PDA

View Full Version : Another blow to The Narrative

ArlJim78
04-05-2010, 10:12 AM
you know, the one used by mainstream media and Democrats that casts the Tea Partiers as nothing more than uneducated far right wing racist hicks, who use the N word and spit on members of congress while they're not burning crosses or wearing white hoods?

Well two surveys, the first from Gallup (http://www.gallup.com/poll/127181/Tea-Partiers-Fairly-Mainstream-Demographics.aspx?utm_source=tagrss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=syndication&utm_term=All%20Gallup%20Headlines#1), kind of pour cold water on this part of The Narrative. Shockingly, it appears that Tea Partiers rather well represent the population of the country, even in terms of race.

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/uesnctifn0gwizq_z7zmzq.gif

The second on is from the Winston Group (http://yidwithlid.blogspot.com/2010/04/43-tea-party-activists-are-dems.html).
They find that 41% of people in the Tea Party movement are either Democrats or Independents, and 34% of them call themselves moderate or liberal. So the far right wing whacko mantra isn't working either.

but go ahead Rangel, Barney, Nancy, Barack, MSNBC and your loyal supporters. Continue to mock and ridicule us all you want, because it only exposes your own prejudices for all to see.

ArlJim78
04-05-2010, 10:36 AM
it just keeps getting better, now from Rasmussen (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/april_2010/tea_party_48_obama_44) we find that that the public relates to the Tea Party better than chairmen Obama.
__________________________________________________ _________
On major issues, 48% of voters say that the average Tea Party member is closer to their views than President Barack Obama. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that 44% hold the opposite view and believe the president’s views are closer to their own.

Not surprisingly, Republicans overwhelmingly feel closer to the Tea Party and most Democrats say that their views are more like Obama’s. Among voters not affiliated with either major political party, 50% say they’re closer to the Tea Party while 38% side with the President.
__________________________________________________ ___________

so the public relates to a bunch of racist haters than to the president? shocking.

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Stats like those...even mostpost or Sec or Hcap will find tough to spin...but you never know....thanks for posting the obvious to those who aren't blinded by their talking points and MSM brainwashing.

lsbets
04-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Stats like those...even mostpost or Sec or Hcap will find tough to spin...but you never know....thanks for posting the obvious to those who aren't blinded by their talking points and MSM brainwashing.

Nothing is too tough for Sec to spin, and Hcap has a non stop supply of cartoons for any topic.

PhantomOnTour
04-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Would someone please define the term 'mainstream media' for me?

prospector
04-05-2010, 03:45 PM
even juan williams came out this morning on fox and said his dems have to stop attacking the tea parties..

Robert Goren
04-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Mainstream Media is any thing that is widely read, listen to, or watched that you happen to disagree with. This definition holds pretty true if you are on the right or the left. JMO

PhantomOnTour
04-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Mainstream Media is any thing that is widely read, listen to, or watched that you happen to disagree with. This definition holds pretty true if you are on the right or the left. JMO
Thanks Rob...that's the answer I was looking for. I was just wondering if anyone could define the term without using Limbaugh, since he's the one who put the MSM idea in a lot of folks' minds.

Well Put.

boxcar
04-05-2010, 04:15 PM

The left very rarely disagrees with MM. Do you doubt this? Then why is the Fairness Doctrine targeting only conservative talk show hosts? The only reason the government hasn't included FNC is because all of Fox's competition are already in the bag for the state! The MM has all but become state-controlled. In fact, the MM is just an extension to the office the Press Secretary.

Boxcar

ArlJim78
04-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Would someone please define the term 'mainstream media' for me?
mainstream media is the slow, antiquated and almost universally bankrupt big corporate media, TV and newspapers, dominated by liberals, all singing from the same playbook. CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, NYT, LAT, Washington Post, Boston Globe, etc, etc. Basically it comes from the the coastal elite and enlightened big city markets.
MSM does very little now other than attack the political enemies of the democrats, and fawn over our brave young president.

it was the birth of the blogosphere that made people realize how controlled and contrived the news was from the MSM. Its only on the net where you can break free of the corporate information cartel and find alternative voices and opinions.
this is what I mean when I use the term MSM, others may have a different opinion.

PhantomOnTour
04-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Don't FOX's ratings dwarf MSNBC and CNN, esp during Beck and other more popular shows?

boxcar
04-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Don't FOX's ratings dwarf MSNBC and CNN, esp during Beck and other more popular shows?

And what does that tell you about the degree of popularity of leftist ideology?
Ditto for conservative talk show hosts. They virtually own the radio airwaves because no one wants to listen to liberal drivel. And here's the kicker: This Marxist-oriented government doesn't like the choices the public makes. The state thinks it knows best and wants to radically change the radio landscape.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
04-05-2010, 04:33 PM
The term Mainstream Media has been around a lot longer than Rush. I first heard used in the 60s by the anti war movement. I suspect it was around long before that.

PhantomOnTour
04-05-2010, 04:34 PM
And what does that tell you about the degree of popularity of leftist ideology?
Ditto for conservative talk show hosts. They virtually own the radio airwaves because no one wants to listen to liberal drivel. And here's the kicker: This Marxist-oriented government doesn't like the choices the public makes. The state thinks it knows best and wants to radically change the radio landscape.

Boxcar
If FOX's ratings are higher and conservatives 'own the radio airwaves' then aren't they mainstream? More folks are watching and listening to them, right?

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2010, 04:36 PM
The term Mainstream Media has been around a lot longer than Rush. I first heard used in the 60s by the anti war movement. I suspect it was around long before that.Thank you for that. It's amazing what they try to hang on Rush these days...(and remember folks, I never listen to the man...hard as it is for some of you to believe)

rastajenk
04-05-2010, 04:42 PM
What was the non-mainstream media in those days, then? I suppose you could say it was limited circulation weeklies, the Village Voice maybe, the kinds of things that ran Zippy the Pinhead...I think it's known as "alternative journalism" these days. That kind of thing was never going to have a serious impact on "real journalism." The term may have existed, but it never carried the weight it does now with internet-based sources and fact-checking.

PhantomOnTour
04-05-2010, 04:46 PM
I first heard the term from Rush. I was a board operator for an AM radio station while in college in the late 80's and ran the board locally for his show (so naturally I was listening). Man, his show was a riot back then. His condom updates and feminazi updates, etc... were fantastic and funny. The song 'Dittos Rush' is a classic.
Anyway, sorry to digress, but my point was that I really never heard the term from anyone else for years until recently, when a lot of folks use it.

Tom
04-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Thanks Rob...that's the answer I was looking for. I was just wondering if anyone could define the term without using Limbaugh, since he's the one who put the MSM idea in a lot of folks' minds.

Well Put.

Actually, Rush calls them the drive by media.
More appropriate.
Going by ratings, CNN, MSNBC are more like the hidden media, since they gt less viewers than the Cartoon Network. I guess Casper and Popeye are more mainstream that Wolfie and The Tingler. :lol:

skate
04-06-2010, 10:11 PM
even juan williams came out this morning on fox and said his dems have to stop attacking the tea parties..

Yah, Juan is a top guy.:jump:

toetoe
04-07-2010, 07:39 PM

I don't pay enough attention, but isn't his diet Kool-Aid-free ? He may already be a pariah for going off the folks-of-color's plantation, eh wot ?