PDA

View Full Version : Butler

cj
04-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Exhibit A of why college football will never surpass college hoops. If this were football, Butler would have been eliminated before playing a game.

rrbauer
04-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Exhibit A of why college football will never surpass college hoops. If this were football, Butler would have been eliminated before playing a game.
they did their best to eliminate them by giving them a 5-seed. michigan state also got a 5-seed as the "3rd best" (after Ohio State and Purdue) team in the big 10. And if this tournament goes to 96 teams you can bet your ass that the Butlers and Davidsons and St Marys of this world will NEVER get a 1 or 2 seed because they're "mid-major" teams. the football deal
(BCS) sucks but the basketball deal isn't far behind. they need to put some rules in place AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON as to what the process is to make it to the big dance and then keep the NCAA suits out of the selection process with their "at large" crap. If I never hear the "body of work" term again, it won't be soon enough!

bisket
04-03-2010, 09:11 PM
college football is the only sport that the handicappers pick the winner instead of trying to take an educated guess as to who the winner is. i know in racing the favorite wins only 1/3 of the time at best. i'd say football the percentage of the handicappers choices, disregarding point spreads, are probably a little better. say maybe half to 3/4's of the time, but still look at how often we may be choosing a less than deserving team. i say prove it on the field, and do away with the popularity contest.

Valuist
04-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Go Butler. I would love to see them rip Duke to shreds. WV too, but it would be more fun if they took down Duke.

OTM Al
04-03-2010, 10:32 PM
I think they would beat WVU, but Duke is better.

Robert Goren
04-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Nebraska a few years ago hired a coach from Butler. He was here for 8 years before returning to take the Butler AD job with no warning in september leaving us scrambling for a hoops coach. He is still there. I hope his team gets beat by 50. Yes, I hold a grudge at least in sports. JMO

Valuist
04-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Funny thing, I met that guy last fall. Can't remember his name. A friend of mine has a skybox for the Colts and I was there for the Patriot game. I remember the Butler AD was there in the box. But face it; basketball will never be the top dog at Nebraska and I think he realized it. 8 years is pretty long to stay at one place nowadays.

Robert Goren
04-04-2010, 12:45 AM
Funny thing, I met that guy last fall. Can't remember his name. A friend of mine has a skybox for the Colts and I was there for the Patriot game. I remember the Butler AD was there in the box. But face it; basketball will never be the top dog at Nebraska and I think he realized it. 8 years is pretty long to stay at one place nowadays. The coach that replaced was fired for not being able to a NCCA tourney game. That goof could even get to NCAA tourney. Nebraska is not the only place that is true but it doesn't stop places Texas, Ok, and Florida from having good hoops teams in some years.