Mormons have a different definition. Some primitive societies practice serial marriage. The Inuit considered it bad manners not to offer their wives to guests.

If you don't like abortion, you're obviously an old white man who wants to control women's bodies.
You are an old white man. Your birth date is in your profile. Don't know about the controlling women's bodies part.

If you believe that lower taxes are good for our economy, you must be in bed with "big oil".

I don't know who you sleep with. Don't care! The thought that lower taxes are a panacea is just false. In the 50's and 60's we had higher taxes and the most prosperous era in our history. And a fairly stable deficit. In the eighties Reagan reduced taxes-exploding deficits. In the nineties Clinton raised taxes.
Result: the first surpluses in memory. In the 00's Bush lowered taxes, did not cut spending and started a war. Result: problems that even Obama has been unable to fix.

Absolutely right about the people with too much air time. Their names are Limbaugh, Hannnity, Beck and Levin.

Spiderman
04-12-2011, 01:33 PM
I see that a full roster of PA righties and a few progressives have put their two cents into this thread. It's about purporting your ideals in a civil manner, without hatred, hypocrisy, prejudice and inaccuracies.

If those poor traits are all that you've got, you don't have game. You can circle-jerk yourselves all you want into continued distortions and aberrations. Politics are cyclical - 2008 people voted for change from the ugly eight years of Bush, jr - 2010 mid-term elections people voted for change in government that did not happen. The political system is surely broke.

You want better government - promote the truth and be constructive, not obstructive.

Mike at A+
04-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Absolutely right about the people with too much air time. Their names are Limbaugh, Hannnity, Beck and Levin.
Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck and Levin are small potatoes compared to 90% of Hollywood, the mainstream media and your heroes in the entertainment world who sing very well but don't usually have two brain cells to rub together.

Now for the rest of your post:

Regarding Palin, all you need to know is that she was dragged through the mud in a well planned, concerted effort including (but not limited to) all of the above mentioned groups. And if you want to include the "bloggers", the people who monitor these sites should be thrown in jail for much of the garbage they allowed including death threats.

Regarding O'Donnell, she wasn't "a witch" but you're disingenuous for going there and so was anyone in the media who took a teenage game and turned it into a campaign strategy. I don't care what magazines Sarah Palin reads, I don't care how Jan Brewer keeps her state free of invading cockroaches, and Michele Bachman is right when she says that the Congress has more than its fair share of treasonous, unpatriotic jerkoffs. Harry Reid, John Kerry, Howard Dean, Al Gore and Alan Grayson are five that immediately come to mind. There are lots more.

I don't care about a Photoshopped picture of Obama with a bone through his nose. I didn't create that picture. I care more about idiots who call black Republicans "uncle Tom" or the "House Ni99er". I can't say with 100% certainty where Obama was born and neither can you. He is undocumented until he produces a REAL birth certificate. I just had to produce mine to get a passport. I didn't hire $2 million worth of lawyers to get myself out of that requirement. And you don't understand that a racist is someone who hates ALL people of the race in question. I love Alan West. I love Clarence Thomas. I love Bill Cosby. I love Juan Williams. I can't stand Obama, Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Rangel and Maxine Waters. Many blacks (and whites) on the left worship all the blacks I can't stand and hate all the blacks I love. You have a term for them?

I was never in favor of FORCED PRIVATIZATION of Social Security. Neither was George W. Bush. His plan would ALLOW people to privately invest about 16% of their retirement funds. MY plan would VOLUNTARILY ALLOW people to do whatever the hell they want with their retirement funds. There would be no handholding and no bailouts if you screw up or fail to plan properly.

Regarding crime demographics, I agree that economics can contribute to statistics. Keyword "CAN". I don't see any poor people in Japan looting and breaking windows like we did see in New Orleans and other cities in the U.S.

No one I know will assume that "every brown skinned" person is here illegally. But again, those pesky statistics show that the overwhelming majority of people who ARE here illegally fit the profile you described. Awareness. Try it sometimes without mixing political correctness into the fray. If a certain breed of dog has a "biting problem", you become wary of that breed.

Regarding Israel, I see retaliation on their part. NOT terrorism and NOT aggression. I don't see any Israeli suicide bombers. I don't see Israeli unprovoked lobbing of rockets into civilian areas - TARGETING civilian areas.

If Christians want to believe that "only we" will have salvation, that isn't any different from other religions believing the same thing. You are free to join the church/synagogue/mosque/temple of your choosing or none at all. And you are free to believe whatever you want and even proclaim it out loud in public. If I got a bug up my ass every time a Jehovah Witness rang my bell on a Saturday morning or had to hear people singing Hare Krishna on a New York Subway train, I'd be better off locking my door and hiding under the bed. I don't give a rat's ass about anyone's "attitude".

