PDA

View Full Version : BEU Fortune 6

Ian Meyers
04-05-2010, 03:59 PM
A single live ticket on the #4 in the 8th race would take the whole pool. If the 4 doesn't win we're looking at another carryover. Multiple tickets on the 1,6,7,8,9. 2, 3 and 5 are uncovered.

We'll know in about 15 mins...

Horseplayersbet.com
04-05-2010, 04:03 PM
That was a tough second for whoever had that horse.

Ian Meyers
04-05-2010, 04:21 PM
That was a tough second for whoever had that horse.

The 4 finished 4th meaning another carryover. :bang:

Horseplayersbet.com
04-05-2010, 06:08 PM
The 4 finished 4th meaning another carryover. :bang:
I was looking at the wrong result. But good for Beulah, this was a great idea by them, and they are getting a lot of attention because of it.

Horseplayersbet.com
04-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Beulah did over $2 million in handle today.

castaway01
04-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Nice to see something working in racing these days...

Ian Meyers
04-06-2010, 02:13 PM
$72k in fresh money today. My guess is with the even money favorite winning the first leg there is virtually no chance that the 'fortune" will be hit today.

In another thread a poster wondered if many of those playing understood that the only way to take down the carryover was with a single winning ticket. IMHO, the answer is no, many bettors are unaware of that. With short fields and solid favorites today it's tough to imagine a scenario where you could be the only winning ticket so why would you invest anything today let alone $72k?

boogazie
04-06-2010, 02:23 PM
You still can get a share of 40% of the pot if you guess correctly. As the pot gets bigger, so does the 40% share so more ppl will play it.

There is a nice article on it at
http://cangamble.blogspot.com/2010/04/beulah-park-fortune-6-may-be-idea-that.html

PhantomOnTour
04-06-2010, 02:42 PM
I don't follow Beulah, but they must have huge fields huh? Conceivably, this thing could go on forever since 25 cent tix will surely have the winning combo, and almost surely more than one winning ticket. When will it be enough to buy every race? Assuming a 9-horse field in every race you could buy it for ~ $133,000...what's the carry now? I know you run the risk of not having the lone ticket and therefore losing, but the more popular it gets-the more money it draws-the more unlikely that a lone ticket will exist. It is probably already at the point where guys are buying a few races in the sequence...it's affordable at 25cents a pop. This could go on for a long time.

sjk
04-06-2010, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=PhantomOnTour]I don't follow Beulah, but they must have huge fields huh? /QUOTE]

Avg field size for March/April = 6.76

chickenhead
04-06-2010, 02:53 PM
It's basically un-handicappable in the normal sense. In any Pick 6 pool the hardest thing is to have the only winning ticket, it's always heavily skewed towards multiple, or none. If you see something, so does someone else.

I think you basically would have to construct tickets on that basis -- you want every ticket to be unique. That is really the only goal. You basically have to attempt to cover unique combos, ignoring actually trying to hit it, and wait until that unlikely event actually occurs. Kind of like playing the lottery.

PhantomOnTour
04-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Avg field size for March/April = 6.76[/QUOTE]

At 6.76 horses per race you can buy the thing for under $24,000. They need bigger fields or this will go on for a very long time. Under a normal $2 minimum P6 scenario how many times does a single ticket take the whole pool? This smells like a primo sucka bet.

rastajenk
04-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I think it will go until they have to pay out on the last day of the meet, Derby Day 2010. Short fields, dominant barns, obviously live shippers; a 15-1 shot just won that will separate some contenders from pretenders, but getting a single unique winning ticket, when they can be had for twenty-five cents a pop, at this stage of the meet seems highly improbable.

chickenhead
04-06-2010, 03:15 PM
the other thing that probably makes it a little difficult to form unique tickets, at least when I looked at Beu a few years ago, is their ML was abominable. A good ML does most of the work for you when it comes to guessing whats covered, so no help there. Would probably be an interesting thing to dig into a little further.

Ian Meyers
04-06-2010, 03:16 PM
a 15-1 shot just won that will separate some contenders from pretenders, but getting a single unique winning ticket, when they can be had for twenty-five cents a pop, at this stage of the meet seems highly improbable.

Especially now that a 1/5 single won the 3rd leg. Unless 30-1 shots win the last 3 I have to believe there will be multiple winning tickets.

A similar bet, the pool polte in Puerto Rico can go for a very long time without being hit.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/55973/camarero-horseplayer-wins-49-million