PDA

View Full Version : Butler/Duke

Valuist
04-04-2010, 10:35 AM
The line at Bookmaker.com is Duke -7 1/2 and 129.

I think the play is the under. Butler has been tremendous defensively. Duke is certainly capable of shutting down opponents like they did to WV last night.

cj's dad
04-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Maybe, if we're lucky we'll get to see the Prezdent get to play another game of "horse" at halftime; or maybe one-on-one against Michelle.

Geez- he's everywhere.

46zilzal
04-04-2010, 11:36 AM
I would like to see a balanced game....After yesterday's outside game we probably will not.

Valuist
04-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Maybe, if we're lucky we'll get to see the Prezdent get to play another game of "horse" at halftime; or maybe one-on-one against Michelle.

Geez- he's everywhere.

Better that than an interview on healthcare or cap and trade. Does he have to interject himself into every major sporting event? I don't care if one is conservative or progressive, at a major sporting event, we should leave politics out completely.

Space Monkey
04-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Being a lefty myself, I think the prez has a nice touch on his shot.
I usually pull for the schools with high academic standards. Schools like Northwestern, Stanford, Vanderbilt and Duke (in football). I used to root for Duke but as the years have gone by I've grown to dislike Coach K. Once an athlete or a coach comes across to me as feeling entitled, I turn them off.

GO BUTLER!!

The midwests Providence College.

Relwob Owner
04-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Better that than an interview on healthcare or cap and trade. Does he have to interject himself into every major sporting event? I don't care if one is conservative or progressive, at a major sporting event, we should leave politics out completely.

Agree 100%....his constant efforts to be the "cool" President are tiresome....at the outset of the tourney, they released his brackets....I would think that as President and with the state of the country right now, he would have better things to do than brackets and interviews shooting hoops.....

BetHorses!
04-04-2010, 10:22 PM
The line at Bookmaker.com is Duke -7 1/2 and 129.

I think the play is the under. Butler has been tremendous defensively. Duke is certainly capable of shutting down opponents like they did to WV last night.

I played under 129.5 Sat night. Someone said they saw 130 but not at any of my outs. Only see it going lower. Currently at 128, think it goes south of that also.

Butler is a take. They can play and i'll be on them good.

Bettowin
04-05-2010, 08:47 PM
I like betting the 2nd half lines after being able to see what is going on in the first half. Especially if the 1st half is way out of line either way on the total. Without knowing what the 2nd half OU will be I like the over, I am assuming the 2nd half will be 62-65. The lower the 1st half the better:)

tzipi
04-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Both teams played their heart out. Congrats to Duke. Great, great game!

bigmack
04-05-2010, 11:55 PM
I played under 129.5 Sat night. Someone said they saw 130 but not at any of my outs. Only see it going lower. Currently at 128, think it goes south of that also.
Butler is a take. They can play and i'll be on them good.
Do tell, how did you fare?

96L8xlzX3bs

BetHorses!
04-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Let me collect first ;)

BetHorses!
04-06-2010, 12:01 AM
BTW, hilarious video Bigmack :ThmbUp:

Guess I should change my silly Avatar already :lol:

46zilzal
04-06-2010, 12:42 AM
scrappy and one hated to see either side lose.

CBedo
04-06-2010, 02:43 AM
Let me collect first ;)I had the under as well, and was getting a bit worried about 1/4 of the way through the second half when they both starting making and trading baskets.

Worked out OK!

LottaKash
04-06-2010, 05:47 AM
While Duke appeared at times to be the de-facto bully, it was so amazing that Butler held their own right down to the almost "buzzer-beater" shot....

Great game, I thought....I wish they were all like that....Enjoyed the heck out of it...

best,

Relwob Owner
04-06-2010, 07:14 AM
While Duke appeared at times to be the de-facto bully, it was so amazing that Butler held their own right down to the almost "buzzer-beater" shot....

Great game, I thought....I wish they were all like that....Enjoyed the heck out of it...

best,

Me too....I also thought the way they called the game was good....they definitely let them play and that was kind of refreshing. Calling the game that way probably did help out Duke because of their size....

cj's dad
04-06-2010, 08:09 AM
Butler hung tough, but I believe that there lack of a legit 3 point shooter hurt them as did going 6 minutes without a FG.

Pace Cap'n
04-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Not to mention at least seven misses from point-blank range.

Was great not seeing the foul, foul, foul BS in the latter moments. Is there any other sport where an advantage may be gained by committing an infraction?

Duke was the only team to score more than 60 against the Bulldogs during the tourney.

Duke is maybe the only team besides Princeton that actually runs plays. Against WV you could see a scoring play 3-4 passes ahead. That didn't work with Butler.

Great, great game.