Neither Barack Obama nor I are "homophobes". We both believe that marriage is something between one man and one woman. You are free to believe whatever you want. Trying to legislate something like marriage is stupid. Legislate equal rights instead and I have no problem. Just don't call it marriage and I won't laugh in your face.

The fact that you looked up my birth date in my profile to make your stupid comment only confirms what I said - yep, you're an *******.

Your historical analysis of tax code doesn't mean a thing. Times change, things are different and what happened years ago cannot be applied to today with any degree of certainty. People love to talk about the stock market or unemployment or spending during the Bush years but they always seem to forget to mention the effects of 9/11 and the 2006 elections.

Nice try "mosty" but you lose on all points - again.

BlueShoe
04-12-2011, 03:34 PM
My nomination for post of the year !
Perhaps not of the year, but certainly a strong contender for post of the month. Post #99 captured the mindset and tactics of the Left exactly as it is. Tip of the cap to Mike. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

cj's dad
04-12-2011, 08:03 PM
And once again, the loonies from the left prove their insignificance with asinine responses to a well thought out post. Hey Mostie, I would wager at odds on that if Hitler were somehow still alive, you would find a way to spin his "achievements".

Perhaps not of the year, but certainly a strong contender for post of the month. Post #99 captured the mindset and tactics of the Left exactly as it is. Tip of the cap to Mike. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

mostpost
04-12-2011, 09:15 PM
The fact that you looked up my birth date in my profile to make your stupid comment only confirms what I said - yep, you're an *******.
Yes, I am a L-I-B-E-R-A-L. What does that have to do with anything. Anyway it's A liberal, not AN liberal.

mostpost
04-12-2011, 09:19 PM
And once again, the loonies from the left prove their significance with well thought out responses to an asinine post.

FTFY.

Tip o' the hat to tom.

Mike at A+
04-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Yes, I am a L-I-B-E-R-A-L. What does that have to do with anything. Anyway it's A liberal, not AN liberal.
Perhaps you missed this:

Last edited by PaceAdvantage : Today at 03:24 PM. Reason: Scrubbed by THE SCRUBBER

below my post.

I can't help but notice that you chose to focus on that one sentence rather than debate the issues I noted. Then again, you liberals choose to ignore facts when they are too embarassing to confront head on. Class dismissed.

bigmack
04-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Space monkey, there are lots of unproven theories inhorse racing, I think only ideas that can be quantifyied and tested at many tracks for thousands of plays will be valid. Some time ago you spoke of getting the morning telegraph in downtown providence. I was born there, and the first time i bet a horse was about 1971 at lincoln downs. How are you doing today?
This tired thread was revived by this strange post from a newcomer with 3 posts? :rolleyes: And then SpaceMonk, who was officially out, is now back in? :D

mostpost
04-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Perhaps you missed this:

Last edited by PaceAdvantage : Today at 03:24 PM. Reason: Scrubbed by THE SCRUBBER

below my post.

I can't help but notice that you chose to focus on that one sentence rather than debate the issues I noted. Then again, you liberals choose to ignore facts when they are too embarassing to confront head on. Class dismissed.

There might be reasons for you to think I am an *******, but one of them is not that I looked up your birth date. I thought you put in the asterisks because you realized it was not classy to say the word. I should have known that was not the case.

You want me to debate your #103? Be careful what you wish for.

Tom
04-12-2011, 10:59 PM
It wasn't broken.

mostpost
04-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck and Levin are small potatoes compared to 90% of Hollywood, the mainstream media and your heroes in the entertainment world who sing very well but don't usually have two brain cells to rub together.
Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck and Levin are on the air twelve hours a day Monday through Friday. Their shows reach every corner of the country. Which Hollywood personality has even one politically themed show on radio or TV.
(Bill Maher does have a weekly show on HBO, which reaches about one percent of the population.)

Mainstream media? The networks have one thirty minute newscast each day and they concentrate on news-real news not the made up stuff you read.

Regarding Palin, all you need to know is that she was dragged through the mud in a well planned, concerted effort including (but not limited to) all of the above mentioned groups. And if you want to include the "bloggers", the people who monitor these sites should be thrown in jail for much of the garbage they allowed including death threats.

The criticism of Palin that I remember concerned her political views and her lack of basic knowledge. If you can provide me with specific examples of disrespect for her down syndrome child, please do so. I WANT LINKS.

