PDA

View Full Version : Bad spill at suffolk

Suff
07-15-2003, 06:19 PM
Race 7 turning for home. Bedlam broke out.

2 horses euthanized. (prelimnary report)

2 Jockeys Ambulatory to area hospitals.

1 more injured en route.

Bad bad ugly spill.

Horse's going over frontwards. I saw I think Taylor Hole,, Catapulted about 10-12 feet in the air.. Thrown a good 15 feet off his Mount went the horse went HEAD OVER and Taylor was "sprung" skyward.

SandyE
07-17-2003, 10:14 AM
Any updates on the Jockeys' condition?

Suff
07-17-2003, 10:21 AM
http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/197/sports/Flores_injured_in_Suffolk_spill+.shtml

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/198/sports/Flores_out_of_hospital+.shtml

SandyE
07-17-2003, 10:49 AM
And for what it's worth it's a good thing they wear those safety vest.
GSTAWD!

Suff
07-17-2003, 11:04 AM
Your welcome. I like the Del-Mar Crowd. You guys have a nice Board. Good luck and Enjoy the Del_mar meet.

I used to Live in Carlsbad.. My Office was in Kearney Mesa.

I drove PCH everyday....Through encinitas, and down past Del-mar into La Jollla. Beautiful ride...Beautiful track. Been there bunchs.

I saw a thread on DRF where people were asking if Del-mar was better than Sartoga. Niether. They are both equally great.

Although I did learn yesterday that Sports Illustrated Named Saratoga one of the TOP TEN sporting destinations of the 20th century.

gino
07-17-2003, 04:18 PM
thanx for the linx...i watched that race, it was an incredibly nasty spill...too bad for the horse, those jocks were damn lucky...
gino

SandyE
07-17-2003, 11:29 PM
A few years back I by accident or design stumbled accross the DMTC site and I still post over there from time to time.

I had a feeling it was you bud. How are you doing? I'm working too many hours at work.

gino
07-17-2003, 11:49 PM
Sandy-
i always liked RunDMC and i felt bad when old whatizname got greased...
but i'm lookin close at yer initials and i don't believe we've ever met...
gino
pleeezedtameechya
p.s. yes i like Bud. i'm doin' fine, and if i was u i'd quit that damn job...

SandyE
07-18-2003, 06:05 PM
How about just SandyE and I occasionly post over at the DMTC website's ff. And I thought you were the Gino that posts there. If not sorry for the mix up, then again I'm glad to have met you.
SandyE
GSTAWD!

Suff
07-18-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by SandyE@DMTC
How about just SandyE and I occasionly post over at the DMTC website's ff. And I thought you were the Gino that posts there. If not sorry for the mix up, then again I'm glad to have met you.
SandyE
GSTAWD!

Drop a note to PA sandy and he will Take the DMTC off your users name. He did this for a bunch of members that played for other teams and had the BOARDS initials ....as a tail. He'll take it off no problem.

SandyE
07-20-2003, 08:08 AM
I'll do that later today, for which I'll try to remember. Have you seen Amazin or LJB post on this bd? Or are they Johnny come lately to the off topic db?
later all
Sandye