Regarding O'Donnell, she wasn't "a witch" but you're disingenuous for going there and so was anyone in the media who took a teenage game and turned it into a campaign strategy. I don't care what magazines Sarah Palin reads, I don't care how Jan Brewer keeps her state free of invading cockroaches, and Michele Bachman is right when she says that the Congress has more than its fair share of treasonous, unpatriotic jerkoffs. Harry Reid, John Kerry, Howard Dean, Al Gore and Alan Grayson are five that immediately come to mind. There are lots more.

By her own words she "dabbled in witchcraft" She did not say she pretended to be a witch or played at being a witch. She said she had a date on a satanic alter. She also said masturbation was adultery. But neither of those were reasons to make fun of her. It was all her other crazy ideas.

Now if you had said you don't care how Jan Brewer controls illegal immigration in her state I would have just thought that you are not to versed in constitutional law. But when you refer to human beings as cockroaches it is very clear where you are coming from. The same applies when you refer to members of Congress as jerkoffs.

I don't care about a Photoshopped picture of Obama with a bone through his nose. I didn't create that picture. I care more about idiots who call black Republicans "uncle Tom" or the "House Ni99er". I can't say with 100% certainty where Obama was born and neither can you. He is undocumented until he produces a REAL birth certificate. I just had to produce mine to get a passport. I didn't hire $2 million worth of lawyers to get myself out of that requirement. And you don't understand that a racist is someone who hates ALL people of the race in question. I love Alan West. I love Clarence Thomas. I love Bill Cosby. I love Juan Williams. I can't stand Obama, Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Rangel and Maxine Waters. Many blacks (and whites) on the left worship all the blacks I can't stand and hate all the blacks I love. You have a term for them?

I do know where Obama was born and so do you. Hawaii. No doubt in my mind. Your theory that you have to hate ALL people of the race in question is interesting. According to that theory one could treat members of a race horribly but it would be all right as long as they did not hate one member of that race. :rolleyes:

I was never in favor of FORCED PRIVATIZATION of Social Security. Neither was George W. Bush. His plan would ALLOW people to privately invest about 16% of their retirement funds. MY plan would VOLUNTARILY ALLOW people to do whatever the hell they want with their retirement funds. There would be no handholding and no bailouts if you screw up or fail to plan properly.

You do realize that making participation in Social Security would destroy it. Allowing people to privately invest 16% of their Social Security funds privately means that Social Security would have 16% less funds to pay beneficiaries. your use of the term "Their retirement funds" instead of Social Security contributions is inaccurate. People should be able to do what they want with "their retirement funds." Those funds are what are left after they have paid their bills, their taxes and their SS contributions.
Regarding crime demographics, I agree that economics can contribute to statistics. Keyword "CAN". I don't see any poor people in Japan looting and breaking windows like we did see in New Orleans and other cities in the U.S.

Perhaps the reason poor people in Japan do not loot is that they are treated with so much more respect than poor people in the United States are. Here is an article on looting after the earthquake.
http://www.slate.com/id/2288514/
One thing in particular which I noticed was where it said storekeepers reduced their prices so that people could buy essentials. In the United States you would hear stories of price gouging, especially if the storekeeper were of a different ethnicity than the people of the neighborhood.

No one I know will assume that "every brown skinned" person is here illegally. But again, those pesky statistics show that the overwhelming majority of people who ARE here illegally fit the profile you described. Awareness. Try it sometimes without mixing political correctness into the fray. If a certain breed of dog has a "biting problem", you become wary of that breed.

The overwhelming majority do not fit that profile. The overwhelming majority are here too work and make money to send home. You are confusing conspicuous minority with overwhelming majority. An easy mistake to make. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Regarding Israel, I see retaliation on their part. NOT terrorism and NOT aggression. I don't see any Israeli suicide bombers. I don't see Israeli unprovoked lobbing of rockets into civilian areas - TARGETING civilian areas.

I do not think that Israel unprovokedly or deliberately targets civilian areas for the purpose of inflicting civilian casualties. There are non-military ways to be aggressive. Establishing Israeli settlements in areas that are meant to be reserved for Palestinians would be one example. Israeli has its established homeland. How about one for the Palestinians? This only makes sense.

If Christians want to believe that "only we" will have salvation, that isn't any different from other religions believing the same thing. You are free to join the church/synagogue/mosque/temple of your choosing or none at all. And you are free to believe whatever you want and even proclaim it out loud in public. If I got a bug up my ass every time a Jehovah Witness rang my bell on a Saturday morning or had to hear people singing Hare Krishna on a New York Subway train, I'd be better off locking my door and hiding under the bed. I don't give a rat's ass about anyone's "attitude".

If other religions believe that they possess exclusive keys to heaven, they are also wrong. I choose not to be wrong. I think there are many paths to the pearly gates.

Neither Barack Obama nor I are "homophobes". We both believe that marriage is something between one man and one woman. You are free to believe whatever you want. Trying to legislate something like marriage is stupid. Legislate equal rights instead and I have no problem. Just don't call it marriage and I won't laugh in your face.

I will never understand why giving someone the opportunity for happiness makes you so unhappy. :confused:

Your historical analysis of tax code doesn't mean a thing. Times change, things are different and what happened years ago cannot be applied to today with any degree of certainty. People love to talk about the stock market or unemployment or spending during the Bush years but they always seem to forget to mention the effects of 9/11 and the 2006 elections.
9-11 cost us. But the major expenditures related to that involved the Iraq war, which was absolutely unnecessary. I have discussed the silliness about the democratic congress being to blame until I am sick of it. No one has ever accepted my challenge to point out specific actions by that congress which led to the Great Recession. Further more George Bush had the power to veto any laws the Democrats passed. They did not have a veto proof majority.

Nice try "mosty" but you lose on all points - again.
Nice try M.A.A.P. but you lose on all points- as usual

PaceAdvantage
04-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Nice try M.A.A.P. but you lose on all points- as usualAccording to who? You? You're the official scorekeeper now?

Heaven help us... :lol:

bigmack
04-13-2011, 12:01 AM
One thing in particular which I noticed was where it said storekeepers reduced their prices so that people could buy essentials. In the United States you would hear stories of price gouging, especially if the storekeeper were of a different ethnicity than the people of the neighborhood.
This single ideation of yours speaks volumes of where your brain is at. And it ain't planet Earth.

Mike at A+
04-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck and Levin are on the air twelve hours a day Monday through Friday. Their shows reach every corner of the country. Which Hollywood personality has even one politically themed show on radio or TV.
(Bill Maher does have a weekly show on HBO, which reaches about one percent of the population.)
Again you miss the point. It isn't the number of hours these people are on the air. It's the sheer numbers of those on the left who constantly chirp their nonsense in support of this racist failure of a president. The only time I listen to the 4 people you mention is when I'm in my car and even then it's more likely that I'll pop in a CD instead. And the idiots on the left are more about quick, over the top sound bites meant to grab the attention of people with small minds. I don't need anyone to tell me what to believe. In fact many times I will hear Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck and Levin say things that I arrived upon myself long before I hear it from them.

Mainstream media? The networks have one thirty minute newscast each day and they concentrate on news-real news not the made up stuff you read.
And their reporting is very different in tone from when George W. Bush was president. Obama always gets a pass from the mainstream media for the stupid things he says and does.

The criticism of Palin that I remember concerned her political views and her lack of basic knowledge. If you can provide me with specific examples of disrespect for her down syndrome child, please do so. I WANT LINKS.
Oh you want links? I don't do links usually and especially for things that transpired years ago. I do recall several HuffPost bloggers saying that Palin should have "aborted that little retard". And that just scratches the surface. I recall Letterman being the crude piece of excrement he is in front of a national audience and then giving a phony apology. If I was Todd Palin, Letterman would have needed facial reconstruction surgery soon afterwards.

By her own words she "dabbled in witchcraft" She did not say she pretended to be a witch or played at being a witch. She said she had a date on a satanic alter. She also said masturbation was adultery. But neither of those were reasons to make fun of her. It was all her other crazy ideas.
She was a teenager. End of story. Teenagers are goofy. Especially teenage girls. The mainstream media treated this like it was some sort of huge news item. It wasn't. It was tabloid trash plain and simple designed to impress upon weak minded people who thrive on gossip and negativity, namely, the Democratic base who are more about personal attacks than anything else.

Now if you had said you don't care how Jan Brewer controls illegal immigration in her state I would have just thought that you are not to versed in constitutional law. But when you refer to human beings as cockroaches it is very clear where you are coming from. The same applies when you refer to members of Congress as jerkoffs.
When dealing with an infestation, use of the word "cockroach" is appropriate.

I do know where Obama was born and so do you. Hawaii. No doubt in my mind. Your theory that you have to hate ALL people of the race in question is interesting. According to that theory one could treat members of a race horribly but it would be all right as long as they did not hate one member of that race.
Correction. I BELIEVE Obama was born in Hawaii. I would not bet my life on it. The point is that there is some doubt about his past that he's hidden quite well and SOME people would like to see a REAL birth certificate. I personally don't lose any sleep over it. As for your comment that all one would have to do is not hate ONE member of a race is ridiculous. I believe I quickly named 5 in each of the "like" and "don't like" category. I could say the same for white people. In fact, I'd include Obama in the white category as well.

You do realize that making participation in Social Security would destroy it. Allowing people to privately invest 16% of their Social Security funds privately means that Social Security would have 16% less funds to pay beneficiaries. your use of the term "Their retirement funds" instead of Social Security contributions is inaccurate. People should be able to do what they want with "their retirement funds." Those funds are what are left after they have paid their bills, their taxes and their SS contributions.
Obama is tossing trillions of dollars around like it's candy. It's all about priorities. Social Security can be made very strong well into the future with a few simple decisions. Instead, he takes million dollar vacations on our dime, he goes to Brazil with a bucket full of money, he shoots $600,000 rockets into Libya and then leaves the rebels high and dry to get crushed by Khadafy. PRIORITIES. I think everyone who posts on this board would welcome the opportunity to privately invest 16% of their SS withholdings. Of course there are stupid people who would be perfectly happy with the 3% growth our government has gotten on investments. I prefer the choice of doing my own investing.

Perhaps the reason poor people in Japan do not loot is that they are treated with so much more respect than poor people in the United States are.
Bullcrap! The people in Japan have more respect for themselves and their neighbors than the trash in New Orleans who were filmed stealing flat screen TV's and cases of Colt 45.

Pure conjecture on your part. Did it actually happen? Perhaps. But that would only support my argument that this is an American behavior and not a Japanese behavior. The race of the storekeeper is irrelevant. It's an easy way to make a quick buck by taking advantage of your own neighbor.

The overwhelming majority do not fit that profile. The overwhelming majority are here too work and make money to send home. You are confusing conspicuous minority with overwhelming majority. An easy mistake to make.
Regardless of their reason for being here, they all have one thing in common. They are criminals the minute they cross that border illegally. And overwhelmingly, they DO fit that profile.

I do not think that Israel unprovokedly or deliberately targets civilian areas for the purpose of inflicting civilian casualties. There are non-military ways to be aggressive. Establishing Israeli settlements in areas that are meant to be reserved for Palestinians would be one example. Israeli has its established homeland. How about one for the Palestinians? This only makes sense.
"Meant" to be reserved for Palestineans? MEANT? That goes out the window the minute one act of terrorism is committed. Israel is under attack on a daily basis from people bent on wiping Israel off the map.

If other religions believe that they possess exclusive keys to heaven, they are also wrong. I choose not to be wrong. I think there are many paths to the pearly gates.
You say they are wrong but you will never be able to prove that. Faith is faith. There's no proof. You either believe or you don't. You can't prove yourself right and no one is capable of proving you wrong. What people choose to believe is their own business no matter how much it bothers you.

I will never understand why giving someone the opportunity for happiness makes you so unhappy.
You obviously miss the point again. All I oblect to is the use of the word "marriage" in describing a same sex relation. Everything else is fine with me regarding inheritance, visitation benefits, tax benefits and all the other perks that come with marriage. I simply think it's wrong to give children the impression that marrying a member of the opposite sex and marrying someone of the same sex is a 50/50 proposition. Kids tend to think that way.

9-11 cost us. But the major expenditures related to that involved the Iraq war, which was absolutely unnecessary. I have discussed the silliness about the democratic congress being to blame until I am sick of it. No one has ever accepted my challenge to point out specific actions by that congress which led to the Great Recession. Further more George Bush had the power to veto any laws the Democrats passed. They did not have a veto proof majority.
Again you miss the point. Democrats are all about raising taxes and income redistribution. That is a fact you can't hide no matter how hard you try. And markets react to these things long before they actually happen. And they did both in the financial markets and in the job market. Just as the market surged when it became obvious that the 2010 elections would make history. The Democratic Party would cease to exist if there was no such thing as abortion OR if there weren't stupid people who believed that Obama would pay their rent or buy them a new car OR if there weren't stupid people who vote for a candidate based upon promises that simply can't come to fruition anywhere except in fantasy land.

toetoe
04-13-2011, 11:01 PM
You want me to debate your #103? Be careful what you wish for. :sleeping: Um, yeah, go ahead, if you want. I'll just rest my ... eyes for a bit ...

toetoe
04-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Mike,

I don't agree with 100% of your postage, ---imagine that :eek: --- but I envy your ability to express yourself so well. :ThmbUp: